Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-23-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kop a dope

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
If you want to nitpick then yeah its the worst bracket I've ever seen.
Must have forgot the sarcasm smiley.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quicksies <333

Respect our authoritah!
Old 05-24-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Sharks lose two home games in regulation all year but still manage to be a 6-seed, and they're the Sharks. Yeah, they're not going to win Game 7 on the road against the champs.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm having a sad today. :(

I don't understand how our offense has all of a sudden become anemic. Howard has been ridiculous in games 2 and 3, but last night while he was very good, we barely took any chances. I mean, I think we had 2 powerplays where we didn't even get a shot on goal. How does that happen?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I'm having a sad today. :(

I don't understand how our offense has all of a sudden become anemic. Howard has been ridiculous in games 2 and 3, but last night while he was very good, we barely took any chances. I mean, I think we had 2 powerplays where we didn't even get a shot on goal. How does that happen?
Because this is what Toews sees every time he shuts his eyes

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny how former Smythe winners Toews and Richards have been in the playoffs.

It takes a real man to be a true perennial playoff warrior. It takes Henrik ******* Zetterberg.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Because this is what Toews sees every time he shuts his eyes
Ya, Serious is having a truly horrible series and pretty bad playoffs overall. I give Zetterberg and the Wings credit, they have done a fantastic job with their game plan.

Perhaps the one redeeming aspect of this series has been how awesome Bickell has been. Before he came up, all I heard about him was how he was this big, physical guy that had the talent to do more, but would lose focus and just try to hit people. But then when he came up, we really didn't see any of that and he sort of just blended in with whoever he was on the ice with. I'm hoping this is the Bickell we see going forward, it's been fun to watch.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-24-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
yup. i think babcock has done a terrific job so far. and our 4th line has been incredible.

beyond the obvious fact that jimmy is a brick wall.

i mean, you say you didn't take any chances, but you had way too much odd man rushes and near breakaways, and couldn't do anything with them. last game, there seemed to always be a hawks player waiting at the blue line for a long pass. i think chances are being taken, but the wings are doing a great job in the neutral zone, and even after the 451st bad turnover yesterday, jimmy is doing enough to keep them in almost every game.
Ya, he has been fantastic, as has been your defense in general, I just meant more game 4 specifically and in terms of the Hawks usually take a **** ton of shots and are constantly creating on offense. Last night I thought after 2 games of accomplishing nothing they would have more of a fire under them, but they still seemed to have no urgency or when they did and Howard/the defense stuff the oppotunity, they just kind of rolled over.

The Wings are just completely throwing them off their game and I don't know how they are going to overcome it.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-24-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That hooking call on Crosby.....wow.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kruuuuuuuuug

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Refs ignoring everything lol. Uncalled penalties all over the place.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaromir Jagr's been a bit of a flop :(.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Abdelkader is a ******* moron. Someone punch him in the face like he's Peter Campbell.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Justin Abdelkader is a ******* moron. Someone punch him in the face like he's Peter Campbell.
Bolland decided to have **** up off vs Abdelkader. Who can take worse penalties?

I can't imagine Shaw on the other side. I barely stand him and he is on the Hawks.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Last edited by dabears10 : 05-25-2013 at 09:30 PM.
dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Galiardi is a punk, he says that quick is a diver but in back to back games he's crossed checked and slashed quick? Asshole
Old 05-27-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
what a ******* joke. toews was offsides by ten ******* feet and the ref was standing right there watching him. pathetic.

and THAT'S a ******* penalty shot? **** off.

Didn't the Wings play it back in to the zone?

I thought the Penalty shot was weak.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely weak call on the penalty shot.

Wings still choked, but they should have only been killing a 2-minute penalty instead of a shaky at best penalty shot.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
what a ******* joke. toews was offsides by ten ******* feet and the ref was standing right there watching him. pathetic.

and THAT'S a ******* penalty shot? **** off.
Lol the Wings brought it back in the zone so can't really be offsides...

But the penalty shot was super weak sauce.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-27-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Galiardi is a punk, he says that quick is a diver but in back to back games he's crossed checked and slashed quick? Asshole
Quick has been diving and taking cheap shots at anyone who skates by all series. Lost a lot of respect for him.
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

That was an absolute joke of a penalty shot call, but I love the move by Frolik. I once did something similar to that, probably more accidentally than he did, and I felt like such a boss afterward.

Game 7 of the home ice series. Hope it's fun.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Just realized that of the last 6 teams remaining, 5 of them are the past five Cup winners. If LA and Chicago win then it's all of the past four in the Conference Finals. Hard to not expect good games next round, but I've been let down before.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to blame the refs, but in the end the Wings played like ***** in the 3rd. I'm already sweating thinking about tomorrow
Old 05-28-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Yup, the penalty shot was a joke after watching the replay.

I'm more confident for game 7 than I have been for any game after game 2, but I'm still worried the Hawks will come out with their trademark lethargic 1st period thinking they can cruise to a W at home. That, and I hope Detroit doesn't start just throwing pucks at Crawford from mid-ice/the blue line.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 05-28-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no disagreement at all, and hopefully i didn't make it sound like i was blaming the loss on bad calls. our defense was disgusting. the bad call(s) just made it hurt more.
Yeah, I wasn't making a comment about anyone's post in particular. More just saying that it was a **** way to lose a game that we didn't deserve to win.

Quote:
i feel like i said the same thing before the duck's game 7, but i don't see how the wings win this. the hawks have all the momentum. the wings look like they did a couple of months ago. and the game is in chicago. i don't think this one is even close.
Agreed. I don't think we have a chance. We need Howie to play out of his mind, and Datsyuk/Henrik to step up.

Last edited by TimD : 05-28-2013 at 03:55 PM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote