Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-13-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, what headsets do you guys recommend $50-$100?
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I'm probably 50% or a little more with Far Cry 3 right now, haven't played in like 2 weeks though. I spent pretty much my entire first couple weeks just hunting to make better **** and liberating camps. There's just such a large map, that I dick around for like 3 hours, do one main mission and then I'm done for the day. I've crafted pretty much everything now, so I'll have to start the main story missions again soon.
Yea they are a ton of stuff to do on the side I spent alot of time hunting to upgrade stuff but I didnt really do any of the side missions are the camps. It really made a differnce when I upgraded guns toward the end. If your someone who likes to do everything you can really spend alot of time in that game.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Yea they are a ton of stuff to do on the side I spent alot of time hunting to upgrade stuff but I didnt really do any of the side missions are the camps. It really made a differnce when I upgraded guns toward the end. If your someone who likes to do everything you can really spend alot of time in that game.
Yup, I love games like that. In open world games, I end up exploring on my own and completing side quests/finding things before I get 25% of the main story done. I'm the type of person that explores every room and opens every cabinet looking for any items possible, and even more so if I have some sort of place to store excess loot.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How Beyond: Two Souls will play. After The Last of Us this is my most wanted game.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a ******* opening to The Last of Us. I have been playing for less than half an hour and I already love it.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
What a ******* opening to The Last of Us. I have been playing for less than half an hour and I already love it.
I'm downloading the pre-order bonus stuff as we speak will be playing soon!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Be careful guys

Quote:
I awoke this morning to a deluge of Tweets from IGN readers who picked up the eagerly-anticipated PlayStation 3 exclusive The Last of Us overnight. Many of them have run into serious auto-saving issues in the game, in which the game never actually auto-saves. All progress can be lost if you don’t manually save your game. (Update: I'm being told that you can't manually save once the auto-save glitch starts. Not sure if this is true for everyone.)

The problem apparently has something to do with its day one patch – patch 1.01 – as well as its connection to the PlayStation Network. While none of this has been confirmed yet, it appears that staying offline while playing does the trick. For some people, staying offline with the patch installed solves the problem. Others stayed offline and deleted the patch to get auto-save to work.
Naturally, this isn’t a problem those who played the game on a debug console encountered, as patch 1.01 – the likely culprit – was not available before the game was released to the public. We’ve reached out to Sony to see what the issue is, and when we can expect Naughty Dog to deliver a fix.
We’ll update you when we hear more.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 06-14-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Too late. The patch is ******. The game works fine you just can't save it... I think I'm going to delete the patch and play offline because the game it's self is awesome.

This is why I normally never buy games when they first come out.

Last edited by Splat : 06-14-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Naughty Dog's Co-President sent out this tweet..

Quote:
The autosave issue was a problem w/ our servers. No patch needed to fix it, just re-launch the game. Thanks again :)
Old 06-14-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
so... is the game more uncharted style, or more fast-twitch FPS style?
From the reviews I have read it sounds more like Resident Evil than either of those two games. With just enough guns and bullets to make it possible to use but question whether it's the best case to use them.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good thing I took a nap and checked in here before I kept playing. ******* hell though, I have to replay an hour and a half of the game.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Good thing I took a nap and checked in here before I kept playing. ******* hell though, I have to replay an hour and a half of the game.
Yeah, I had to start over too but it's working fine now. The patch had nothing too do with it according to Naughty Dog. It was something too do with their online server.

Starting over wasn't the end of the world since the beginning is epic.

I can tell all ready that ammo it going to be few and far between.

Last edited by Splat : 06-14-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Yeah, I had to start over too but it's working fine now. The patch had nothing too do with it according to Naughty Dog. It was something too do with their online server.

Starting over wasn't the end of the world since the beginning is epic.

I can tell all ready that ammo it going to be few and far between.
I hate replaying games this quick after I have played them and I was pissed about restarting but it really isn't the end of the world because the game is fantastic.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you aren't already, you guys should sign up for a Best Buy Reward Zone membership. If you join the Gamer's Club you can get a year of PS+ for $39.99. This expires on June 22nd.. so if you're thinking about joining, that's a pretty good deal to go for.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
so... is the game more uncharted style, or more fast-twitch FPS style?
It's nothing like a FPS. You couldn't run and gun even if you wanted too. Your supplies are very limited. Using your gun is more of a last line of defense. It's more stealth and melee.

The voice work is top notch.

Last edited by Splat : 06-15-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

The game is incredible. I love melee so much. Nothing like bashing another mans head against a wall and making said head explode.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is beyond epic.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Incase y'all were curious

Quote:
While there certainly are a good amount of Trophies in The Last of Us, you can play through the whole game without hearing that iconic "pop" sound. What's the deal?
Don't worry, most of the trophies are designed to not be obtainable until at least a second play-through. For instance, the trophy Everything We've Been Through involves using Supplements that you find to fully level up Joel. There just are not enough in the game to do that. You will have to start a New Game Plus file in order to earn that trophy.
New Game Plus is going to be very important for all of you Platinum fiends too, as there is a whole set of trophies for beating the game on this mode. What's nice is that trophies will stack. This means that you don't have to play through the game eight times to get every trophy. If you play through on Expert, you will still get the trophies for Hard, Normal and Easy as well. You WILL have to play the game through at least twice though, to earn everything else.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i will never understand trophies and 'achievements' and whatnot in games.
Its similar to rep. It makes your e-peen bigger. It also makes you feel like you accomplished ... something ... I guess.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i will never understand trophies and 'achievements' and whatnot in games.
Clearly you do not rate highly on "Achiever" in the Strengthsfinder 2.0.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NBA 2K13

Quick match team up

Gamertag: KCrailJ

Let's get a game going

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nba Live or 2K? What has been better recently?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Nba Live or 2K? What has been better recently?
Live didn't even push a game out they were being ABUSED by 2K. If there is one thing 2K sports hows how to do it's make a sexy basketball game.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Live was always an arcade-style game. No-tactics drives to the hole. It was borderline 5v5 NBA Jam. 2k just stomped it. I don't see that changing.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

I never got a chance to play NFL 2K, but wasn't it surpassing Madden in terms of playability when EA negotiated the exclusive contract?

Oldie but a goodie.