Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-06-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
It is pretty short, but I really enjoy the **** out of that movie. It's probably the movie I watch most often on my faptop while I'm doing any traveling.
niiiccee, lol
Old 06-06-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched Mud last night and loved it. Was a pretty big fan of Take Shelter so I was really looking forward to Mud. It is so tough to get good child actors but the two kids, especially the lead, were amazing. Matthew Mcconaughey proves once again that he is really talented. My favorite part of the film was the cinematography. It was beautifully shot.

I suppose another thing about the film I loved was Michael Shannon. He kills it once again. Looking forward to kneeling before Zod.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Watched Mud last night and loved it. Was a pretty big fan of Take Shelter so I was really looking forward to Mud. It is so tough to get good child actors but the two kids, especially the lead, were amazing. Matthew Mcconaughey proves once again that he is really talented. My favorite part of the film was the cinematography. It was beautifully shot.

I suppose another thing about the film I loved was Michael Shannon. He kills it once again. Looking forward to kneeling before Zod.
Before Mud and The Iceman I didn't really like Michael Shannon all that much. He was great in those two movies though.

The best part about McConaughey's performance, HE BASICALLY HAD HIS SHIRT ON THE WHOLE TIME. He was great though.

I've seen movies for 6 consecutive days. Current 6 day ranking:

Mud
Kon-Tiki
The Iceman

<break>

What Maisie Knew
Oblivion
Frances Ha

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Before Mud and The Iceman I didn't really like Michael Shannon all that much. He was great in those two movies though.

The best part about McConaughey's performance, HE BASICALLY HAD HIS SHIRT ON THE WHOLE TIME. He was great though.

I've seen movies for 6 consecutive days. Current 6 day ranking:

Mud
Kon-Tiki
The Iceman

<break>

What Maisie Knew
Oblivion
Frances Ha
Well his short had a whole backstory. He then got pissed at his shirt and took it off. I did like how grimed up they had him looking with his ****** teeth and dirt stains.

Mike Shannon first caught my attention in Revolutionary Road. I loved that movie more than most it seems and he was the best part about it imo.

Kon-Tiki I definitely want to see. Must be amazing considering the directors were handed the reigns of the next Pirates movie.

The Iceman is a movie I have been pumped about for a while. Can't wait to see it.

I will probably watch Stoker tonight. I have heard next to nothing about it which is weird considering it was directed by Chan Wook Park. A friend won't stop raving about it so I am excited. I have been a huge Matthew Goode fan for a while now and going off the trailers it looks like he kills it.

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo : 06-06-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well his short had a whole backstory. He then got pissed at his shirt and took it off. I did like how grimed up they had him looking with his ****** teeth and dirt stains.

Mike Shannon first caught my attention in Revolutionary Road. I loved that movie more than most it seems and he was the best part about it imo.

Kon-Tiki I definitely want to see. Must be amazing considering the directors were handed the reigns of the next Pirates movie.

The Iceman is a movie I have been pumped about for a while. Can't wait to see it.

I will probably watch Stoker tonight. I have heard next to nothing about it which is weird considering it was directed by Park Chan Wook. A friend won't stop raving about it so I am excited. I have been a huge Matthew Goode fan for a while now and going off the trailers it looks like he kills it.

I love Kon-Tiki. It probably would have astounded me more if I hadn't seen Life of Pi. They have some similar beautiful shots and Ang Lee shot them a touch better.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I love Kon-Tiki. It probably would have astounded me more if I hadn't seen Life of Pi. They have some similar beautiful shots and Ang Lee shot them a touch better.
I ******* loved Life of Pi. I didn't think I would but it really blew my away. There were a bunch of great films last year and Life of Pi was in my top 5.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know much about The East or seen Sound of my Voice?

From what I hear, both are pretty clever thrillers from Batmanglij and Marling and I'm intrigued with The East coming out soon.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Everything but the last 30 minutes is some of the best horror the last 2 decades.
I thought the same thing about the last thirty minutes on the first viewing, but there are some definite scary parts in there (esp. with the "woman")
Old 06-06-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Anyone know much about The East or seen Sound of my Voice?

From what I hear, both are pretty clever thrillers from Batmanglij and Marling and I'm intrigued with The East coming out soon.
Oddly enough a friend of a friend is crashing at Batmanglij's place in LA right now. I was a big fan of Sound of my Voice. Did not blow me away or anything but it was really clever. Very well shot and acted as well. I highly recommend it. Very much looking forward to The East.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The East just doesn't excite me at all.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
The East just doesn't excite me at all.
The Sound of my Voice didn't really excite me either before watching it. I have faith that The East will be really ******* good.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen some interviews with people on it and everything I've seen just bores the crap out of me or annoys me. I'll put it on my list but I doubt I ever actually see it unless tv stops coming out with good new shows so I can actually do some damage to that list.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 06-06-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh sorry, I saw that you said boring and thought you were talking about your sig again.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
I've seen some interviews with people on it and everything I've seen just bores the crap out of me or annoys me. I'll put it on my list but I doubt I ever actually see it unless tv stops coming out with good new shows so I can actually do some damage to that list.
Meh. I go to see movies based on lots of buzz and/or a great director. It is why I saw Mud last night. I have no doubt there is stuff going on in The East that has yet to be talked about just so the movie isn't spoiled.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In completely random news, I was at the World War Z premiere. Brad Pitt needs a haircut. And by I was at, I simply mean I was in Leicester Square where it was being held, so I haven't yet seen the actual film. But so far its at 80% on RT (admittedly a small sample size), which makes me both want to see it and hate it that much more.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Meh. I go to see movies based on lots of buzz and/or a great director. It is why I saw Mud last night. I have no doubt there is stuff going on in The East that has yet to be talked about just so the movie isn't spoiled.
That's what'll get it on the list, but I've gotten really bad on keeping up on my film watching so if a movie doesn't also really excite me, some of them stay on the list for quite a while.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-06-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
That's what'll get it on the list, but I've gotten really bad on keeping up on my film watching so if a movie doesn't also really excite me, some of them stay on the list for quite a while.
I have a habit of doing the same thing. It is just so overwhelming having a bunch of movies to watch and I tend to just go with a TV show as I find TV easier to consume. That said I have watched a ton of movies in the past few weeks that I have been meaning to get to (and a few like Prince of the City and Year of the Dragon that I watched on a whim and blew me away) and I am so happy I did. I might not actually see The East in theatres but unless it gets **** reviews I will be seeing it at some point in the near future.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Good for you man. I'm hoping that I can knock some movies off my list when I visit my friend at her internship and spend time with this girl in buffalo.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-06-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Good for you man. I'm hoping that I can knock some movies off my list when I visit my friend at her internship and spend time with this girl in buffalo.
Do it all ************!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Right on brotherman.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-07-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Shannon was pretty damn great in My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done? too. Plus that movie features Willem Dafoe, so it's a must watch.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goddammit, why do these guys still exist?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Shannon is amazing in Take Shelter. So great.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need a movie to watch for tonight...got any suggestions? Probably just gonna watch one on Netflix. Might DL one if I'm up for it.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I need a movie to watch for tonight...got any suggestions? Probably just gonna watch one on Netflix. Might DL one if I'm up for it.
Going to re-suggest this;

Belgian, but oh so good. TACKLE can back me up on this one.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote