Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-01-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Scout is confirming that Wannah Bail has given a verbal to transfer to UCLA. Yes, you read that correctly, a guy who left Texas Tech after one semester is legitimately named Wannah Bail.
Wannah Bail is just about as good of a name as Haha Clinton-Dix.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Wannah Bail is just about as good of a name as Haha Clinton-Dix.
It loses points since Haha is a nickname.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I heard Haha on the broadcast I immediately had to go look up if I had heard correctly. I just do not understand. I didn't know Haha was a nickname though. Maybe its a Southern thing...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
We'll see if Enfield can actually coach a half court offense at USC. Florida dominated in the tournament when they figured out that they couldn't beat FGCU running up and down the floor.
Well yeah, I think he has some potential, but that doesn't mean it will come to fruition. There's plenty of risk bringing in a guy who has no proven track record outside of one year and runs an unorthodox style. But I think it could be worth the risk for USC where basketball expectations are relatively low. I'm certainly hoping he was a one year wonder though.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well yeah, I think he has some potential, but that doesn't mean it will come to fruition. There's plenty of risk bringing in a guy who has no proven track record outside of one year and runs an unorthodox style. But I think it could be worth the risk for USC where basketball expectations are relatively low. I'm certainly hoping he was a one year wonder though.
He'll definitely bring in the four and five star recruits. I'll tell you now that he'll beat out Alford in recruiting.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else headed to the Mary Kline Classic in Philly tomorrow?
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I typically just go for the classic U$C. Straight and to the point.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the Wannah Bail name as much you. It's just too good not to make a joke about it. After all, we are 818 brothers (I'm not in SFV though).

But of course its easy for me to be in a good mood about it when we got you guys in football AND basketball :D

I do think Enfield brings some potential with him. I don't like that. Please keep Lane Violation for as long as possible though. He's almost as good as Hackett.
I'm not either, well not at the moment at least (I've been living in florida the past 3 years). I'll be back though this summer.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
Anyone else headed to the Mary Kline Classic in Philly tomorrow?
Not this year but I've kicked around going the last couple years, would be curious to hear how it is.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:50 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Not this year but I've kicked around going the last couple years, would be curious to hear how it is.
I'm really excited. I'll let you know how it is.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

Oh my god, Justin Jennifer, a 2015 recruit from Maryland is NASTY. He made everyone look like fools during the Mary Kline Classic. Easily the best player there.

With that said, shoutout to incoming PSU freshman Geno Thorpe:
https://www.facebook.com/nittanynati...16629618357006
Old 06-04-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

@TheRecruitScoop
Miami (OH) transfer Allen Roberts has landed at Penn State, per a source.

http://www.muredhawks.com/ViewArticl...CLID=205458190
Old 06-04-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kuran Iverson says that Memphis' recruiting class is better than Kentucky's. We'll see about that. With that said, I really like his game as well as Dominic Woodson's. I can't believe that Baylor asked him to redshirt.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kuran Iverson says that Memphis' recruiting class is better than Kentucky's. We'll see about that. With that said, I really like his game as well as Dominic Woodson's. I can't believe that Baylor asked him to redshirt.
Kuran Iverson is wrong.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Kuran Iverson is wrong.
On raw talent alone, Kuran Iverson is a top 5 player in the class of 2013. Dominic Woodson should be ranked in the top 50. I think there's a good chance that Memphis' class accomplishes more the Kentucky's class.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Default Projecting Your College Team - UNLV Runnin' Rebels

As most of you know, UNLV competes in the Mountain West Conference. Last year was the best year in conference history as a record five teams made the NCAA Tournament. Yet, only two teams won a game (Colorado State and San Diego State), and no teams made the Sweet Sixteen.

UNLV was a preseason sleeper pick for the Final Four by some analysts due to the overall talent level on the roster. An article appeared on ESPN saying that UNLV would have the best frontcourt in college basketball with Mike Moser, Anthony Bennett, and Khem Birch. If that wasn't enough, Quintrell Thomas and Carlos Lopez-Sosa could start on a lot of teams. Their backcourt was pretty formidable with Anthony Marshall, Katin Reinhardt, Bryce Dejean-Jones, and Justin Hawkins. As you all know, things didn't work out last year, and UNLV lost in the first round of the tournament to California. The talent never gelled, and there were big chemistry problems on the team.

Enough of last year. Lets get to this year. The Rebels lose three seniors in Justin Hawkins, Anthony Marshall, and Quintrell Thomas. They lose freshmen Anthony Bennett to the NBA Draft and Katin Reinhardt to a transfer to USC. Mike Moser, a junior, transferred to Oregon to increase his chances of playing in the NBA. The Rebels bring in Dantley Walker, a 2011 signee from Panaca, Nevada who is returning from a two year mission. He played weak competition, but he had a historic high school career in the state of Nevada. They also bring in Christian Wood and Kendall Smith, two ESPN 100 recruits in the class of 2013. Wood is a big with excellent range and length. He has to get stronger. Smith is a good scorer and passer. He needs to better shot. Roscoe Smith becomes eligible after transferring from UCONN. He'll bring defense and leadership, something the Rebels lacked at the four spot last season between Bennett and Moser. Transfers Jelan Kendrick and DeVille Smith will likely be in the starting lineup. I think Smith is under the radar since he played JUCO last year. Kendrick appears to have gotten his head on straight which should give the competition problems.

Key returnees are Khem Birch, Bryce Dejean-Jones, Savon Goodman, and Carlos Lopez-Sosa. Birch was the Defensive Player of the Year in the Mountain West last season. He changes the way offenses operate as well as how the Rebels defense operates. Dejean-Jones is a scorer who took less bad shots as the season went along. I think his efficiency is going to go through the roof next year. He's also a very good defender. He's also moving to the shooting guard position with the transfer of Katin Reinhardt. Goodman was hardly used last year, but he'll have a much bigger role this year. His energy level is contagious. He also brings much needed toughness to the floor. Lopez-Sosa is a good big to have off the bench. His has good post moves, and he's an excellent passer out of the post.

Projected Starting Lineup:
PG - DeVille Smith - JR
SG - Bryce Dejean-Jones - JR
SF - Jelan Kendrick - JR
PF - Roscoe Smith - JR
C - Khem Birch - JR

Bench:
SF - Savon Goodman - SO
PF/C - Carlos-Lopez-Sosa - SR
PG/SG - Kendall Smith - FR
PF - Christian Wood - FR
C - Demetris Morant - FR
PG - Daquan Cook - SO
PG/SG - Dantley Walker - FR

The 2013-14 Rebel team is one built to play uptempo basketball. They will push the ball off missed baskets. They will also utilize a full court press after made baskets, free throws, and dead balls.

Projected Finish: 25-6, 1st in the Mountain West, and a 3-5 seed in the NCAA Tournament. UNLV has cleaned house this offseason. Dave Rice's mantra is "believe or leave." He didn't guarantee Mike Moser or Katin Reinhardt anything except for the opportunity to compete for minutes, and they left as a result. I believe that this year's team will actually play as a team and for one another. Last year's team didn't do that. I believe that Dave Rice finally shows what he can do as a head coach now that he can run exactly what he wants to. I think the Rebels will win at least one game in the NCAA Tournament, possibly two.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

Quote:
On raw talent alone, Kuran Iverson is a top 5 player in the class of 2013. Dominic Woodson should be ranked in the top 50. I think there's a good chance that Memphis' class accomplishes more the Kentucky's class.
How much can Kentucky's class accomplish in 1 year?
Old 06-06-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
How much can Kentucky's class accomplish in 1 year?
Not much. Definitely not a national championship.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Rio Adams now says he's not headed to UNLV. He says he's likely headed to junior college.

Last edited by ph90702 : 06-09-2013 at 09:31 AM.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...aft-no-13-unlv
Old 06-10-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Kevin Olekaibe is transferring to UNLV. Hometown kid. I wish the previous administration recruited more local kids, Pierre Jackson in particular.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...145042576.html

If Kevin Olekaibe doesn't get a hardship waiver, then nobody deserves one.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...145042576.html

If Kevin Olekaibe doesn't get a hardship waiver, then nobody deserves one.
Fresno State needs to relinquish that. That's a troll move.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

2014 G, Shep Garner committed to Penn State. He hold offers from Maryland, Florida, Arizona, Memphis, Texas, and Temple. That finishes PSU's 2014 class (the other scholarship slot was filled a while ago by Isaiah Washington).

2015 PF Mike Watkins committed to Penn State a few days ago also. He looks to have a lot of potential and a lot of PSUers are afraid that he'll get a bigger offer and decide to go somewhere else, ala Brandon Austin.

Either way, both of from Philly. Chambers is really starting to tap into the Philly area. He has 3 guys on the 2013-2014 roster from Philly (John Johnson, DJ Newbill, and Julian Moore), although DJ and John both transferred in from other schools.

It will be interesting to watch to see if Chambers further success with his Philly connections (something never done in the past 16 years) and if that leads to PSU rising in basketball.

Also, Terry Larrier is visiting PSU Tuesday.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...Larrier-142700

Last edited by StickSkills : 06-15-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

JaQuan Lyle is headed to Louisville. I think they have enough point guards on their roster.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Anthony Bennett!!! UNLV!!!
Old 06-29-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isaiah Whitehead down to Syracuse and Minnesota, and is apparently favoring Minnesota. Also looks real good with JaQuan Newton.

Pair those two with Rashad Vaughn or Reid Travis and I will crap myself with delight.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 06-29-2013 at 10:34 AM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote