Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Packers running back DuJuan Harris will sit out several weeks after surgery to remove a cyst, but he expects to be ready for training camp.

Harris wrote on Twitter that when doctors were performing his team physical, they found a fist sized cyst on my lung next to my heart.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy told reporters today that he expects Harris to miss the remainder of minicamp and Organized Team Activities but be ready for the start of training camp. Harris said he expects to be back to work very soon.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Du'Juan Harris.
I also love Franklin & Lacy.
Needless to say I have more optimism in a good running game than anytime since Ahman.

Can these softies on the OL block though?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they block well.....

Lacy 195 carries, 809 yards, 10 TDs.
Franklin 101 carries, 447 yards, 2 TDs.
Harris 80 carries, 393 yards, 2 TDs.

Everyone averages more than 4 a carry.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there are people in the comments section of several websites whose heads might just explode.

Brett Favre on breakup with Packers: 'I was at fault'

Quote:
"It's over and done with. I was at fault," Favre said, per the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "I feel that both sides had a part in it. If you could go back would I or them have done things differently? I'm sure both sides would. But you can't."

Favre has discussed burying the hatchet in the past, but he hasn't been as forthright in taking ownership of how he put the Packers in a tough spot after his initial retirement.

When asked about having his number retired, Favre was optimistic it would happen soon and credited team president Mark Murphy for patching the discord.

"I'm honored just by the thought," Favre said. "Obviously there was, if you want to call it, 'bad blood' or whatever, I just think that people started picking sides. And really I'm over that and have been over it. Mark Murphy and I have talked on numerous occasions. I never expected them to do anything. I'm not one to sit here and say I think they need to do this and do that."
Old 06-07-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have always been in Brett's corner and I am glad he and the organization are moving past their differences during the breakup.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I have always been in the Packers' corner, and I don't care to even worry about him for another 2 or 3 years.
He's yesterday's news.

This is Rodgers' time IMO.

Favre made that bed. Let him sleep in it for awhile.
If he wants to "makeup", he better be the one asking, begging for it.

He's 2 things right now: memories (good and bad), and a distraction.
Nothing more.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Cobb, Jordy, Jones; The Big 3

Last year, the three receivers combined for 193 receptions, 2,483 yards and 29 touchdowns.

Over/Under this year?

I'll say over, over, under.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Cobb, Jordy, Jones; The Big 3

Last year, the three receivers combined for 193 receptions, 2,483 yards and 29 touchdowns.

Over/Under this year?

I'll say over, over, under.
I would say over, over, under as well.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Gabe Carimini traded yesterday by Bears to Bucs for a 6th Rd pick.
Bears also released Dale Moss.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

The Packers have signed WR Terrell Sinkfield.

Sinkfield, a 6-foot, 200-pound rookie out of Northern Iowa, signed with the Miami Dolphins as a non-drafted free agent on May 3 and was released by the club on May 28.

He started 10 games for the Panthers as a senior in 2012 and caught 43 passes for 499 yards (11.6 avg.) and four TDs.

Sinkfield posted 76 receptions for 1,097 yards (14.4 avg.) and 10 TDs during his collegiate career. He will wear No. 5 for the Packers until he is released this summer.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I remember Sinkfield created some buzz during the draft evaluation process when he ran a 4.19 forty.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers set to cut Desmond Bishop

he has a $4+ million cap hit for the next 2 seasons and the team must think he isn't healthy enough. No way would they cut him if they felt he was fine. He's better than Hawk and Jones, so sadly this has to be injury related

either way it sucks. Not a big fan of the Packers ILB situation. Hawk and Jones is a pretty weak starting duo. Going to have to hope Terrell Manning steps up this year or something
Old 06-11-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

losing not only a great player but a great leader that this defense needs badly

Old 06-11-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
losing not only a great player but a great leader that this defense needs badly
Quite an overreaction on both accounts. He was a decent level starter, nothing special as a player. I also don't know what makes you think he was a great leader. While AJ Hawk is a lesser player, he was more of a leader on that defense than Bishop.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ILB is by far the weakest area on the team right now. No real stand out player in that group and no real physical player in that group

Terrell Manning is going to have to step up this season
Old 06-11-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Quite an overreaction on both accounts. He was a decent level starter, nothing special as a player. I also don't know what makes you think he was a great leader. While AJ Hawk is a lesser player, he was more of a leader on that defense than Bishop.
I talked to Bob McGinn following the injury to Bishop last year, and he told me that Bishop's absence wasn't the biggest hole left by that injury but rather the leadership he brought to the defense. Bishop was a very good player for our defense.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Bishop was and is the teams best ILB. The most physical one as well and great vs the run

if he is indeed gone, the Packers might have the weakest pair of ILB's of any 3-4 team. Definitely a big concern with the D this year with them looking to be more physical
Old 06-12-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I wanted Arthur Brown in the draft because I think Hawk & Jones are a weakness.

Did anyone see their play on the field as a strength for us last year?

All I remember were them being turnstyles against Kaepernick, and Peterson twice... those guys didn't look as Godly against anyone else as they did against Hawk & Brad Jones.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why we want Bishop gone so much? But keep Hawk Wtf?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

My guess is that the team feels comfortable enough with Jones and Hawk on the inside, and they would prefer to allocate the money Bishop is making elsewhere. We have Sam Shields and BJ Raji, among others, who are looking at paydays or they will have to move on to a new team following this season. We're paying 3 inside backers low end starter money and for some reason the team has an odd reluctance to move on from AJ Hawk.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
My guess is that the team feels comfortable enough with Jones and Hawk on the inside, and they would prefer to allocate the money Bishop is making elsewhere. We have Sam Shields and BJ Raji, among others, who are looking at paydays or they will have to move on to a new team following this season. We're paying 3 inside backers low end starter money and for some reason the team has an odd reluctance to move on from AJ Hawk.

It must be all the big plays, turnovers he creates.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Pack will be using a 3-3-5 look more often as well I think, so that could have played a role as well

Bishop was never a quick LBer and perhaps this injury has caused him to get even slower

I like Jones, I think he's solid, just wish they had a better LBer than Hawk. We'll have to wait another year for that looks like
Old 06-12-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always felt Bishop was a bit overrated, ie.. when he starts talking about being DPOY, but I also thought he was one of our 3 or 4 best defensive starters for quite a while there. I don't get this move, unless it's injury related. He's clearly better than Hawk, clearly. I get Jones being a better cover guy, younger and healthier with room to grow as a 3-4 ILB. But Hawk over Bishop? I do not get that.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Our management usually makes the right decisions, but not always as nobody is perfect.
Whatever happens here, let's hope it's not a Cullen Jenkins error.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
I remember Sinkfield created some buzz during the draft evaluation process when he ran a 4.19 forty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRkYJwD_910