Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 06-19-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
I hate that nickname.

For the record, since a lot of people have been raising the upper body build, Ton Brady was a skinny kid coming out of college. It was one of the knocks against him.

Just sayin

J
Except that Brady was 6'4"+ with room to grow.

This kid is skinny AND short. Not a good combination. If you're short, you basically have to be built like brick wall - i.e. Russell Wilson.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
Except that Brady was 6'4"+ with room to grow.

This kid is skinny AND short. Not a good combination. If you're short, you basically have to be built like brick wall - i.e. Russell Wilson.

Manziel isn't skinny. He's over 200#. He doesn't have pipes for arms like Russell Wilson, but Manziel's issue is his overall stature; he's just not that big.

Russell Wilson is 10# heavier than Manziel, not really a huge difference IMO.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Think it might actually be closer to 20, and he's 2 or 3 inches shorter. There's definitely a significant difference in build. Wilson's built almost like Marshawn. He's put on more muscle in the offseason and plans to play around 215#.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 06-19-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Think it might actually be closer to 20, and he's 2 or 3 inches shorter. There's definitely a significant difference in build. Wilson's built almost like Marshawn. He's put on more muscle in the offseason and plans to play around 215#.
It's not just the size but the ever increasing character concerns surrounding him at this point.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Manziel isn't skinny. He's over 200#. He doesn't have pipes for arms like Russell Wilson, but Manziel's issue is his overall stature; he's just not that big.

Manziel supposedly added 10-15 lbs in the offseason which puts him close to where Robert Griffin was coming out. The size thing is being overblown i think.

Johnny just needs to concentrate on not doing anything too stupid for the next 6 months then take his game to the NFL. Some of what is said is probably not representative of who he is but just shut the pie hole and then get paid.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he needs to grow a few inches.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Manziel supposedly added 10-15 lbs in the offseason which puts him close to where Robert Griffin was coming out. The size thing is being overblown i think.
Pounds of ego don't count.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

russell wilson was also a 5 year starter lol, what a horrible comparison.

Ty Detmer, its uncanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
FootballFreak
Rookie

FootballFreak hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We need to wait to see how he plays this year
FootballFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFreak View Post
Nope, not gonna to do it. I'm forming a concrete opinion on him right now and will ignore anything between now and when he gets drafted.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Hogan, RS Soph. This kid is going to be a stud. Whether he comes out this year or next, I think talent wise and intangible wise, is right behind Bridgewater as the #2 Draft eligible QB prospect right now. Just not sure if he's ready to make the jump after the 2013 season.

Yet we all talk about Manziel.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Kevin Hogan, RS Soph. This kid is going to be a stud. Whether he comes out this year or next, I think talent wise and intangible wise, is right behind Bridgewater as the #2 Draft eligible QB prospect right now. Just not sure if he's ready to make the jump after the 2013 season.

Yet we all talk about Manziel.
Hogan definitely should not come out unless he explodes this year.

He was good, but he needed time to develop. He's not even close to NFL ready.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He definitely "flashes" it though.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:35 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
He definitely "flashes" it though.
If you mean Hogan, I was on him last year. I definitely think he could be a top 15 QB down the road. I just don't think it's smart to think he'll leave a RS Sophomore. I would expect him to stay to at least his Jr year. Maybe Sr.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hogan needs a lot more starts. He only really played 6 games in his career. He did show some nice flashes though. He is very mobile, has a good arm, good size, and was scrappy. It was night and day when he took over for Nunes. Hogan's delivery needs work. It should be interesting to see him develop without the TE's and WRs who departed.

I honestly think if he was the starter all year Stanford would have been in the national title discussion. Nunes had bad timing and had to see a guy open before pulling the trigger. He killed so many drives.

hogan please stay as long as you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Hogan needs a lot more starts. He only really played 6 games in his career. He did show some nice flashes though. He is very mobile, has a good arm, good size, and was scrappy. It was night and day when he took over for Nunes. Hogan's delivery needs work. It should be interesting to see him develop without the TE's and WRs who departed.

I honestly think if he was the starter all year Stanford would have been in the national title discussion. Nunes had bad timing and had to see a guy open before pulling the trigger. He killed so many drives.

hogan please stay as long as you can.
No doubt he needs time. Obviously, don't think he declares, but I see NFL Stud potential in him. Top 10 pick in 2015.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to put forth my opinion prior to the season that Manziel is not a star caliber NFL QB. He has a ceiling of Jeff Garcia, a floor of Troy Smith, but likely somewhere in the middle closer to Bruce Gradkowski or Seneca Wallace
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:31 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFreak View Post
what fun would that be

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
russell wilson was also a 5 year starter lol, what a horrible comparison.

Ty Detmer, its uncanny
That's even worse than Wilson. What is after horrible?

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

could be a great situational pass rusher by the way

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Bobby Layne
Rookie

Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 19m
Lots of folks here at Manning Camp seem surprised Johnny Manziel's thicker than what they expected.
Bobby Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is really skinny but he was a freshman (albeit redshirt freshman) last year. The issue is gonna be height. He's probably about 5'11". He can always add bulk - Sam Bradford and Tyler Bray were skinny as rails when they were redshirt freshmen starters, both were over 230 lbs. when they got drafted....but still Manziel probably has a frame that can hold 210 - 215 lbs. like Colt MCoy.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take it for what it's worth, but nfldraftscout reports Johnny Manziel as being 5116.

This could be dated back to a high school camp or something, not positive
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Bobby Layne
Rookie

Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...a mp/14049122
Bobby Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Layne View Post
Johnny Manziel Allegedly Dismissed from Mannings’ Camp for a Hangover

For everyone who wants to know what the links actually about.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote