Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-28-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call her out on it

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or I could just chalk it all up to being in my head cause I was still pissed at the knicks, go visit her now that she's started her rotations away from all her friends, and finally hook up with her...or more realistically I could just keep spending my nights with 5 pounds like I did yesterday, because I'm stupid.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honesty is the best policy. :)

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
If you would honestly shows us pictures of your mom and sister, it would be a great policy.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can be honest and ask her about it once I've rocked her world.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 05-28-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No its not. Some **** you have to bend and warp or hide or you'll get in trouble.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
If you would honestly shows us pictures of your mom and sister, it would be a great policy.
That isn't what I meant!

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-28-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
No its not. Some **** you have to bend and warp or hide or you'll get in trouble.
Nope, SP is right. Don't fall for the trap of thinking you have to play manipulative female games.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
MM3
Rookie

MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Hey guys, I don't post much but I'm looking for some advice. Here's my situation.

My GF and I have been together for a little more than 2 years now. She's 26 and I'm 23. She is a great girl, truly loves me, and would do anything for me. However, something just doesn't feel right. I'm not happy, and its hard for me to pinpoint any particular reason why. I've felt this way for the past couple months now and become increasingly confused as to what I want to do. My problem is that I don't think its worth just giving up on because she treats me (for the most part) how I want to be treated. If we were to break up, she's the kind of person that will never even look at me again, let alone try to work things out if I were to realize breaking up was a mistake (she's VERY stubborn). She has been manipulative to me in the past, but I call her out on it when she is and has since stopped (I think) trying to manipulate me for fear of losing me.

I think this all started when I was back in college. We were together for my senior year and she already wanted me to move in with her as soon as I graduated, and I didn't end up doing it until a few months later. We have since moved and are now renting a place together in another town. While searching for places to live a few months ago, I tried to buy my own house but she got really upset with me because it wouldn't be HERS so she basically threatened to not live with me if I bought my own house. In her mind we HAD to rent together, "so that if we were to break up we would have to take to figure who moves out." i.e. make breaking up harder to do. I take that as I have to be the one that moves out, because if I bought my own house, she would obviously move out (not to mention she wouldn't be bound by a lease). She claims that she only wants to be 50/50 in our relationship and that if I bought a house she doesn't feel as though we were 50/50, and we technically wouldn't be until we get married. She's going back to school for the next two years so I would be paying for almost everything anyway so we really can't be 50/50 at this point because she can't earn much money while in school. I told her that accepted that and that I don't mind doing it. But again, she's extremely stubborn and closed minded and won't change her opinion. I think her closed mindedness gets to me too. I guess deep down I'm not sure if she's the right girl for me, but at the same time I know that not every relationship is perfect. There's obviously more to it than this but I don't want to bore everyone with a massive story.

It's hard for me to tell if its my own subconscious fear of taking the next step in our relationship that is making me feel this way or if its just that I truly recognize that she's not right for me. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
MM3
Rookie

MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.MM3 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

delete repost

Last edited by MM3 : 07-10-2013 at 08:46 AM.
MM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
MM3
Rookie

delete repost

MM3
Rookie

delete repost

Old 07-10-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM3 View Post
Hey guys, I don't post much but I'm looking for some advice. Here's my situation.

My GF and I have been together for a little more than 2 years now. She's 26 and I'm 23. She is a great girl, truly loves me, and would do anything for me. However, something just doesn't feel right. I'm not happy, and its hard for me to pinpoint any particular reason why. I've felt this way for the past couple months now and become increasingly confused as to what I want to do. My problem is that I don't think its worth just giving up on because she treats me (for the most part) how I want to be treated. If we were to break up, she's the kind of person that will never even look at me again, let alone try to work things out if I were to realize breaking up was a mistake (she's VERY stubborn). She has been manipulative to me in the past, but I call her out on it when she is and has since stopped (I think) trying to manipulate me for fear of losing me.

I think this all started when I was back in college. We were together for my senior year and she already wanted me to move in with her as soon as I graduated, and I didn't end up doing it until a few months later. We have since moved and are now renting a place together in another town. While searching for places to live a few months ago, I tried to buy my own house but she got really upset with me because it wouldn't be HERS so she basically threatened to not live with me if I bought my own house. In her mind we HAD to rent together, "so that if we were to break up we would have to take to figure who moves out." i.e. make breaking up harder to do. I take that as I have to be the one that moves out, because if I bought my own house, she would obviously move out (not to mention she wouldn't be bound by a lease). She claims that she only wants to be 50/50 in our relationship and that if I bought a house she doesn't feel as though we were 50/50, and we technically wouldn't be until we get married. She's going back to school for the next two years so I would be paying for almost everything anyway so we really can't be 50/50 at this point because she can't earn much money while in school. I told her that accepted that and that I don't mind doing it. But again, she's extremely stubborn and closed minded and won't change her opinion. I think her closed mindedness gets to me too. I guess deep down I'm not sure if she's the right girl for me, but at the same time I know that not every relationship is perfect. There's obviously more to it than this but I don't want to bore everyone with a massive story.

It's hard for me to tell if its my own subconscious fear of taking the next step in our relationship that is making me feel this way or if its just that I truly recognize that she's not right for me. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Wake up and smell the coffee. You are being manipulated (and letting yourself get manipulated) by your girlfriend. You are not happy because she ISN'T treating you the way you actually want to be treated. You have been lying to yourself about your situation, and your subconscious is rebelling.

My recommendation is to get away from her for a week. Go to your parents or away with friends and think about how things are and what you really need and want. Note that I listed needs above wants. Figure out what you need from your relationship, then clearly communicate to her what it is you need. If she cannot meet your needs, you should consider breaking up with her.

It sounds to me like you're miserable, but you've convinced yourself that she is this amazing girl. She might be great, but not great for you. Sometimes relationships that begin in high school or college need to stay there and not in your adult life.

Another option would be to go to see a therapist on your own and/or with her. You need a safe space to get through some of these issues. Investing in yourself and/or your relationship could be a great idea if you are game to it.

I predict you will break up with her and move out in 12-18 months. You aren't ready to make the break and remove her from your life. Additionally, she is controlling enough that you won't make the first breakup attempt stick.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question for the married folks:

My wife has added about 10 lbs, which is fine because I don't need a stick figure. However, she is not happy about the weight gain and how she looks. We eat pretty well, but the main problem is portion size. We make too much food and eat too much. I have great metabolism, and I'm very active, so I haven't gained weight.

Wife has started weighing her food and tracking what she eats (plus Weight Watchers). I am supportive of these steps, but if she REALLY wants the body and to be in the shape she wants, she needs to up her gym time substantially. She runs about 3 miles 2-3 times a week, but she isn't in the gym with weights and core and yoga and heavy cardio (like Zumba or spin) at all.

Question is: how do I tell her she needs to work harder for the body she wants without sounding like a dick? Or do I just say it? Or do I just shut up?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 07-11-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

The same way you get any girl to actually start working out as much as they say they want to work out? Start doing the things she's not doing herself with her so that she actually gets into the habit of doing it with you?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-11-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
The same way you get any girl to actually start working out as much as they say they want to work out? Start doing the things she's not doing herself with her so that she actually gets into the habit of doing it with you?
Usually a good point, but I think I do a poor job of not showing off or pushing it too far when we go to the gym together. I think I could do better there. I'm also doing Insanity now. Doesn't lend itself too well... She has no interest in doing it because she hates working out at home.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ask her to be involved with you in your active lifestyle. it depends largely on the woman but you should frame the discussion around 'we' rather than 'you'.

edit. didn't see the two posts above.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

We can go to the gym together, but we work out differently, at different levels, etc. We sometimes go to classes together (typically yoga or pilates). We also both run, but I'm in better shape and go much faster. I'm also a foot taller, so her running speed is my fast walking speed. Just a function of me being a better natural athlete.

This isn't really an issue, but it annoys me that she seems to think the same current routine is going to result in real change.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Well if she actually wants to lose weight I don't see the issue in you telling her what is going to help her lose weight.

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-11-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well if she actually wants to lose weight I don't see the issue in you telling her what is going to help her lose weight.
I feel like we're going to be getting a lot SP posts in this thread over the coming years.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-11-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You'll see....You'll see man....

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I feel like we're going to be getting a lot SP posts in this thread over the coming years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
You'll see....You'll see man....
This will be fun....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
We can go to the gym together, but we work out differently, at different levels, etc. We sometimes go to classes together (typically yoga or pilates). We also both run, but I'm in better shape and go much faster. I'm also a foot taller, so her running speed is my fast walking speed. Just a function of me being a better natural athlete.

This isn't really an issue, but it annoys me that she seems to think the same current routine is going to result in real change.
Has she tried spin class? Doesn't matter how great your athleticism is, that will kick your ass if you have a good instructor.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
really? i've never had an issue with being blunt about things like that with girls.

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-11-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
really? i've never had an issue with being blunt about things like that with girls.
Seriously, just wait...
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote