Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-04-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I just saw Cold War Kids and The Lumineers in Minneapolis. Two of the best live performances I have seen in a long time. If you haven't listened to the Lumineers yet, do it.
I saw The Cold War Kids last summer, and they are indeed, a fantastic live show. They cover so much, musically speaking, and are all talented and quirky in what they do, naturally. And I'm going to be seeing the Lumineers for the second time (since last fall) in a week and 5 days at Bonnaroo. They're sandwiched right between Bjork and Mumford, Saturday is going to be a hell of a night.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still love this album.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 06-04-2013 at 05:23 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Treats from today!

From the Hills Below the City - Houndmouth

Evil Friends - Portugal. the Man

Apocalypse - Thundercat

...Like Clockwork - Queens of the Stone Age

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:10 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I still love this album.

Me too, one of my favorite albums recently. They're another band I feel fortunate to see at Bonnaroo. Next Thursday it starts, and that's usually the night for newer bands, and Alt-J is playing a prime set spot, so I can't wait for them.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today's Baseball Playlist

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Nice one.. Boards of Canada are amazing.

On another note, Sublime is still my all time favourite band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGvR6s0yF3k
Old 06-11-2013, 07:38 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Well, tonight I make my pilgrimage back to Bonnaroo. Its hard to believe its already been a year, since I've been anxiously checking off the months since I left, but I'm so happy to be able to go back. I'm going to get to see a lot of music I haven't seen before, and a few of my favorites live who I haven't seen yet. Once again I'm going to be able to see about 40 acts throughout the course of this weekend, with less split sets than I had last year for Roo. I'll be sure to share what I can when I get back, but for those that care, this is what the basic gist of my version of Bonnaroo looks like right now.

Thursday:
Milo Greene
Futurebirds
Ariel Pink
Walk the Moon
Django Django
Japandroids/Father John Misty (probably splitting it)
Alt J (I'm so pumped for this show)
Capital Cities
ALO and guests

Friday: (Friday looks so awesome right now)
Trombone Shorty/Orleans Ave
Calexico
Local Natives
OMAM
Passion Pit
Grizzly Bear
Wilco
Paul McCartney
The XX
ZZ Top
Pretty Lights
Animal Collective

Saturday:
Cults
Lord Huron
Gov't Mule
Portugal, The Man
Dirty Projectors
Bjork
The Lumineers
Mumford (the bass player Ted is in the hospital right now with a blood clot on the surface of his brain, I'm hoping he is ok)
Rock 'n Soul Dance Party Superjam
Empire of the Sun

Sunday:
Delta Rae
Macklemore/Ryan Lewis
The Sheepdogs
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes (so excited for this one too)
The National
Ed Helms' Bluegrass Superjam
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Old 06-11-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely wouldn't miss Reptar.

Alt-J was pretty good live when I watched them during Coachella.

That Sunday 3some is a killer.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
really interested to hear about alt-j's set. stoked to go see them in september, or whenever it was i bought tickets for, but i know nothing about them live.

thursday: i can't imagine splitting the japandroids set. the vaccines should be solid.
friday: you couldn't pay me to miss reptar. mccartney, meh. lame that he's basically on alone. he's my brother/she's my sister would be really hard to miss.
saturday: frank turner would be up there before portugal starts. the lumineers solo? i guess they want to get everyone good and bored before mumford comes on. i really want to see the mowgli's, though i have heard mixed reviews on them live.
sunday: ed sharpe, tame impala and the national all on at basically the same time is terrible scheduling. i have no idea what i'd do there.

solid lineup overall, not a lot of time i'd spend bored between bands.

I might end up sticking it out with the Japandroids on Thursday, my friend who I'm going with is like me, we all look at conflicts as the epitome of "first world problems" so I try not to complain. Any conflicts we leave room to decide on during the sets, neither of us are so thickheaded we won't leave a set, except for a few of the ones we both really want to see.

I like the Vaccines, but they're one of my sacrifices, as I'd like to see ALO and my friend really wants to see both ALO and Capital Cities, which overlap the Vaccines' set. I might be able to catch a little of their set, but it'll depend.

I'm not familiar with HMB/SMS, but I will have to look into them later today, I personally could miss Trombone Shorty, or shorten it, if I like them. I'd really like to see Calexico, though. As for McCartney, I'm not a big "Sir Paul" fan, but I've heard his sets are predominantly Beatles tunes, and if that's the case, I've got no complaints, he's one of the living legends, despite my opinion of him, and I'll be able to tell my kids that I saw a member of The Beatles in person. Its going to be one big sing along set, since almost everybody knows his music, too, so it'll be a great atmosphere in the crowd for sure.

I'm trying to convince my friend that we should at least stop and see a little bit of Frank Turner. But we both want to see all of Gov't Mule's set and would at least like to see Portugal, The Man, too. I'm also a fan of The Tallest Man on Earth, who plays in that same block of time, but he got relegated to the back. It's one of the few time blocks (besides the one on Sunday you mentioned) that I had a lot of trouble with.

I personally like The Lumineers, but Bonnaroo has been known to make their Saturday headliner into where they "want" everyone to be. They usually don't have much going on at the smaller stages leading up to the big Saturday show, and have everyone go straight from the "Which" Stage (the second biggest area there) to the "What" Stage (the biggest one). I guess Bonnaroo wanted to make Saturday night into a big night for The Lumineers and Mumford. It's going to be a cattle chute going from one show to another. I'm planning on leaving the Lumineers set early for a good spot for Mumford.

I really like the Mowgli's, but any live performances I've seen have lead me to believe that they could use some more time together to mesh. Their harmonies, especially, get real loose and,sometimes to me, flat out bad sounding. I might be able to catch one of their sets, they're a band that will play probably something like 4 or 5 45 minute sets at their "Solar" stage, so hopefully I'll have a chance to catch em.

The block on Sunday is another rough one for me, not only are those three overlapping eachother, but I would've liked to see the Divine Fits, Sam Bush & Del McCoury, and I'm not going to get to see as much of the Bluegrass Superjam as I would've liked, but like I said before, first world problems, I expected Sunday to be packed, and it was, but its much better than last year was for me, where literally my entire Sunday was filled with conflicts or sets that I couldn't see as much as I would've preferred.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blurred Lines: Robin Thicke

The unedited video is the greatest music video ever made. Also very NSFW. Google it. It's on vevo as well.

I was surprised that i liked the song a bit. Good pop.

Don't care if I'm late to the game in talking about it. Totally worth rewatching if you love boobs.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy for these coming out today

13 - Black Sabbath

Tomorrow's Harvest - Boards of Canada

Settle - Disclosure

Half of Where You Live - Gold Panda

Howlin - Jagwar Ma

Pythons - Surfer Blood

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Old 06-13-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will FINALLY get to see these legends tomorrow night. So very excited.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:29 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Well, tonight I make my pilgrimage back to Bonnaroo. Its hard to believe its already been a year, since I've been anxiously checking off the months since I left, but I'm so happy to be able to go back. I'm going to get to see a lot of music I haven't seen before, and a few of my favorites live who I haven't seen yet. Once again I'm going to be able to see about 40 acts throughout the course of this weekend, with less split sets than I had last year for Roo. I'll be sure to share what I can when I get back, but for those that care, this is what the basic gist of my version of Bonnaroo looks like right now.

Thursday:
Milo Greene
Futurebirds
Ariel Pink
Walk the Moon
Django Django
Japandroids/Father John Misty (probably splitting it)
Alt J (I'm so pumped for this show)
Capital Cities
ALO and guests

Friday: (Friday looks so awesome right now)
Trombone Shorty/Orleans Ave
Calexico
Local Natives
OMAM
Passion Pit
Grizzly Bear
Wilco
Paul McCartney
The XX
ZZ Top
Pretty Lights
Animal Collective

Saturday:
Cults
Lord Huron
Gov't Mule
Portugal, The Man
Dirty Projectors
Bjork
The Lumineers
Mumford (the bass player Ted is in the hospital right now with a blood clot on the surface of his brain, I'm hoping he is ok)
Rock 'n Soul Dance Party Superjam
Empire of the Sun

Sunday:
Delta Rae
Macklemore/Ryan Lewis
The Sheepdogs
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes (so excited for this one too)
The National
Ed Helms' Bluegrass Superjam
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Nice list man, I've been listening to The XX pretty hardcore lately.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I looked last night real quick and didn't see anything but I thought they were supposed to. If you find a link though please post it here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-14-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Replacements are reuniting and playing the three Riot Fest shows in Chicago, Toronto, and Denver in order to support bassist Slim Dunlap after his 2010 stroke (a follow up on the EP Songs for Slim which came out earlier this year)...the RiotFest lineups are absolutely ridiculous, but being so far away I could only hope The Replacements hit the New York area at least once to come on this tour

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That really is cool. Toronto is pretty close to me but obviously the weakest of the festivals. I'd like to get out to the Chicago one but I had originally decided against it. Only the most expensive tickets are available now, but that lineup is pretty solid all the way through.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New today...

Old 06-14-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

A week from today I'll be at Firefly Festival. I'm pumped beyond belief at this point.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-14-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

On my phone it lists Channel 1 and Channel 2.

sig by BoneKrusher