Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-14-2013, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
It's not just the raise.

The raise was actually just 9.5%. Nice but not really special. But beyond that I now am not working across state lines so I make an 8% raise--and that goes directly in my pockets because it's already been taxed by the Feds. On top of that my gas budget drops from about $400+ to $50-60 per month now that I work down the street.

That is why I'm so stoked about this position.
I don't blame you. I don't think I could handle all that long distance commuting, especially if it's around a big city with traffic and such. The tax reduction and gas money alone sounds like it will be a nice little raise.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:37 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I don't blame you. I don't think I could handle all that long distance commuting, especially if it's around a big city with traffic and such. The tax reduction and gas money alone sounds like it will be a nice little raise.
Oh my gosh. The city traffic was horrific. Not fun at all. 8 hours days would turn into 13 or 14 hours on the road.

But I couldn't take mass transit because I needed to be able to rove to a different branch in the middle of the day if the need arose.

It was a great opportunity and I learned a lot in such a short amount of time, but I won't miss the traffic or the extra time from home.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People don't understand traffic until you live in Southern California. I feel ya NIP, I feel ya.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:41 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh my gosh. The city traffic was horrific. Not fun at all. 8 hours days would turn into 13 or 14 hours on the road.

But I couldn't take mass transit because I needed to be able to rove to a different branch in the middle of the day if the need arose.

It was a great opportunity and I learned a lot in such a short amount of time, but I won't miss the traffic or the extra time from home.
That sounds terrible. I don't mind traffic usually, mainly because I'm not subjected to it a ton, but if I had to deal with it regularly I'm pretty sure I would hate it.

You need to play some games with us NIP! Hopefully you can play the standalone with us. It will be a good time. Did you play TOR with us? It's hard to remember all the people who played TOR. Especially because we ended up getting so disjointed/fragmented when it came to leveling (I BLAME VIDAE BECAUSE HE'S A BIG JERK!).
Old 06-14-2013, 02:41 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bee tee dubs I have purchased the $5 BF3 and the full KSP version.

They are DLing now. Super stoked.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:44 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
That sounds terrible. I don't mind traffic usually, mainly because I'm not subjected to it a ton, but if I had to deal with it regularly I'm pretty sure I would hate it.

You need to play some games with us NIP! Hopefully you can play the standalone with us. It will be a good time. Did you play TOR with us? It's hard to remember all the people who played TOR. Especially because we ended up getting so disjointed/fragmented when it came to leveling (I BLAME VIDAE BECAUSE HE'S A BIG JERK!).
I didn't play TOR with you guys. That came out right when the wife was transitioning from a cushy job to a job that pays $600/mo. And I just couldn't afford the monthly cost. Things are definitely looking up since then.

I will definitely make time/room/money for the standalone.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:46 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I didn't play TOR with you guys. That came out right when the wife was transitioning from a cushy job to a job that pays $600/mo. And I just couldn't afford the monthly cost. Things are definitely looking up since then.

I will definitely make time/room/money for the standalone.
Ahhh, gotcha. I couldn't recall if you did or not. Still, it's all good.

Or if you ever want to play some BF3. We should all play it. BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME!
Old 06-14-2013, 06:39 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ahhh, gotcha. I couldn't recall if you did or not. Still, it's all good.

Or if you ever want to play some BF3. We should all play it. BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME!
omg I so just uninstalled BF3 lol. Damn small hardrive.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I play BF3 from time to time :) Incredibly boring without friends playing.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Damn it, let's a squad going then!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If its 5 bucks I think I could swing it.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, BF3 is $5?

Old 06-14-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Wait, BF3 is $5?
Get on it. Now.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't see it on Steam? What am I missing? Cuz I'd pay $5 for that.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't see it on Steam? What am I missing? Cuz I'd pay $5 for that.
It's an EA game so it's only on Origins. I hate Origins. But it's $5.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its on Origin... and you might have to buy the expansions which makes it $15-20
Old 06-14-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Is the DayZ standalone expected to be released on Steam when it goes into alpha?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I got the game alone for $5. Are the expansions worth it?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
It's an EA game so it's only on Origins. I hate Origins. But it's $5.
Efffffffffff Origin.

Quote:
Efffffffffff that.

Quote:
Is the DayZ standalone expected to be released on Steam when it goes into alpha?
I think it will be but I haven't heard anything definitive on that. Forenci or Trogs would know.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Can you play online without the expansions?
Old 06-14-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I can play online competitive. I haven't tried squad play yet.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what are the specs required for Day Z?

I want to see if I can play on my laptop, its a workstation, HP 8460W.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I got the game alone for $5. Are the expansions worth it?
Yep, definitely. At least most of them are. I wasn't huge on Close Quarters or Aftermath but Armor Kill is amazing. Depending on price, they are worth it. I got them all for like..$15 a while back.

Quote:
Yes, you can. Just not the maps that are with the expansions.

Also, Vidae, STOP BEING LAME AND GET IT! Origins is just a tool in this case. Once you have BF3 everything just goes through Battelog basically.

I hate Origins as much as the next guy but it'd be silly to let it keep me from getting a game. Especially since Steam doesn't have it. Otherwise clearly I would have it on that.

Get it so we all can play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
what are the specs required for Day Z?

I want to see if I can play on my laptop, its a workstation, HP 8460W.
Nothing has been confirmed yet. Supposedly, it should not be as brutal on your PC though, despite better graphics, because of the new MMO architecture where everything has to spawn on the server side instead of the client.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Armored Kill, Back to Karkand, Endgame, and Aftermath are all awesome. Close Quarters is alright if you like smaller maps.

The expansions definitely aren't needed, but has extended my playtime of the game considerably. The original maps are pretty good, just got tired of them.

They added CTF in Endgame, so much fun.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I was never a huge Aftermath fan, but it wasn't terrible by any means. End Game was enjoyable, though. Do you have it for the PC, nrk?