Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-19-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Anthony Bennett is the best player in this draft.

Len is 2nd best.

Cousins is better than Drummond.
-No
-No
-No

You're wrong on everything, good work birthday buddy (one who didn't bother to mention me in his 20,000 post thread, THANKS A LOT NIP!).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
-No
-No
-No

You're wrong on everything, good work birthday buddy (one who didn't bother to mention me in his 20,000 post thread, THANKS A LOT NIP!).
Oh. Did I miss you in that?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just stop talking.
McLemore is trashy bro. Forget that he disappears in games and frustrates his coach so much that he had to be benched against UNC. Dude has been blowing every workout he's had. Weak motor, crappy handle, zero defense and low basketball IQ... yeah he can dunk, but he doesn't do it in traffic. He avoids contact and differs to teammates instead of looking to dominate. Tell me why he's worth a Top 5 pick. He's got bust written all over him. I'd rather have Brandon Rush.

Lamb has a better all around skillset and size.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you want to say McLemore has issues with being aggressive/avoiding contact/differing too much then that's fine, but using any of those arguments to justify Jeremy Lamb being better than him is ridiculous. Lamb was the poster child for being tentative, lackadaisical, and soft coming out, and he obviously did nothing last year to prove that he's changed.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
If you want to say McLemore has issues with being aggressive/avoiding contact/differing too much then that's fine, but using any of those arguments to justify Jeremy Lamb being better than him is ridiculous. Lamb was the poster child for being tentative, lackadaisical, and soft coming out, and he obviously did nothing last year to prove that he's changed.
Lamb is better. His time is coming. Sit back, relax and watch.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Len. I think he has great athleticism for a 7 footer and the strides he took in his game as last season went on were amazing and the reason why Maryland became so dangerous at the end of the year (along with Wells).

Whoever gets him in the top 10 is possibly getting the best player in the draft IMO. I do love Bennett as well though.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone talking about Lamb/McLemore, here's what I read that makes me want to know what's going to happen with the Thunder possibly trading up.

http://dailythunder.com/2013/06/okcs...n-jeremy-lamb/
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:19 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Len delusion just befuddles me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-19-2013, 06:50 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This years draft is just a second rate version of the 2012 draft. Noel a 2nd rate version of Anthony Davis. B-Mac a 2nd rate version of Beal(has the shooting of and better athleticism but lacks the ballhandling, passing, defending, strength, and overall court smarts of Beal). Steven Adams is a 2nd rate version of Andre Drummond. Otto Porter a 2nd rate version of MKG. KCP 2nd rate version of Terrence Ross. This draft is just so mediocre that I'd rather take in the top 5 guys like Porter, Oladipo, McCollum, guys who I know will at least be in the rotation and productive professionals.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Len delusion just befuddles me.
Agreed. Also, people still think Jeremy Lamb is going to be good?
Old 06-19-2013, 07:36 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The only team that could properly develop Noel would be Orlando. They have a big man green house that gardens the best of them. Yes, that includes Ben Wallace. We just like to ship them off after they blossom. :/
I actually think Ilgauskas could help develop Noel's offense a bit like he has with Tristan Thompson thus far. I also think his offensive shortcomings are a bit overblown. I think he'd be fine here.

Again, from what I have heard it's not the ACL that's the issue here it's his growth plate injury he suffered as a sophomore. He visits on the 20th so we will know more then. I really really hope he isn't red-flagged.

Random side note: I think some people here are in denial about how good Drummond is or is going to be.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Agreed. Also, people still think Jeremy Lamb is going to be good?
You'd be surprised what people think. There are still some who think Melo is good.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
I actually think Ilgauskas could help develop Noel's offense a bit like he has with Tristan Thompson thus far. I also think his offensive shortcomings are a bit overblown. I think he'd be fine here.

Again, from what I have heard it's not the ACL that's the issue here it's his growth plate injury he suffered as a sophomore. He visits on the 20th so we will know more then. I really really hope he isn't red-flagged.

Random side note: I think some people here are in denial about how good Drummond is or is going to be.
Stop protecting your feelings in case the Cavs draft Noel.

Dude has scary bust potential. ...and I say that knowing the Magic might draft him if you guys pass.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Agreed, but that's a product of this draft sucking hard.
Noel obviously has a lot of room for offensive development since he doesn't do much but finish and occasionally dribble drive right now (which will be tough because nobody's going to respect his jumper). But you're basically taking him as a defender/rebounder, and that doesn't tend to go well for teams who make those kinds of picks at the top of the draft. He's absolutely a nice piece on a contender provided he's healthy and bulks up, just not a typical high draft pick.

Last edited by derza222 : 06-19-2013 at 04:43 PM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is one guy you see falling the most?
Old 06-19-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Who is one guy you see falling the most?
Depending on where people expect him to go I think Olynyk could be in for a tumble. Shabazz has a really wide range. Whoever doesn't go high of Len/Bennett will probably slip a bit and I could see McLemore/Burke going later than expected too, but all of those guys are almost certainly going top ten still.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Noel obviously has a lot of room for offensive development since he doesn't do much but finish and occasionally dribble drive right now (which will be tough because nobody's going to respect his jumper). But you're basically taking him as a defender/rebounder, and that doesn't tend to go well for teams who make those kinds of picks at the top of the draft. He's absolutely a nice piece on a contender provided he's healthy and bulks up, just not a typical high draft pick.
Nice pick for a contender... kinda like Hasheem Thabeet for OKC?

Thabeet was thought of as a defender/rebounder and got taken #2 overall in '09.

Thabeet was 267 pounds though. Noel at 208... yikes.

http://nbadraft.net/players/hasheem-thabeet
Old 06-19-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Not sure if you like this news LL...

Quote:
Kurt Helin ‏@basketballtalk 1h
Report: 100 percent chance Mavericks won’t keep No. 13 pick http://dlvr.it/3XlNXr
Old 06-19-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thabeet was never near Noel as a defender and was worse on offense his freshman year.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Nice pick for a contender... kinda like Hasheem Thabeet for OKC?

Thabeet was thought of as a defender/rebounder and got taken #2 overall in '09.

Thabeet was 267 pounds though. Noel at 208... yikes.

http://nbadraft.net/players/hasheem-thabeet
Thabeet is an example of why I was questioning teams going for a defender/shot blocker early, but I'd be very surprised if Noel busts like that because he translates a lot better. Thabeet was an enormous guy who was able to use his size to his advantage in college but was unable to against bigger and better athletes. Noel is a talented shot blocker, a very good athlete with exceptional timing, and is productive getting steals as well. Like I said I have plenty of questions about Noel too, but I think the Thabeet comp is unfair.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Noel almost had as many assists as Thabeet did in 100 games in 24, and had 12 more steals. He's also FAR more athletic, a better shotblocker, a more fluid finisher, and has a more natural overall game. Noel would have been the second best player in last year's draft at worst (behind Davis), and is being incredibly underrated by some.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-19-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Noel almost had as many assists as Thabeet did in 100 games in 24, and had 12 more steals. He's also FAR more athletic, a better shotblocker, a more fluid finisher, and has a more natural overall game. Noel would have been the second best player in last year's draft at worst (behind Davis), and is being incredibly underrated by some.
I can't like him in the Top 3, but I still think he's worth a Top 10 pick on.

Do you project Noel at PF or C?
Old 06-19-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

What do you guys think of the comparison between Noel and Joakim Noah?
Old 06-19-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I can't like him in the Top 3, but I still think he's worth a Top 10 pick on.

Do you project Noel at PF or C?
I think he will definitely wind up at C.

Quote:
What do you guys think of the comparison between Noel and Joakim Noah?
Noel is way more athletic and is flat out the better prospect. Whether Noel can master the nuances of NBA D and bulk up is TBD though.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stop protecting your feelings in case the Cavs draft Noel.

Dude has scary bust potential. ...and I say that knowing the Magic might draft him if you guys pass.
I'm not protecting my feelings. I understand the risk he carries as a prospect but all I hear is how pathetic his offense is but he's fine with the P-N-R and he has a little baby hook shot with both hands. I'm not saying he's some good scorer but he has **** to work with. I'm aware of how he can bust but he has more talent and potential than anyone else.

And seriously, if Tristan Thompson can begin to look somewhat competent offensively anyone can.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote