Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 that haven't been mentioned:

Matt Hasselbeck guaranteeing an OT victory ("we want the ball and we're gonna score")and then throwing an INT TD to Al Harris on the ensuing drive.

In Super Bowl VII, K Garo Yepremian picked up a blocked kick and frantically tried to throw a pass, only managing to whiff it up in the air where he batted it right into the hands of a defender. The he failed miserably in his "tackle attempt".

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
When the Bucs lost that MNF game to the Colts on an idiotic Unsportsmanlike Conduct call...

ugh
I believe the call you are speaking of was not Unsportsmanlike Conduct, but rather some other rare penalty on a missed FG attempty by Vanderjerk. Simeon Rice jumped up to block the kick and landed on a lineman's foot by mistake, and then in typical fashion the refs made up some ghost penalty so Peyton could win on the ensuing FG attempt from closer range. We never should've let them back in the game anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-23-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cleveland...1987 divisional playoff game.... Mark Gastineau.... 2nd and 24...incomplete pass... late hit on Kosar... automatic first down... 23-20 2OT...
Old 04-23-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I believe the call you are speaking of was not Unsportsmanlike Conduct, but rather some other rare penalty on a missed FG attempty by Vanderjerk. Simeon Rice jumped up to block the kick and landed on a lineman's foot by mistake, and then in typical fashion the refs made up some ghost penalty so Peyton could win on the ensuing FG attempt from closer range. We never should've let them back in the game anyway.
The call was unsportsmanlike conduct. Rice landed on the back of one of the other linemen when he jumped for the kick in 'celebration'.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
The call was unsportsmanlike conduct. Rice landed on the back of one of the other linemen when he jumped for the kick in 'celebration'.
You're right on the call, but this is what happened:

Mike Vanderjagt, the most accurate placekicker in NFL history, actually missed the ensuing 40-yard attempt, but the Buccaneers were flagged for a penalty that seemed impossible to understand. DE Simeon Rice was called for unsportsmanlike conduct, with the contention that he used a teammate to aid his leap to block the kick. Replays showed Rice jumped straight in the air, but the officials stuck to their call. Vanderjagt then easily made a 29-yarder to win the game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-23-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Cutler's INT against Seattle was pretty damn stupid. Luckily for us, he cut down on mistakes after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10 View Post
Doesn't seem like a stupid/worst play ever to me. Was just very unforunate they didn't get in.

That picture right there is one of the most memorable in my mind, for better or worse. If I had to some up why football is a superior sport, I would simply use that picture to help explain.

Of course you probably hate me for saying that, but again, it was such an epic battle to end for the Titans. Wished they had won that Super Bowl.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Doesn't seem like a stupid/worst play ever to me. Was just very unforunate they didn't get in.

That picture right there is one of the most memorable in my mind, for better or worse. If I had to some up why football is a superior sport, I would simply use that picture to help explain.

Of course you probably hate me for saying that, but again, it was such an epic battle to end for the Titans. Wished they had won that Super Bowl.
to me its the worst play ever because we were a yard short of possibly winning the super bowl

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about Orlando Brown getting hit in the eye with a flag. I'm proud to say I was at that game but sad to say I didn't see it.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Any play involving Aaron Brooks
Aaron Brooks was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this thread.

Not even mentioning the backward pass, every game he would have at least a few plays where he fumbled snaps, backpedaled 15 yards backwards at the first hint of pressure, the head scratching interceptions.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the refs messing up the steelers coin toss that one year was pretty funny.

but the play that stands out as the dumbest to me is in a 2004 game, week 15, miami and new england played on monday night. brady threw 4 INTs that game but the last one he threw was hilarious. he was getting sacked and right when he was about to hit the ground he just threw the ball straight up into the middle of the field and it landed in Brendan Ayanbadejo's arms and it allowed miami to drive down and score the go-ahead touchdown with like a minute to play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031 View Post
Cleveland...1987 divisional playoff game.... Mark Gastineau.... 2nd and 24...incomplete pass... late hit on Kosar... automatic first down... 23-20 2OT...
I didn't know anything GOOD could happen to the Browns. But then there's the next game they played...oh yeah, there was "The Drive". Then the next year "The Fumble".

Last edited by kalbears13 : 04-24-2007 at 12:15 AM.
kalbears13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

whos that guy who pick the fumble up and return it on him self and drop the ball in his own endzone and the other team pick it up and scored
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but....

Plaxico Burress in his rookie year made a sweet diving catch, rolling over on the ground and keeping control of the ball.

Then, being untouched, he promptly stood up and spiked the ball in celebration and walked away from it... giving the other team a free fumble recovery.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
whos that guy who pick the fumble up and return it on him self and drop the ball in his own endzone and the other team pick it up and scored
this man has a way with words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
Not really a play, but this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen done on a football field:

haah on my highschool team we had our right tackle line up besides our left haha that was funny but these guys are profesionals!!?? haha i cried i laughed so hard at this!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
haah on my highschool team we had our right tackle line up besides our left haha that was funny but these guys are profesionals!!?? haha i cried i laughed so hard at this!
Yeah, that is hilarious. That's Adrian Mcpherson right? I swear I saw him do something else that was incredibly dumb but it's not coming to me right now.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

The one to go with it from that Superbowl was Steve McNair with his head in his hands, sobbing, as confetti was falling all around him.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

I know the play some of you are talking about. It is easily the greatest blooper in sports. A Minnesota Viking (Hall of Famer I think, but I know he was at least really good) picked up a fumble and must have become disorientated and began running the wrong way. He ran the entire length of the field in the wrong direction while the announcer was saying, "HE'S RUNNING THE WRONG WAY!!!" He then proceded to reach the endzone and spike the ball out of bounds resulting in a safety.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
DraftMasterG
Rookie

DraftMasterG needs more cowbell.

DraftMasterG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMasterG View Post
Is that necessary or relevant?
Old 04-25-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
raidersfan86
Rookie

raidersfan86 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
raidersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
DraftMasterG
Rookie

DraftMasterG needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post

TWO YEARSSSSSS THAT JACK KNOB