Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-04-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are advantages of the Note 2 over the S4? My contract expires soon, and I'm getting one of the two. Most of the comparison articles have the S4 well ahead of the Note 2.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The s4 is a wannabe iPhone. They even tried copying the design of the iPhone.

I actually liked the look of the s3 more than the s4. The s4 obviously has better specs, but from a looks perspective it's weak.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The s4 is a wannabe iPhone. They even tried copying the design of the iPhone.

I actually liked the look of the s3 more than the s4. The s4 obviously has better specs, but from a looks perspective it's weak.
Idk look similar from 3 to 4.

http://9to5google.files.wordpress.co...g?w=1605&h=900
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13703681376356
Old 06-04-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like how they copied the iPhone's sides. They should have kept the tear drop look.

I also like the curved look of the s3 more than the boxier look of the s4

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 06-04-2013 at 01:07 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I did this yesterday. Unsure if I actually like it.
Google seems pretty intent on breaking gmail, so I don't trust updates.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Google seems pretty intent on breaking gmail, so I don't trust updates.
It's not broken. It's to match the new android ecosystem.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care for the new Gmail but I will probably get used to it. I do wish they gave the option to stick with the old view.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I don't care for the new Gmail but I will probably get used to it. I do wish they gave the option to stick with the old view.
For those that updated Gmail.

Quote:
The new Gmail has undergone a huge refresh. The Web version now has a tabbed inbox to support categories and the mobile apps have an updated interface as well. If you've updated to the new Android app, you may have noticed that there's no longer a trash button in the toolbar when viewing a message. The new toolbar only has buttons for archive, mark, and move. If you flip the screen orientation to landscape, you'll also see an additional button for labels.

If you prefer to delete certain messages, rather than archiving everything, you can still use the trash button to quickly delete messages without having to go to the menu first. You just need to enable it in settings. Here's how:

Go to Settings > General settings, then tap on Archive & delete actions. You'll see a pop-up with three options: Show archive only, Show delete only, and Show archive & delete. Tap on one of the actions that include "delete" to enable the trash button.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you Bert. The loss of Delete was really upsetting.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-07-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My phone fell out of my pocket, and I ran it over with my car. Anyway to replace a galaxy s3 screen for under 200, without having to do it yourself?
Old 06-07-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can also get rid of the Sender Images by going to Menu -> Settings -> General Settings -> Sender image.

I get what they were trying to do with that, but I don't want my inbox filled up with giant colored letters.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the new Gmail, initially I.didn't, but after using it is not bad.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I hear it looks like a windows phone.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
now that bbd's not here to troll this thread, i might as well offer laughter at the 'new, innovative' apple offerings in the next iOS and OSX.
They were necessary updates. They obviously are playing catchup. So I agree with the sentiment.

It will be a great OS, and more importantly, ecosystem. There will be no excuses next go around if iOS isn't trailblazing.

The greatest issue with Android is that there are too many god damn os versions to support. I pretty much ignore gingerbread even though 37% of google play users are still on that ancient OS.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
My phone fell out of my pocket, and I ran it over with my car. Anyway to replace a galaxy s3 screen for under 200, without having to do it yourself?
replacement plan? Or just upgrade to the s4 ;)
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy **** wwdc is autism fest.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i assume you're there... is anyone even a little bit excited about the itunes radio idiocy that's now like, 14 years too late and almost completely irrelevant?
Absolutely no one that I've met. What's sad is they will make money on it.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
replacement plan? Or just upgrade to the s4 ;)
yep i had a replacement plan. so im rocking the s3 again for wayyyy less than a new s4. im content
Old 06-14-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

to the people who use fox fi for tethering...I'm having an issue tethering wireless. It will work for about 20 minutes and then it will just drop. i paid to unlock the full version and it still doesn't seem to work right. Any suggestions? I've restarted the phone and the computer and it hasn't done anything.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wanted to share my latest setup.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Just wanted to share my latest setup.

Cool. How'd you set that up?
Old 06-21-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Used Wallpaper Wizardii to set the wallpaper. Nova Prime Launcher with tiny white icons and the minimalistic text widget for time and date.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Last verizon update for my galaxy 3, it drained the battery quicker and made me lose 4 and 3 g. Now they patch or fix it and it has turned my phone into a slug. I hate you verizon. Couldn't you leave it alone it was perfect, never hitting accept again for updates.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Last verizon update for my galaxy 3, it drained the battery quicker and made me lose 4 and 3 g. Now they patch or fix it and it has turned my phone into a slug. I hate you verizon. Couldn't you leave it alone it was perfect, never hitting accept again for updates.
That sucks dude. That is one of the reasons I wanted a phone straight from Google. Is there no way to roll back?

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-10-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

OMG! iOS7! Can't wait!!!!

You guys are so lame!

#iPhoneIn2013