Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
The good news is Bert said he's not posting in here if the Heat win for game 7 so that's a plus. I expect him to be held to this.
Am I the only person who got the troll? Everyone else is taking some awesome trolling seriously.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
'Heat offensive rating w/ LeBron + Wade on court: 92.0 ... Heat offensive rating with LeBron + no Wade: 143.3'
I haven't seen the update stats, but prior to Game 3 the Heat were almost 9 points per 100 BETTER with Wade off the floor through the first 18 playoff games.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I've always been stunned why Kansas has only had 1 good NBA player.
Nick Collison > you

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I haven't seen the update stats, but prior to Game 3 the Heat were almost 9 points per 100 BETTER with Wade off the floor through the first 18 playoff games.
Last night the Heat came back without Wade. He came back on and San Antonio took the lead again.

Wade makes them worse because he can't space the floor for LeBron.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Many "LOL" directed at all those Heat fans who left the game late in the 4th and begged to be let back in. Typical.

Last edited by Paul : 06-19-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Man "LOL" directed at all those Heat fans who left the game late in the 4th and begged to be let back in. Typical.
And it was a 4 point lead with 28 seconds, even if he hit both free throws it was a 1 possession game. I honestly don't understand leaving at that point, it was 28 seconds you couldn't even wait that out? Sucks for the die hard fans there but it showed how typical majority of their fans are. I wish they wouldn't have let any of them back in and they were forced to miss an awesome game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get peeps who leaves early.

Cool you paid a ******** of money for your seats and you leave it while it's a two point game. It happens everywhere in every sports.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rich people are idiots.

Also traffic is really really bad.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went through some old photographs at my parents' house from me growing up and I found my Disney autograph book from elementary school. Paged through it to find that I apparently met and got autographs from Shaq, Penny, Barkley, Magic, Bird, Kevin Johnson, and a few other players. Talk about a welcome surprise!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, still can't believe last night's game. Can't wait for Thursday.

And Yes, we have a lot of ****** fans down here and pretty much are the same ones I make fun of for the Phins/Canes during football season, but every fan base has them for the most part. I am not shocked that there were people leaving with a 4 pt game and 30 seconds left.

Edit: I'd also make a wager that about 10-15% of those people in the lower bowl aren't really Heat fans. They are rich people that could afford those seats just coming for the attraction and to say they were going to the game. Miami is just a little different like that when it comes to the sports world and it makes the rest of the fans look pretty bad.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 06-19-2013 at 11:28 AM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
And it was a 4 point lead with 28 seconds, even if he hit both free throws it was a 1 possession game. I honestly don't understand leaving at that point, it was 28 seconds you couldn't even wait that out? Sucks for the die hard fans there but it showed how typical majority of their fans are. I wish they wouldn't have let any of them back in and they were forced to miss an awesome game.
This is pretty much it. Miami fans are just awful for every sport. I was reading things during the game that had fans saying they can't wait until Lebron leaves. What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Also traffic is really really bad.
As opposed to traffic leaving a sporting event in every major city in the country...

Fans leave early from most sporting events, usually to "beat" traffic. But what we saw in Miami last night takes the cake.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we stop acting like every team doesn't have fans that do this ****? Honestly, it's like some of you will find any excuse to **** on the Heat.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was kidding, mostly. But it's worse than most places because of the location.

Not trying to justify those people leaving, they're ******* morons, just saying.

Also please understand what the word majority means. There are a lot of **** Miami fans, but it's not a majority of them.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-19-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not like there was a huge amount of people who left either. It was a small percentage. That place was pretty rockin' after the LeBron and Allen threes. I guess I'll just never understand why people obsess over others' fandom.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was kidding, mostly. But it's worse than most places because of the location.

Not trying to justify those people leaving, they're ******* morons, just saying.

Also please understand what the word majority means. There are a lot of **** Miami fans, but it's not a majority of them.
I would argue it's the majority. Obviously I don't live in the area, but when it's a recurring theme that the attendance for all your city's sports teams is continually in the bottom half of the league it's not the exception.

Miami sports fans are well known to be fair weather and oblivious even when they have good teams. Not saying they all are, but a pretty true generalization. Just like the majority of Cub fans are idiots that go to games just to get drunk during the day.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
It's not like there was a huge amount of people who left either. It was a small percentage. That place was pretty rockin' after the LeBron and Allen threes. I guess I'll just never understand why people obsess over others' fandom.
Because it's fun to make fun of dumb people. I do it all the time with Cub fans and Iowa fans, because they are mostly all idiots.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

$41k for a sideline seat tomorrow. Standing room only is $420.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-19-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
$41k for a sideline seat tomorrow. Standing room only is $420.
I'm sure they'll attract a ton of fans at those prices.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a buddy that went to the clincher in last years Finals. I bet he would just about kill to be going to Game 7 this year.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not into basketball, but either it goes to show you how hard it really is to win a championship, with 3 great players or that Pop and Duncan and Parker, are really just that damn good.

Shouldn't say 3 great players, they were considered 'great players' the first year together and should have won, rather than the no chemistry bs. This should be their 3rd ring. Well actually its 1 great player, 1 injury prone star, and average guy who people shouldn't bring into conversation.

Being good on crappy teams really makes you look great, Bosh lucked out.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Not into basketball, but either it goes to show you how hard it really is to win a championship, with 3 great players or that Pop and Duncan and Parker, are really just that damn good.

Shouldn't say 3 great players, they were considered 'great players' the first year together and should have won, rather than the no chemistry bs. This should be their 3rd ring. Well actually its 1 great player, 1 injury prone star, and average guy who people shouldn't bring into conversation.

Being good on crappy teams really makes you look great, Bosh lucked out.
I know it's mostly their own fault, but the expectations placed on the Heat are kind of ridiculous. This "should" be their 3rd ring? Does anyone think the '11-'13 Heat are better than the '00-'02 Lakers or '96-'98 Bulls? Three in a row is asking a ton. If they win tomorrow, 3 Finals and 2 Championships in three years is pretty damn impressive.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know it's mostly their own fault, but the expectations placed on the Heat are kind of ridiculous. This "should" be their 3rd ring? Does anyone think the '11-'13 Heat are better than the '00-'02 Lakers or '96-'98 Bulls? Three in a row is asking a ton. If they win tomorrow, 3 Finals and 2 Championships in three years is pretty damn impressive.
I agree, it is impressive if they win tomorrow and going for 3 years in a row is amazing.

But the ridiculous expectations were to be expected when you make a 60 min decision on TV for which team to sign with.

That 00-02 Lakers team was really good.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Yes, it basically is their own fault for the whole charade they put on before ever playing a game together, and then the whole "Not 1, not 2, etc." comment was ridiculous.

But besides that, in today's NBA the Heat have the most talent. It might be primarily all in 3 players, and some in a couple other players, but the talent is there. Without taking into account learning to play together, on pure talent alone, there is no reason the Heat should struggle as much as they do sometimes. Part of that is also the **** supporting cast they assembled in the first year because they thought Lebron/Wade/Bosh would play 48 mins each and combine to score 100 pts a game.

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 06-19-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Pierce. Nobody has even seen Wilt play, so he doesn't count. lol.

Nah, but really... I didn't know that about Wilt. Gotta bump Kansas up to 2 good players in their history.

Next year will at least double that success though. Andrew Wiggins, Wayne Selden and Jo Jo Embiid should pan out. Those guys are studs.

Nobody has seen Wilt play, really? Jo Jo White, the great Celtic guard, was from Kansas but as you say nobody ever saw him play either.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Oh man, u knew Pop was gonna be epic in that press conference, and he was!
Loved all the softball questions, why didn't you foul, how did Chris Anderson play........real hard hitting journalism there.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote