Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know basketball is a completely different sport than football but it's still a team concept. There was no way on God's green Earth that George Mason and coach Jim Laranaga were better than the University of Connecticuit. The Huskies had a team with 3 first round selections in that June's draft and were the #1 seed. George Mason didn't have the size or the speed to compete on paper, but due to tactics and coaching abilities of Laranaga George Mason was able to pull the upset over a team that was superior. Coaching has all to do with a team's success and talent is part of it but not the majority. The Dallas Mavericks had all the talent in the world but until Avery Johnson took over and actually coached them up they had no success prior to that. In baseball Jimmy Leyland took a team that was looked at by many has bottom of the barrell and brought them a division title and got them to the World Series. Bill Belicheck took a team led by an inexperienced 6th round selection in Tom Brady to the Super Bowl and won it becuase he put the team in situations to win without forcing Brady to be the deciding factor. The New Orleans Sainst selected #2 in the 2006 NFL Draft but due to hiring of Sean Payton and some fortunate additions to the team the Sainst made it to the NFC Championship. The roster was improved but Payton coached the Sainst up to a level where they were feared by the NFL and almost got to the Super Bowl. I could go on all day but I think thats all the evidence thats needed.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote