Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 05-28-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Worked great. You told the town exactly what they wanted to hear and that vote for OSU was clutch.

As for OSU he will learn from that mistake of playing to casual day one as mafia. Never ******* come at me.

I thought the mafia on a whole did a good job but almost too good of a job early as that came back to bite them later. You also maybe could have killed someone night one who is actually useful as a townie.

Bharaat, you remained under the radar for a while so respect but I like killing me was the act of an insane person. It worked out though so good on you. Thought the D kill was a terrible choice though you likely thought he was evil and were trying to even the numbers.
Ahha, I finally got a power role, so thought I would just go with the flow and not think to much.

Yeah spot on for the D kill, in hindsight I should have went after Cigar, but never thought of it, till much later.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Ahha, I finally got a power role, so thought I would just go with the flow and not think to much.

Yeah spot on for the D kill, in hindsight I should have went after Cigar, but never thought of it, till much later.
I thought you did well. The problem with SK is if the kills always show which is done by SK and which is done by mafia it is impossible to frame the mafia and send suspicion their way.

I do think you are a ******* asshole for killing me. I would have taken down Grizz and that ************ OSU.

I do admit my weakness in this game is someone agreeing with me and stroking my ego. I see myself being manipulated but I love being talked up to much to call those people out.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I thought you did well. The problem with SK is if the kills always show which is done by SK and which is done by mafia it is impossible to frame the mafia and send suspicion their way.
I'm glad Rob was the one to (politely) respond when somebody asked if we could clarify which killings were done by which faction, because my response would have been along the lines of "Go **** yourself"
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:36 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was a fun game all in all, not sure how well I did as mafia as I felt like I got pegged pretty early and I didn't know enough about the game to come up with a decent role claim, I think keeping Grizz alive on Day 2 was big for us, but also was what cost me staying safe :(

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was a dead chat?!?!?! How come I didn't get invited :-(

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed how many times I was considered for the mafia kill. Dodged a couple of bullets I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I enjoyed how many times I was considered for the mafia kill. Dodged a couple of bullets I guess.
In the end we just hoped you were siblings and you would die with the poisoned TH.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things I liked:

The main power roles for the town being a tracker and watcher and the mafia having a ninja to negate them. I thought that was great for balance.
I love the JOAT role. It is under-utilized around here and therefore I think it might be under-rated but its actually more powerful than a standard Cop/Tracker/Watcher 95% of the time, and Cigaro did it justice.
Having the only cop in the game be incompetent. In flavor/non-standard games, I think its always important to give the town some bastard mechanics like random/incompetent cops, millers, hammerer, etc.
1xPoison for the godfather. Having that extra kill was clutch for the mafia.
The mafia having a usually pro-town role.

Things I didn't like:

Being a mafia thief again. I think CJ nailed it in one of his posts about how a thief is kinda pointless for the mafia. Sure, I can maybe figure out the person's character and then guess what their role is but at the end of the day, its a lot of guesswork and not a big reward.
Similar to what Cain/McGee said, too many roles for the town. Overall, I thought the town could have afforded to have one or two less roles with the two that I would have dropped being friendly neighbor and inventor to townie. Just too many people could easily prove their innocence.

Overall, I thought the game played its way into being balanced extremely well and I don't think the town was OP. For the most part, scum failed pretty hard on their night-kill targets though. They failed to do rule number 1 a couple times, always kill confirmed town-aligned players. Vidae, CJ, and D-Unit were all townies that were night-killed, which, in turn, limited the ability to have the town turn on someone within their ranks as the power roles all had easy alibis. Then broth, who deserves an MVP btw, gets himself mod-killed instead of lynched which completely saved the town depending on who brat would have killed that night (if broth got lynched and brat/mafia killed different townies, would have been 3-3-1, almost ensuring a scum victory of some variety). The flavor roles also hurt the setup some as SP knew he was incompetent even though it wasn't in his PM, which eliminates the bastard part of him being incompetent. Then Rufus gives scum a break by whiffing on his role but everyone still believes him because his role fits Flanders like a glove. I had a typically pro-town role but circumstances of being caught stealing from a dead guy killed my ability to use my role to fall-in with the town.

Scum working hard to get SP lynched is being called out as stupid but the mafia was in PERFECT position to win, because of that move, even after my lynch. They botched it between Cigaro commuting (still think he was a poor target choice that night in general) and the broth mod-kill sealed the loss. One final thing I want to mention is that we need to start giving the mafia more typically pro-town roles consistently. People come out as a tracker/watcher/inventor/JOAT, they are just auto-assumed to be town. In addition, using neighbors instead of masons so that way they aren't automatically confirmed as town. One of these times, a scum watcher is going to be in the game and they are gonna straight up rob the town for all their worth because he was confirmed town just because their role is typically town-aligned.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will have my revenge Grizz. Oh yes. I will.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:D That flying motorcycle for Cigaro was epic. Didn't realize my inventions had a 50% success rate though that would have been terrible if it had failed.

Agreed on pretty much all of Grizz's points. I would never have bought a mafia thief role as it tends to be a bastard role but those work well in themed games.

I was hoping in the end that you mafioso's would target JR rather than Cigaro as I had given him a death ray so we could eliminate 3 potential mafia while only losing 2 if we left the SK alive.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have dropped masons before anything. I like Frink too much :P

And your results were not necessarily meant to be just character hints, Grizz. Your role was initially a role cop until about 5 minutes before roles were assigned. But you thieved from a dead protector and were then blocked, so there wasn't too much put forth. That point CJ made was a good one for selling yourself as town, at least. I was hoping you'd steal from Trog, I remember that being pitched early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
:D That flying motorcycle for Cigaro was epic. Didn't realize my inventions had a 50% success rate though that would have been terrible if it had failed.

Agreed on pretty much all of Grizz's points. I would never have bought a mafia thief role as it tends to be a bastard role but those work well in themed games.

I was hoping in the end that you mafioso's would target JR rather than Cigaro as I had given him a death ray so we could eliminate 3 potential mafia while only losing 2 if we left the SK alive.
Silly Frink, the death ray was never funded enough to bring out its true evil power.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Thanks again to everyone for playing/putting up with us. I'd rep you all x10000 if I could.

There were so many ways to go with this game, I almost couldn't help but have too many powers. I can't deny that I am a fan of delicious flavor. A couple from the cutting room floor:

Jimbo as a recruit.
Grampa Simpson with the ability to create lovers by using the Love Tonic.
800 Homer at the Bat references.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What role is an Idaho?
The best role, D. The best role.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the game and the roles. Again again agai
Old 05-28-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be down to do another Simpsons style game, especially if we get more participants. There is literally an unlimited supply of characters.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
The best role, D. The best role.

I don't get it.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Thanks again to everyone for playing/putting up with us. I'd rep you all x10000 if I could.

There were so many ways to go with this game, I almost couldn't help but have too many powers. I can't deny that I am a fan of delicious flavor. A couple from the cutting room floor:

Jimbo as a recruit.
Grampa Simpson with the ability to create lovers by using the Love Tonic.
800 Homer at the Bat ]
This theme is perfect for a big game, its unfortunate that there wasn't the same amount of interest that there was like last year.

B utnone the less, mcgee, you did an okay job....but we all know rob was carrying you.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Tell me!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tell me!!!
He's just a townie D-unit

Just so this isn't a wasted post. I think McGee and Rob did a great job making this game. It forced a change of strategy which I really appreciate. The abilities are not as OP as it seems at first glance every measure has a counter measure. It would have been awesome if more people played.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Tell me!!!
Ralph is the dumb kid that ate paste... He was a flavor townie name.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't get it.
Quote:
Quote:
Ralph is the dumb kid that ate paste... He was a flavor townie name.

And then as for the why for Idaho...

This game made me go back and watch the older Simpson's seasons.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been marathoning season 4 lately. The one thing I was really happy that we did was eliminate the cop role.