Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 06-04-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Dallas signed Dante Rosario. We are VERY committed to 4 TEs on the roster and I think Vickers is as close to a lock to being released as you can get. Dallas will let him get healthy before cutting him loose though.

Rosario has played all over the place. Merely TE in the NFL but he was a FB, H-back, TE, and WR for Oregon and has good hands paired with good blocking.

Another matchup nightmare. He moves well as he is both fast and smooth for a big guy.
I think one of these guys ends up as an Hback/FB and we release Vickers

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad we finally set it straight Callahan is calling plays. Although I'm sure JG realizes now working for Jerry is anything but a walk in the park, he's sucked long enough at it that it's time for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also moving to a slightly different scheme "The Erhardt-Perkins System" with Garrett's fingerprint also on it.

Quote:
As I understand, Erhardt/Perkins is more about terminology than actual plays. Much shorter terminology for play calling means quicker communication at the line, more time to assess the defense and adjust, or snap quickly to catch the defense unready, and much less last second snaps as the clock winds to 0 (especially with Frederick making the line calls)
First off. Thank freaking God. Keep in mind New England runs a VERY similar system in terms of terminology which allows them to run a ton of no-huddle or break the huddle and make adjustments within the first 3 seconds of being set.

EXCELLENT article talking about the terminology switch and how it impacts play.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/...perkins-system

Favorite quote. Instead of barking out "Scatter-Two Bunch-Right-Zip-Fire 2 Jet Texas Right-F Flat X-Q" instead you end up with one or two word designations for example "Tosser" would be two receivers on the left running a slant. "Ghost" would be two receivers on the right running a slant. Reducing entire plays to one or two word makes the entire offense easier to process on the fly and allows Tom Brady-esque no-huddle plays despite full play-call coming into the helmet.

Quote:
It's late in the first quarter. A play ends, and seconds later Tom Brady has his team back at the line. He gives a hand signal to his receiver, a tap to his offensive linemen. "Alabama! Alabama!" The ball is snapped. An outlet pass goes to Stevan Ridley, who rumbles to the Houston 40-yard line, another first down. Subs run in. Soon, the Patriots are back at the line. Except now, running back Shane Vereen is lined up out wide. The Texans are scrambling. Brady takes the snap and hits Vereen on a quick hitch. Vereen dips around linebacker Bradie James and then spins back inside, gaining 25 yards before he's done.

The next play is the same play, with the same personnel, with zero time for the defense to recover. The three receivers to Brady's left crisscross around defenders while Aaron Hernandez, who was lined up as a back to Brady's left, dashes to the flat. He makes the catch and takes it to Houston's 1-yard line. The same 11 Patriots sprint to the line, but Vereen is now in the backfield. The play is a run to the left, and he's into the end zone untouched. Touchdown, New England.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:47 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad day for Rob Callaway he was waived/injured and will require microfracture surgery on his knee. :/

We signed Eric Frampton again to take his spot. He should clear waivers and allow us to IR him to give him another shot next year.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Glad we finally set it straight Callahan is calling plays. Although I'm sure JG realizes now working for Jerry is anything but a walk in the park, he's sucked long enough at it that it's time for a change.
Garrett not wanting to acknowledge it stinks. Jerry is doing him a favor. Garrett has never shown the ability to carry the load as OC and HC. His pride is gonna be his downfall. Jerry doesn't do well with HC's who have a pride complex.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Garrett not wanting to acknowledge it stinks. Jerry is doing him a favor. Garrett has never shown the ability to carry the load as OC and HC. His pride is gonna be his downfall. Jerry doesn't do well with HC's who have a pride complex.
Yea, it felt like there was a power game going on with the playcalling decision this whole time. I wish Garrett would have just came out and said it when this thing was getting hot instead of dodging it all off-season. He handled it poorly, and I'm sure his ego had a lot to do with it, but it wasn't the professional way to go about it.

That being said I'm obviously pleased with the move. We're all familiar with JG's shortcomings as playcaller, and having a new voice overseeing the O should help resuscitate a unit that has gotten stale and frankly, underachieved the past couple seasons. Also, I'm more optimistic now about JG the HC than I was when he first got the job. I saw glimpses of the positive HC traits he possesses throughout the first few seasons but it rarely felt like he was THE guy. I actually felt there was a disconnect between the offense and defense, it felt more like a team being ran by 2 coordinators rather than 1 HC. But now it's time for him to to become that guy, we're going to learn a lot about Garrett the HC this season and I'm excited to see how it all plays out.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Garrett is a horrendous playcaller. His schemes though are effective. Perfect scenario for Dallas IMHO.

I actually like Garrett's demeanor and approach to the HC position he just had his hand in too many pots. Let him be a player manager and offensive gameplanner and let someone else call the plays.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Yea, it felt like there was a power game going on with the playcalling decision this whole time. I wish Garrett would have just came out and said it when this thing was getting hot instead of dodging it all off-season. He handled it poorly, and I'm sure his ego had a lot to do with it, but it wasn't the professional way to go about it.
I think this whole "JG's EGO" thing is pretty overblown. Even after his first year as HC, Garrett said he was open to bringing a different playcaller if he found someone he was comfortable with. He's said it time and time again...I think it was slightly forced on him, but not to the extent that there's some "power struggle" as people are making it out to be. It's been decided for months, so this whole thing that "JG has eben trying to fight against Jerry's decision" is ridiculous.
I think the main thing here is that they're changing quite a bit of the offense, from the playcalling, to the lingo, to more hurry up...and JG wanted to keep that as quiet as possible. I really think JG is really big on trying to play off of any advantage he can.

Sean Payton is doing the exact same thing in NO. It benefits nobody for that to be let out right now. Of course we have Jerry being Jerry opening his mouth at any opportunity.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I think this whole "JG's EGO" thing is pretty overblown. Even after his first year as HC, Garrett said he was open to bringing a different playcaller if he found someone he was comfortable with. He's said it time and time again...I think it was slightly forced on him, but not to the extent that there's some "power struggle" as people are making it out to be. It's been decided for months, so this whole thing that "JG has eben trying to fight against Jerry's decision" is ridiculous.
I think the main thing here is that they're changing quite a bit of the offense, from the playcalling, to the lingo, to more hurry up...and JG wanted to keep that as quiet as possible. I really think JG is really big on trying to play off of any advantage he can.

Sean Payton is doing the exact same thing in NO. It benefits nobody for that to be let out right now. Of course we have Jerry being Jerry opening his mouth at any opportunity.
If Dallas had done what New Orleans did it would STILL be in the media. Benefits of not being America's Team. Media is certainly stirring the pot and attempting to cast false light on the situation but that comes with the territory.

It's really funny that it gets highlighted that Stephen is taking more of a power role within the team and that Jerry is taking a backseat and yet whenever there is a potential news story it's back to the "meddling owner makes all the decisions in Dallas!!!".
Old 06-06-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Garrett is a horrendous playcaller. His schemes though are effective. Perfect scenario for Dallas IMHO.

I actually like Garrett's demeanor and approach to the HC position he just had his hand in too many pots. Let him be a player manager and offensive gameplanner and let someone else call the plays.
I agree with this. The team really seems to play hard for JG and they seem to really have a great deal of respect for him. I have always thought he had a little Landry in him. You don't have to yell and scream and act like an idiot on the sidelines to be effective. I think the players now will respond better to a guy like JG that addresses them as men and communicates well. The Parcells and Jimmy Johnson methods of intimidation really aren't as effective in today's NFL.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what's up guys long time since i've been on the forum

i finally had a day off today, and i just watched nfl top 100 this morning, i was happily surprised to see dez on the list #35, hoping he at #5 next year
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
what's up guys long time since i've been on the forum

i finally had a day off today, and i just watched nfl top 100 this morning, i was happily surprised to see dez on the list #35, hoping he at #5 next year
Yeah, Dez is THE guy to get in fantasy this year.

Coming around on our draft at all yet? OTAs have been giving good reports so far.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, Dez is THE guy to get in fantasy this year.

Coming around on our draft at all yet? OTAs have been giving good reports so far.
i never said i didn't like the players we selected aside from frederick in the 1st round, and i've said i like the guys we got (if you wanna go back and look at my previous post post shouldn't that hard to find since i havent posted in a while) my thing with the draft is we failed to secure our defensive line or offensive lines. frederick is a start at center but there's a big hole at right tackle and if we could have gotten a right tackle to compete for the starting gig from day 1, that would have been fantastic

and as for the defensive we have talent there but 3 of the 4 projected starters are already over 30, and spencer is 29. and are two best guys on the line ware and rat have both battled injuries the past 2 seasons. the key to the defense will be whether ratliff can rejuvenate his career and be the dominant player at the 3 tech collapsing the pocket which will allow ware blow around the edge and give the qb nowhere to go. i'm sure you remember the last giant at texas stadium back in '08, what chris canty did that night pushing the pocket made d-ware unstoppable.

but other than a healthy ratliff i don't believe any other dt on our roster can be dominant and wreck a game from the inside. we have some good players lissemore should be better better suited in the 1 gap scheme and hatcher has played well the past 2 seasons, but neither of those are great players, guys that you have to account for every play.

the last 2 season we went on the road and lost a defacto playoff game. bottom line in neither game did we ever win the battle at the line of scrimmage. even if we do make the playoffs this year, if were gonna go on the road and win a playoff game(s) we can't just rely on skilll players to win the game. every playoff/last game of the season loss has always gone pretty much the same way in '07 despite ours wr's running wide open all day we couldn't block the nyg pass rush and lost, in '08 how many sack fumbles did the eagles have against us, in '09 ray edwards made $50 million dollars off that game and kevin williams beat up on big leonard like a hillbilly on his wife. 2 years ago our inability to pressure the qb with just our front four exposed our secondary for 21 consecutive points against the giants and this past year our inablility to pick up blitzes on offenses, get off a block and tackle somebody on defense were major reason we always watching someone else hoist the lombardi trophy. for every big loss you can count on our inability to win games in the trenches as for the reason we can never get over the hump

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 06-07-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 Roster

QB RB WR TE

Romo Murry Bryant Witten
Orton Randle Austin Escobar
Dumbar Williams Hanna
Lawrence Harris
Beasly

OC OT OG Offensive Side
Frederick Smith Arkin 23
Parnell Costa
Free Kowalski
Leary
Livings

Safety CB MLB OLB
Allen Clariborne Lee Carter
Church Carr Holloman Duant
Johnson Scandisk Simms McGee
Wilcox Moore Albright
McCray BW Webb Reed

DE DT Defense 27
Wilbur Crawford
Ware Hatcher
Spencer Hargrove
Bass Lassimore
Ratliff

ST 3 Bailey, Jones, LP Doucer

The only Pet Cat I would like on the roster is Hamilton, Lawrence and Croale the WR....
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
QB RB WR TE

Romo Murry Bryant Witten
Orton Randle Austin Escobar
Dumbar Williams Hanna
Lawrence Harris
Beasly

OC OT OG Offensive Side
Frederick Smith Arkin 23
Parnell Costa
Free Kowalski
Leary
Livings

Safety CB MLB OLB
Allen Clariborne Lee Carter
Church Carr Holloman Duant
Johnson Scandisk Simms McGee
Wilcox Moore Albright
McCray BW Webb Reed

DE DT Defense 27
Wilbur Crawford
Ware Hatcher
Spencer Hargrove
Bass Lassimore
Ratliff

ST 3 Bailey, Jones, LP Doucer

The only Pet Cat I would like on the roster is Hamilton, Lawrence and Croale the WR....
i can't for life of me understand why everybody is picking nate livings over bernardeau
Old 06-10-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
We've got to stop re-signing everybody. Jesus. Look at all the young guys we probably want to lock up soon, and then we may as well forget about every being a player in free agency until Romo retires. I don't know why we are so afraid to just draft replacements, but this is why for the next 5-10 years we'll be up against the cap, restructuring deals every off-season.
Been a Jerrah problem for years. He always over commits to guys he likes.

Classic examples, Roy Williams and MBIII. Everyone knew the story but it did not matter. Once they got cash their weaknesses were further exposed on the field.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Surprised you didn't add Doug Free to your list of revisionist history resignings gone wrong.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Surprised you didn't add Doug Free to your list of revisionist history resignings gone wrong.
B/c he actually played well the season right b/f his contract was up and was considered an up and comer. Plus we had no one else.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLatJerrahJones View Post

Classic examples, Roy Williams and MBIII. Everyone knew the story but it did not matter. Once they got cash their weaknesses were further exposed on the field.
Resign: Yes or No

Anthony Spencer
Jason Hatcher
Sean Lee
Bruce Carter
DeMarco Murray
Dez Bryant
Old 06-11-2013, 02:15 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLatJerrahJones View Post

u shouldn't let fear of the past shape the decisions of the present, roy williams got fat (after kelly rowland left him) and got complacent as just being a big hitter and not to try improve his cover skills and tackling technique and it and it cost as his career progressed and his body brokedown

the mistake the cowboys made was not giving mb3 that money, the mistake was after he injured his quad against the nyg, instead of protecting their investment, they allowed him to rush back on the field 2 weeks later against denver and continue to be the primary rb for that game and the rest of the season, despite having a healthy and proven tashard choice sitting on the bench and the end result was........... a hole the size of quarter developed in his quad and he never had the same burst and never was the same player ever again

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 06-11-2013 at 02:25 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Here are my votes

Quote:
Resign: Yes or No

Anthony Spencer - Let him play on the franchise tag
Jason Hatcher - I like him but no, he's over 30
Sean Lee - yes
Bruce Carter - yes
DeMarco Murray - let's see how this season goes and how Randle does, but I'm leaning towards no--if Randle doesn't pan out we can find another good RB in next year's draft
Dez Bryant - Yes
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Calvin Watkins tried to get Romo to say something off about Garrett/Jerry Jones due to the disconnect about playcalling here's what Romo had to say...

Quote:
"I think more than anything I think [the media], not trying to be rude, but you guys don't matter," Romo said.
ROFL. Go Tony. Obvious attempt to stir the pot some more and he wasn't going to have any of it.

Dallas has been running both Hatcher and Ratliff at the 1 and 3 technique positions on the line depending on offensive setup. IMHO this makes the 4-3 front MUCH more dangerous as both Ratliff and Hatcher can dominate a guard in 1v1 or split a double team on the inside.

Spencer is continuing to look like the most dominant player on the defensive line.

Witten/Dallas TEs are running much more deeper and over the middle routes compared to previous years. Witten especially has been giving linebackers fits in his route running. Keeping Sean Lee at bay at the top of the route with a forearm.

Webb is taking fun advantage of the snaps from Claiborne sitting. Timed a blitz perfectly for a would be sack before Nick Stevens had a chance to set his feet.

Dallas has not called a SINGLE PLAY with a traditional fullback. Widely assumed the team is going to let Vickers recover until he is fit and then give him his walking papers. Interesting enough Dallas has run a decent bit out of the Pistol formation.

"12" formation, Pistol formation, and no FB. This team has overhauled the playbook and I am LOVING it.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Calvin Watkins tried to get Romo to say something off about Garrett/Jerry Jones due to the disconnect about playcalling here's what Romo had to say...

ROFL. Go Tony. Obvious attempt to stir the pot some more and he wasn't going to have any of it.

Dallas has been running both Hatcher and Ratliff at the 1 and 3 technique positions on the line depending on offensive setup. IMHO this makes the 4-3 front MUCH more dangerous as both Ratliff and Hatcher can dominate a guard in 1v1 or split a double team on the inside.

Spencer is continuing to look like the most dominant player on the defensive line.

Witten/Dallas TEs are running much more deeper and over the middle routes compared to previous years. Witten especially has been giving linebackers fits in his route running. Keeping Sean Lee at bay at the top of the route with a forearm.

Webb is taking fun advantage of the snaps from Claiborne sitting. Timed a blitz perfectly for a would be sack before Nick Stevens had a chance to set his feet.

Dallas has not called a SINGLE PLAY with a traditional fullback. Widely assumed the team is going to let Vickers recover until he is fit and then give him his walking papers. Interesting enough Dallas has run a decent bit out of the Pistol formation.

"12" formation, Pistol formation, and no FB. This team has overhauled the playbook and I am LOVING it.
its a copycat league

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 06-13-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

This brought a smile to my face.

Quote:
Bryan Broaddus @BryanBroaddus

“@sinkdasink: @BryanBroaddus hey Bryan who wins the award for best rookie showing in camp?” Terrence Williams on O and JJ Wilcox on D
Considering all that has been said about the other rookies for Williams and Wilcox to come out on top is awesome.

Also in really funny news Kevin Sumlin reportedly was offered the Eagles job initially but turned them down before they moved to Chip Kelly. That made me giggle.

Last edited by Trogdor : 06-14-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm interested to see if the team is going to develop a specific "12"/ "13" package or if have plays built in the base formations to substitute TE's into. Using this pistol formation as an example(since there is such a nice model provided) as the base package would probably have Dez and Harris as the outside WR, Miles in the slot and Witten lined up at tightend. The team could have a sub section within this package to use their depth at TE as an adavantage. EX Dez remains the outside WR on the left hash but Escobar is split out to the right and Hannah operates out of the slot. This could be especially effective in the red zone where it would be a difficult for defenses to send help to the outside targets because the threat of Witten/Hannah in the middle of the field.

Also, this could be an effective way to get the running game established. While Hannah/Escobar aren't great run blockers, they should have no issue taking out a defensive back lined up across from them. At the very least it speads out the defense so that players aren't stacked up against the LOS.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 06-14-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote