Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-03-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I don't think the Bulls are going to stash another guy. I was reading some defensive stuff about him and it seems that his athleticism makes up for the fact he is out of position. Maybe Thibs could fix that, but I don't want JaVale McGee 2.0. Give me one of the college centers.
Javale McGee makes some dumb ass plays, but he's got a ridiculous amount of talent. If you think you're getting 2.0, you happily jump all over it.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Isaiah Canaan will be better than Shane Larkin. Guaranteed 100%!
I actually agree with this because Canaan is a straight up baller.

Something about Larkin and his game just give me a feeling that he's not going to do well in the NBA. We just disagree. I don't see him being able to match up well with other guards. He's going to have so much trouble finishing at the rim. He didn't do that all that well in college so I never attributed it to size but that may be it. I just don't like his game all that much from what I've seen and watched of him.

Also, yeah, you're seriously understating his size. I just read he weighed in at 171. Are you kidding me? He had trouble with average defenders in college because of their size and length. He's quick but how quick? And damn if he won't get bullied around a ton if he stays at 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
See, I'd agree with you if we were talking about the NFL Draft, but the NBA Draft is a completely different animal. The average impact of players drops off very quickly.

Look at the history of players picked 10-15. Then look at the history of players picked 25-30. Obviously there are busts in the 10-15 range and hits in the 25-30 range, but in general the difference is drastic.
I understand your point but my philosophy is to have a very selective board and simply stay true to that.

I would never be happy with not staying true to my board, but if I liked a prospect as a fan, I wouldn't care where we took him. That's just me. Because it shows that the organization feels that player can help them. I don't buy terms like "value" as much as I used to. Just a personal shift in philosophy.

As for Larkin's size... it's the issue. I've been saying it all along lol. I still maintain he goes top 15 regardless.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a weak draft and PGs always get overdrafted. Getting picked in the top 15 wouldn't hide the fact that his size and stats put him in the same league as Collison, Augustin, Brooks, Nate the Great, and Farmar.

The next Nate the Great will be waiting though...

Soon..
Old 06-03-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That kid is gonna be good. Good backup PG at minimum.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I too have a Nate crush.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Anthony Bennetts defense. Is it an attitude problem or a instincts/ability problem.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saric pulled his name out of the draft. Might have been the first international player taken.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has until the 17th to make up his mind, I think? His agent may just be trying to bait a promise.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
He has until the 17th to make up his mind, I think? His agent may just be trying to bait a promise.
That is possible. I hope hey enters. He's a quality prospect in a weak draft. He said he wants to play next year in Croatia regardless, but I think teams who are want to save a bit of money this year would be happy to stash him for a year or two.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Giannis Adetokoubo guy really interests me. I would love to see the Kings buy into the mid-1st to pick him and stash him.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Javale McGee makes some dumb ass plays, but he's got a ridiculous amount of talent. If you think you're getting 2.0, you happily jump all over it.

Exactly. I don't know why nobody would want that. He's obviously not a Dwight Howard type of guy but his blocking, defense, height, and athleticism are all exceptional and if you have a good PG who can get him some easy shots or alley oops by the rim he's great. I can't wait to see what he does with an expanded role, I would kill to have him on the Mavs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Bulls, I hope they select Tony Mitchell, Gorgui Dieng, or Tim Hardaway Jr.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Hardaway Jr will amount to nothing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want Michael Carter-Williams on the Mavs something serious. CP3 was never a realistic option anyway and I'd rather just try to secure a guy who I think has a ton of potential and make it work from there. He's my favorite pick for that spot as it stands.

Quote:
Old 06-18-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I really want Michael Carter-Williams on the Mavs something serious. CP3 was never a realistic option anyway and I'd rather just try to secure a guy who I think has a ton of potential and make it work from there. He's my favorite pick for that spot as it stands.
Think Cuban would try to sign Monta Ellis? MCW and Ellis would compliment each other, imo.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
For the Bulls, I hope they select Tony Mitchell, Gorgui Dieng, or Tim Hardaway Jr.
I doubt they do it and it's not something I'd expect to pay off next season, but I'd like to see the Bulls roll the dice on Ricky Ledo. Think he'd fit very nicely next to Rose if he pans out, take some pressure off of him, and I'm a fan of gambling on draft day when it comes to the NBA.

That said the Bulls have done nicely in the late first without making those kinds of selections (though Teague wasn't great last year), so I'll probably be okay with whatever they do.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I doubt they do it and it's not something I'd expect to pay off next season, but I'd like to see the Bulls roll the dice on Ricky Ledo. Think he'd fit very nicely next to Rose if he pans out, take some pressure off of him, and I'm a fan of gambling on draft day when it comes to the NBA.

That said the Bulls have done nicely in the late first without making those kinds of selections (though Teague wasn't great last year), so I'll probably be okay with whatever they do.
Teague was more of a gambling selection unlike the other successful 4 year college players they have drafted.

I think back up center is the biggest need for the Bulls right now, so I really hope they grab a guy who can protect the paint.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling that I'm going to be amazed at how far Ben McLemore drops. He's more deserving of the number one pick than the fifth or so.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, it looks like Boston is going to draft either Dennis Schroeder or Shabazz Muhammad, although I wouldn't mind Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jamaal Franklin, or Tony Mitchell either.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I have a feeling that I'm going to be amazed at how far Ben McLemore drops. He's more deserving of the number one pick than the fifth or so.
He doesn't scare you? I'm not sure what to make of him, but I don't like his disappearing acts. ...and they say he can't dribble for beans.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
At this point, it looks like Boston is going to draft either Dennis Schroeder or Shabazz Muhammad, although I wouldn't mind Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jamaal Franklin, or Tony Mitchell either.

I'd be very happy with either Schroeder or Muhammad, but I feel like they won't fall that far.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Think Cuban would try to sign Monta Ellis? MCW and Ellis would compliment each other, imo.
I think realistically we'll be looking at Monta and Iggy, not sure if we pull the trigger on either guy due to wanting to keep some cap for next summer and Monta doesn't seem like he'd mesh with Carlisle for some reason. I get the feeling we'll be stuck in mediocrity until Dirk retires.

Quote:
Old 06-18-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody compliments Monta well. He is pretty bad.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think realistically we'll be looking at Monta and Iggy, not sure if we pull the trigger on either guy due to wanting to keep some cap for next summer and Monta doesn't seem like he'd mesh with Carlisle for some reason. I get the feeling we'll be stuck in mediocrity until Dirk retires.
I really want to see you guys draft Schroder. Would be hilarious to see him and Dirk calling plays out in German.