Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-07-2013, 04:50 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha that would be awesome. I wish there was some sort of multiplayer component to the game but with time warp necessary it's sadly somewhat impossible to do.

I think that plugin is as close as it gets.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:01 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha that would be awesome. I wish there was some sort of multiplayer component to the game but with time warp necessary it's sadly somewhat impossible to do.

I think that plugin is as close as it gets.
Don't be so negative, we will find a way!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:08 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Don't be so negative, we will find a way!
Haha well you are the computer man so if anyone can figure it out it is you!
Old 06-07-2013, 05:11 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can consistently put my rocket in orbit, but I'm attempting to do it with less resources now.

As you can see, it takes me 5 gas tanks to get up there, and I think thats way too much.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:28 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

It can be done with three fuel tanks and a single engine.

This is the video I showed Cain of me recording a while back that I post pretty recently. You can mostly ignore my incoherent ramblings. It actually is pretty solid at showing you how to get into orbit with a minimal amount of things. This is was after about....50 fails when I played it in the demo haha.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:01 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha, also, you guys MUST get Spy Party. $15 for Open Beta and access to the full game when released. It's so intense and fun. I could only imagine how awesome it'd be with people you know.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:33 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
122km is too many kms. (props on even getting up the first time, didn't mean it that way)
My second attempt did not get up in the air if that makes you feel better. It was a horrific crash on the landing pad. It wouldn't release from the braces for whatever reason.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Buy Spy Party you jerks. DO IT NOW!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the **** is Spy Party?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Buy Spy Party you jerks. DO IT NOW!

Vidae it's a game where a spy is trying to do objectives while the sniper tries to root out the spy and kill him. Sniper only gets one bullet. The premise is fun but meh.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

It's a difficult game to describe. It's simple on one hand but extremely complex and skill based on the other. There is a much greater gap for people who are just starting out vs. people who have played before. Much more so than on any game I've played.

Essentially, one person is a spy, the other is a sniper. The sniper sees all the party members, with two or three known people (ambassador, 1-2 double agents). The spy has four objectives (on the standard map) to complete within a certain time limit. You have to put a bug on the ambassador, swap a statue, transfer microfilm from one bookcase to another, and contact the double agent. This is all my hard through a myriad of obstacles, but you have to do this without letting the sniper know who you are. As the sniper, you need to look for clues to discover who is the spy at the party.

It's so damn fun. You all need to get it. I think it'd be x100 more fun with people you know. Only $15! DO IT ALL RIGHT NOW!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

PICS! Do it!
Old 06-09-2013, 04:16 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Very nice, njx! Forgot to comment on that. Haha. I actually think doing something like that is a REALLY good way to master your gravity turns. 90% of that is just mastering the gravity turn.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:00 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Oh, also, for those interested in Spy Party I recorded this little video. I'm not sure if it's the most interesting game to watch per se but it's incredibly fun to play. Also check some other videos out on it. My isn't particularly of high quality or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sRQ2...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-10-2013, 01:39 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I DL'd the KSP demo and I have spent WAY too much time on it already. This thing is addicting.

I got one oversized rocket into orbit. Most everything else has been an utter failure, mostly because it took my way too long to figure out how to initialize the ASAS system.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Muahaha. Another KSP convert! I played the demo too for a while but I was glad I bought the full game. So much more parts and things to do.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:40 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Muahaha. Another KSP convert! I played the demo too for a while but I was glad I bought the full game. So much more parts and things to do.
I definitely plan to get the full game. I just have to wait for money, like maybe an upcoming promotion.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:21 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Holy crap. I just made a rocket to the Mun.

I need to work on my orbit maneuvering now though, because I completely messed up my Mun approach.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:10 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I hear ya. I got a solid deal on it a while back. If you do come into the money, grab it though! It's more than worth it's $22 price tag.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it's amazing how much fun the game is, given that it's extremely frustrating, and doesn't really have any 'true' point whatsoever. though the latest version seems to break every single ******* rocket i create in it. *grumble*
Hahaha, yeah. Sometimes the game is incredibly frustrating but that just makes when you succeed THAT much more enjoyable.

Hmm, I haven't had any issues with stuff being more prone to breaking though. Although I have only made one new rocket type since the new update.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

So can someone please explain these "Delta (or insert name here) maneuvers" a bit? I see there are 6 options, representative of the 6 vectors in three dimensional space. I adjust one of the vectors and it creates an adjusted flight plan, but when the orbiter gets to that point, the advanced systems don't make the adjustments.

Am I supposed to make the adjustments myself? Is there something I need to do to activate it? Is it something that's not included in the demo version?

Also, what speed do you generally want to be at after you break 10km? Your tips on throttle down under 10km really helped, and the 10 degree turns helped me break out of the atmosphere and I was able to go straight from no orbit to getting to the mun.

And why the heck do I have problems with my engines falling off on the landing pad sometimes? What's that all about?

Lastly, what types of new parts do you have in the full version? And are space planes really fun too?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

If I want to head out into space toward Duna, I would want my periapsis to be between Kerbal and the sun with my apoapsis to be on the far side, correct? That way I can utilize gravity and slingshot the orbiter outward to the rest of the solar system, right?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

What's the difference between SAS and ASAS?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is my Satillite in an almost perfectly circular orbit.

Now to get a Kerbal to orbit and back to the ground safely.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Here is my Satillite in an almost perfectly circular orbit.

Now to get a Kerbal to orbit and back to the ground safely.
Nice! :) I managed to get two pieces of a space-station up in orbit only to smash them into each other while attempting to dock. Docking is not the piece of cake I was expecting.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote