Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-26-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oladipo/Tyreke doesn't make much sense. Tyreke was way more developed on offense coming out of college.

Oladipo is athletic as they come, but like you said, everything about his game on the offensive side is not natural at the moment.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oladipo can get to the basket and his jumpshot is vastly improved from where it once was. Shooting 44% from 3 is pretty good. I linked them because of their length, their ability to get to the rack and their funky looking jumpshots.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funky looking jump shot for both of them, Yes.

I'd take Oladipo high on the hope of his offense improving added with his ability to play on the ball defense amazingly. You just have to hope he isn't another Corey Brewer. People thought he was a good enough shooter coming out and his offense would continue to improve, but that never ended up happening.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
I might get ripped on for this but he kind of makes me think of MKG in a shooting guard's body with a respectable jumper.

They both have excellent athleticism, approach each facet of the game with tenacity and have speed driving to the basket. His handle scares me though, he'll probably cough if it quite a bit his first season and he has difficulty getting to the rim when the straight line is cut off.
This seems to be a very good comparison. And MKG Went top three in last years draft.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not trying to get too cray here and I don't expect him to get to quite that level of a scorer in the pros (maybe if he was a primary ball handler who shot the ball 20+ times a game) but I went back looking for a and he actually reminds me of UCLA Westbrook. His handles in tight spaces aren't quite as good Westbrook's but their skillsets offensively remind me a lot of each other as far as being high energy, hyper explosive players who aggressively attack, are at their best driving downhill into the lane and can get to the rim in a hurry. They both have a solid pull up jumper to complement their attacking abilities. If you remember Russ wasnt't an especially productive offensive player at UCLA and gradually improved like Oladipo. Victor doesn't have the assertiveness that defines Russ but he's FAR more efficient. I don't really expect Vic to be a guy who'll average 23 points per and can drop 30 on you on any given night (but he also won't be in quite the same role ether) but they're both late bloomers who bring a lot of the same thing to the table in a similar style as prospects. Am I off base here or is there something to this?

sidebar: I'm not actually making this comparison but stylistically Victor looks so much like a young Mike Jordan.

Last edited by TACKLE : 05-26-2013 at 06:19 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Victor is an even more explosive athlete than Russ but I'm probably a bit biased because I have seen him play so many times in person. One thing I will say about your analysis though Tackle is that I feel saying "his handle isn't quite as good" is a polite understatement. He gets out of control quite a bit when trying to drive to the hoop and overall I would say his handle in general is poor for a guard.

It could improve though, guy's an incredibly hard worker and that's reflected in his vast improvement in his junior season. I saw him leaving Cook Hall (players have 24/7 access) on weekends at 3-4 a.m. when I would be coming home from the bars.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
I think Victor is an even more explosive athlete than Russ but I'm probably a bit biased because I have seen him play so many times in person. One thing I will say about your analysis though Tackle is that I feel saying "his handle isn't quite as good" is a polite understatement. He gets out of control quite a bit when trying to drive to the hoop and overall I would say his handle in general is poor for a guard.

It could improve though, guy's an incredibly hard worker and that's reflected in his vast improvement in his junior season. I saw him leaving Cook Hall (players have 24/7 access) on weekends at 3-4 a.m. when I would be coming home from the bars.
I wouldn't say his handles are poor at all but I probably did undersell the difference between his and Russ's handles. You're right though, he has a tendency to get in that sprint mode when he's attacking and with those long stride and he gets a little out of control at times though I did think he did a progressively better job at that. Still needs to improve in that area for sure.

Last edited by TACKLE : 05-26-2013 at 07:24 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Funky looking jump shot for both of them, Yes.

I'd take Oladipo high on the hope of his offense improving added with his ability to play on the ball defense amazingly. You just have to hope he isn't another Corey Brewer. People thought he was a good enough shooter coming out and his offense would continue to improve, but that never ended up happening.
I ******* loved Corey Brewer coming out. Ugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Victor over anyone not named Nerlens Noel.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'd take Victor over anyone not named Nerlens Noel.
60% shooter. Of course you would. ;)
Old 05-26-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My mock draft which I'm sure most will disagree with:

http://nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/9188

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
60% shooter. Of course you would. ;)
Good rebounder, good shooter, elite defender, etc.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-26-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Good rebounder, good shooter, elite defender, etc.
Hey you don't have to sell me. I already called him the best player in this class.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post

KCP at 16? I'm not going to disagree there.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post

-Otto Porter as 1 just...eck. I don't see it happening, Noel is just much better of an overall package.
-I hate Shabazz, but no way he falls past the T'Wolves. They need their next bust.
-Muscala falling that far in round 2?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-26-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i guess Larkin's good value there ghetto, but the Nets don't need a PG. We had D-Will, Watson and Tyshawn this year. If Watson leaves, we've still got Tyshawn, who I'd kill to see get more time next year
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is that mock what you think will happen or should happen STRIP?

Not sure I see the Saric fit to the Bulls with Deng, Butler, Mirotic, and Gibson. Maybe makes sense if you don't think Mirotic ever comes over. I could see more of a pure 3 if you think they don't keep Deng around past next season, but a 2 guard or backup center would make the most sense.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
-Otto Porter as 1 just...eck. I don't see it happening, Noel is just much better of an overall package.
-I hate Shabazz, but no way he falls past the T'Wolves. They need their next bust.
-Muscala falling that far in round 2?
Porter is the darling of analytics people, and the Cavs listen to those guys as much as anybody in the NBA. I don't see him going over Noel, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Porter is the darling of analytics people, and the Cavs listen to those guys as much as anybody in the NBA. I don't see him going over Noel, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Umm no, Noel is the darling of the analytic peeps.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-26-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He really is. Every analytics system out there has Noel grading out significantly higher than everyone.

Calipari has also said Chris Grant was at UK practices more than any GM for what it's worth.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The models I've looked at have Noel #1 and Porter #2, with a huge drop-off afterwards. Those are the safe picks to be "All Star" guys if you put much stock in regression analysis. Porter has the versatility to fill up a stat sheet, which regression models like (especially with perimeter players). Noel just went out and averaged 5.5 blocks, 2.6 steals, and 11.9 rebounds per 40 minutes as an 18 year old freshman at a major college program (which is quite the accomplishment), and IIRC his numbers seemed to be trending upward when he was injured.

But I don't put a tremendous amount of stock in these models. Their primary value is in identifying players who are likely to bust, not players who are likely to boom.

Last edited by WCH : 05-26-2013 at 10:13 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Not necessarily. Faried was really high on the analytics list for a reason. As was Kawhi Leonard...also, it's Noel then Oladipo then a Olynyk then a bunch of others. Porter isn't all that high, although he is certainly higher than Shabazz (who isn't).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-26-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

Yea, his WARP (for whatever stock you want to put into it) is the largest as well. I think it's the largest after Anthony Davis iirc.

Edit: it isn't susprising at all that Bazz tests poorly given that he just looks like a volume shooter right now.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

If the only thing you show is volume shooting in college, you aren't likely to be very good in the NBA.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-26-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Hey you don't have to sell me. I already called him the best player in this class.
He is talking about Noel.