Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
And when you only have 2 QBs, your backup needs to be able to run your offense. You don't want to be switching to a Tebow friendly offense mid-game.
That really hurt the Broncos didn't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
96? How many teams still carry 3 QBs? I think most teams have figured out that the roster spot is better used elsewhere, especially since the emergency QB rule was changed.

And when you only have 2 QBs, your backup needs to be able to run your offense. You don't want to be switching to a Tebow friendly offense mid-game.
Which would actually give Tebow a lot more value if he would agree to play TE, FB, or H-Back for a team. He'd have value as a 3rd String QB while contributing elsewhere (if capable).
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys missed my point. I was just saying that if it was random Joe Jerkoff at QB, not Tim Christ and rational people are evaluating the actual QB play ON THE FIELD, then there wouldn't be one person that could reasonably look at him and advocate him as anything other than awful at the position.

He had a great college career. That was neato. He can join 8 billion other college qbs who dominated the college level but had no business in the NFL.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I think you guys missed my point. I was just saying that if it was random Joe Jerkoff at QB, not Tim Christ and rational people are evaluating the actual QB play ON THE FIELD, then there wouldn't be one person that could reasonably look at him and advocate him as anything other than awful at the position.

He had a great college career. That was neato. He can join 8 billion other college qbs who dominated the college level but had no business in the NFL.
That first part just isn't true. If Joe Jerkoff took a team that was an embarrassment for two years to a 7-4 record and a playoff win over one of the top defenses (in which he threw for over 300 yards) he would get another chance to start.

I'm not even a Tebow-fanatic. But I can't ignore that the Denver Broncos were floundering for the last 30 games. Tebow comes in and the team flips a switch. I'll admit he looks downright ugly at points but as a fan of the Jaguars, I'd take Tim's ugly play over Blaine Gabbert's ****** play that happens to look like traditional quarterbacking. At least one of them has a chance of leading a team to the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I have read in a few different posts where you insinuate that the Jets somehow screwed him and his career over. Would you please elaborate on what you mean by this?
it's possible that by watching mark sanchez play tebow's skills deteriorated.

robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
At least one of them has a chance of leading a team to the playoffs.
So you'd be expecting almost every team the Jags played to either play prevent like morons or suffer multiple crippling injuries on offense? And on top of all that, the AFC South turn into the worst division in football like the West was in 2011?

SilentJaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to admit I loved watching Tebow during his playoff run. Obviously he needs work, he was always going to be a project, but if guys like Jason Campbell, David Carr, Patrick Ramsey, (insert other 1st round bust here) can still be in this league despite being horrible, there is no reason Tebow shouldn't get a chance at least as a backup. I don't think anyone is going to say that he's a good passer, but it's like people don't believe he can develop that part of his game. People seem to forget he was only in his second year (and 2nd offense) and still won. How many times have we seen other players get chance after chance despite being less of a playmaker than Tebow?

I don't think I've ever seen a player get crapped on so quickly in their career despite winning and showing more of an 'IT Factor' than a lot of guys have. And with the pistol and read option becoming more of a factor you would think a team would be willing to commit to him. I mean seriously, a team starts Mcelroy over him? Tebow could throw for 185 yards and get blasted but I haven't seen the same criticism for Greg, why is that? Was he really the guy who gave the Jets the best chance to win? If winning is what a team is truly after you'd think they'd start the guy who's actually won on this level?

Why is it that so many players that have done so poorly get so many opportunities but this kid never gets a fair shot? Seems like there is some weird bias against him for whatever reason, I just don't get it.

Last edited by Guru : 06-09-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All that has already been covered.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's because Tebow is a believer of god and is Christian so that rubs people the one wrong and showing it in public and on the field. People don't like it. I dunno but people just don't .
Old 06-09-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
It's because Tebow is a believer of god and is Christian so that rubs people the one wrong and showing it in public and on the field. People don't like it. I dunno but people just don't .
76% of Americans identify themselves as Christian
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebow will get another chance again in the near future. If this new hybrid pistol/read option becomes a long term viable offense in the NFL, teams are going to look for QBs who can run it.

Tebow right now with his sub 50% completion percentage would be successful in this offense, especially if he had a solid TE catching the ball and a competent running game behind him.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
76% of Americans identify themselves as Christian
Saying one is a christian and being one are two vastly different things. It's almost like it's a popular thing to say, so people say it, but it's like it's taboo to live it, especially for a guy in the lime light. I hear a lot of criticism for Tebow being such a devout christian and talking about his faith, so if so many people are one then why are so many against him talking about it? if they are one then they know part of being a christian is about spreading the word, so why is it so taboo? He doesn't force people to be a christian and everyone has a mute button so why so much criticism? If I don't like something I turn it off, not watch it only to complain about it later. (Probably not good to talk about this here).
Old 06-10-2013, 03:13 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Yeah. Those poor persecuted Christians.

Without that gimmick, Timmy would have maybe six fans nationwide.

It's because he's a terrible QB, guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Tebow will get another chance again in the near future. If this new hybrid pistol/read option becomes a long term viable offense in the NFL, teams are going to look for QBs who can run it.

Tebow right now with his sub 50% completion percentage would be successful in this offense, especially if he had a solid TE catching the ball and a competent running game behind him.
The only successful read-option QBs in the NFL are fairly accurate passers. Tebow is not.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:25 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah. Those poor persecuted Christians.

Without that gimmick, Timmy would have maybe six fans nationwide.

It's because he's a terrible QB, guy.

The only successful read-option QBs in the NFL are fairly accurate passers. Tebow is not.
The pistol/read option gives a QB on many passing plays very clean reads. It depends how you run it. Tebow wouldn't have to throw 25+ yards downfield on every throw. Many of the routes could be shorter underneath stuff, 5-15 yards to keep the chains moving.

If teams have to defend against the threat of Tebow scrambling, it's going to make his throws less challenging. RG3 had the ability to throw deep and be accurate against safety and corner bracket coverage, but there were several open routes underneath on every pass play that Griffin simply chose not to throw unless it was a bailout pass/hot read.

Tebow will never be a Brady or Brees level passer, but I think he can make enough throws in a read option to move the offense down the field.

Also rumors are back at the lab in Redskins Park that Kyle Shanahan is going to add a 2nd RB/WR in the backfield with RG3 and run a version of the triple option, to prevent defenses from keying on both him and Alfred Morris.

There are just so many ways to tweak this offense and have it still be effective for a QB with Tebow's skillset.

It really all depends how successful guys like CK/Russell Wilson/RG3 are in the upcoming season running the pro version of the read option.

There's gonna be a team that sucks this upcoming season and some franchise is going to at least consider running the pistol with a QB like Tebow.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:03 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when the Broncos drafted him in the first round? Good times.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly have no problem with Tebow's faith. I admire him for being the way he is, he's a strong kind hearted man. He doesn't force it on anyone, he just believes what he believes and he's not afraid or embarrassed to talk about it.

But he's having a hard time finding a job right now for 2 reasons:

1. He can't throw the football.
2. He refuses to change positions.

Tebow would have a job right now if he just accepted changing positions.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I honestly have no problem with Tebow's faith. I admire him for being the way he is, he's a strong kind hearted man. He doesn't force it on anyone, he just believes what he believes and he's not afraid or embarrassed to talk about it.

But he's having a hard time finding a job right now for 2 reasons:

1. He can't throw the football.
2. He refuses to change positions.

Tebow would have a job right now if he just accepted changing positions.
I actually think Tebow will almost be forced to sit this year out before a team takes a chance on him. And I think it will likely be at a different position.

My feelings are that not too many teams want the distraction that the Tebow circus brings, let alone bringing him in 6 weeks before camp and trying to get him to learn the nuances of a new position.

He may be an in-season pick up, but right now he's not worth the hassle until the dust settles down.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm sorry but doing an anti-abortion Super Bowl ad is definitely forcing his beliefs on other people.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He's so selfish he won't go play another position. What a douche.
he has the potential to be a solid h-back. the jets and other teams this off-season asked him to consider the switch. he refused.

"Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall."
Old 06-10-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's be honest, the Tebow media circus will never go anywhere, if a team doesn't want to bring that on now, they never will at any point, or any position. Of course QB is the more glamorous position, but seeing how invested ESPN was in him at Jets camp and news of him being a gunner on special teams was headline news, not sure why anyone thinks he could go somewhere and it not be a massive story to follow the position switch and how it works out.

I blame ESPN, they forced so much Tebow coverage down peoples throats they should be embarrased, even the broadcasters you were noticing taking deep sighs before they did another segment on Tebow where they asked another stupid question. Open on "how will Tebow fit", in 15 minutes followup with "can be be a good NFL player", bring in Mangini to ask him "what does Tebow need to improve on" and close out with the same group "how far away is Tebow from winning the job" while sprinking in quick tidbits on massive stories.

It killed me that they somehow thought it was a story that people were interested in. The day they showed us the movies they Jets were watching at Training Camp was my breaking point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's what ESPN is now. They're more of an entertainment network than a sports network (when they aren't broadcasting actual games). I hope NBCSN and the new Fox sports channel overtake ESPN. They need to undergo a reality check and a change.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

When I say 'a lot' I'm obviously not making it up. I read quite a bit actually and I see people on message boards say that they don't mind him being christian, they just don't want it shoved down their throat constantly. Which I think is a double standard as people will criticize Tebow for thanking his lord and savior but it's no thing for people to thank god or do an end zone celebration that's religious in nature. It's a polarizing dynamic.

Why do you attack people like this? I've read some of your posts and it's like you have an axe to grind. Do you try to make everyone out to be an idiot for your own enjoyment or to make yourself look better? No one else can have a view different than yours and if they do they don't read, or comprehend, or x insult or attack? If you disagree then fine but there's other ways of disagreeing than insulting me.

Quote:
lol.

no you don't. if you did, you'd post it, instead of playing the 'a lot' game.

it's almost like you haven't actually paid any attention whatsoever to anything approaching reality in sports. yes, people persecute athletes who talk about god, that's like, totally why ray lewis was universally reviled and basically untouchable as a player. that's why every single player who goes to one knee after scoring is basically cut the next day. and every player who, when interviewed, thanks god first. that's why everyone always screams at teams to cut all the players who join hands and bow heads at the end of the game. should i go on?

but it's cool, i don't expect you to actually pay attention or read anything, given your other post in this thread, in which you acted as though anything you were saying was new or revelatory and hadn't been discussed several times over in every single thread tebow's name has been mentioned in. please, feel free to do it again.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
... so some message board folks don't like it? no doubt that's representative of most of the US. and utterly non-indicative of anyone's view on any of the other cases i mentioned. i still like unsourced 'a lots' and 'manys' and 'somes'.
C'mon, man. "Some" is awesome. "Some" is how they make hilarious TV e.g. "Ancient Aliens."

"Scientists claim that the tides are caused by the gravitational pull of the moon. However, SOME PEOPLE say that it's really just the wake caused by waterskiing invisible lizard people." ...then we get half an hour of speedboats piloted by lizards tearing up the ocean.

Last edited by Monomach : 06-10-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
I'm sorry but doing an anti-abortion Super Bowl ad is definitely forcing his beliefs on other people.
Ummm....no. That is sharing your beliefs with someone. Granted, you can share in a manner that it becomes a detriment to your goal and you become a nuisance, but the commercial is not forcing you to do anything.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Really? Is that what you think? Are "Vote No on Prop 945" ads forcing beliefs on other people? How about "Marriage Equality" ads? What about "Sanctity of Marriage" ads?

It sounds like you choose to disagree with Tim Tebow's viewpoints so you portray it as "his beliefs" that are being forced on the viewer. But if you agreed with a viewpoint it would be "sharing the truth."

Is that about right?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote