Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-14-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kanye's albums always require a few listens but my initial impression is Yeezus is pretty damn good. Very different, progressive sound obviously. The production is phenomenal as to be expected (and somewhat reminiscent of Death Grips if you ask me). I've just accepted that Kanye is more of a music-maker than a rapper so I don't really care as much about the quality of his lyrics anymore because they're pretty much just a piece of a bigger piece of music rather than the focal point like it is in most 'rap'.

And as much as I enjoy the sound of the album right now, Bound 2 is actually easily my favorite track which is kinda funny because it's the only track with that old throwback Kanye soul feel. Listened to that track a good 10+ times already haha.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Kanye's albums always require a few listens but my initial impression is Yeezus is pretty damn good. Very different, progressive sound obviously. The production is phenomenal as to be expected (and somewhat reminiscent of Death Grips if you ask me). I've just accepted that Kanye is more of a music-maker than a rapper so I don't really care as much about the quality of his lyrics anymore because they're pretty much just a piece of a bigger piece of music rather than the focal point like it is in most 'rap'.

And as much as I enjoy the sound of the album right now, Bound 2 is actually easily my favorite track which is kinda funny because it's the only track with that old throwback Kanye soul feel. Listened to that track a good 10+ times already haha.
this is the key. I have stopped judging his music based on lyrics, and started judging it on the product as a whole.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
this is the key. I have stopped judging his music based on lyrics, and started judging it on the product as a whole.
I mostly agree. Judge the music that way but you can't necessarily judging the individuals ability by looking at the piece as a whole. Kanye's different in the sense that he is the one in charge of producing and composing his music. Tough to know how involved a lot of rappers in the composition of the track/album and whether it's their project or just a collection of someone else's beats they're rapping over.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I completely disagree.

He crafts and produces amazing atmosphere. He dumbs it down with toilet lyrics.

The man is capable of writing lyrics to match the quality of the song. I don't know why he seems lazy with his lyrics any more. Or he's just so utterly lost in his own fame that he doesn't give an eff.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It only took me one time through to love Yeezus. But then again I've loved everything he's done other than 808's so take that fwiw. Favorite tracks so far are I'm in It and Bound 2.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I completely disagree.

He crafts and produces amazing atmosphere. He dumbs it down with toilet lyrics.

The man is capable of writing lyrics to match the quality of the song. I don't know why he seems lazy with his lyrics any more. Or he's just so utterly lost in his own fame that he doesn't give an eff.
The production of his music far outweighs what he's capable of lyrically. He's a music producer first. He wouldn't have gotten this big if he didn't make beats for Jay-Z in the first place.

Last edited by Docta : 06-15-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Hova album July 4th. Just announced during the basketball game.

Already technically went platinum because Samsung bought a million copies that they're going to give out to people three days early if you buy the new Galaxy. Jay really does have this business **** down.

Last edited by yo123 : 06-16-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
The production of his music far outweighs what he's capable of lyrically. He's a music producer first. He wouldn't have gotten this big if he didn't make beats for Jay-Z in the first place.
True. But that doesn't mean he has to dumb-down his lyrics. He's capable of much better. His production would be even more incredible if it surrounded the best lyrics he is capable of.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

This dropped over 2 years ago but they finally released a video...

Old 06-18-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
True. But that doesn't mean he has to dumb-down his lyrics. He's capable of much better. His production would be even more incredible if it surrounded the best lyrics he is capable of.
I guess this is kinda contrary to the way a lot of people felt about the album but I really liked it at first but am actually liking it progressively less for the reasons. I know what I said earlier about music-maker vs. lyricist but the lyrics, message, and autotune stuff are just so bad it's hard for me to appreciate the work more or as much the more I listen to it.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
It only took me one time through to love Yeezus. But then again I've loved everything he's done other than 808's so take that fwiw. Favorite tracks so far are I'm in It and Bound 2.
Finally got a chance to listen through the CD. I'm still on the fence on this one.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
i liked 808s...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
i liked 808s...
Yeah I know a lot of people did. I was never on board.

As for Yeezus I can totally see why some people don't like it. He may have rushed it a little bit and while he usually has about 10 or so lines per album that make me laugh out loud, I didn't really get that this time. Still though, the production was dope and that's probably 70% of what I'm looking for from a Kanye album.

Also it's only like 40 minutes long which is pretty weak.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

On another note, anyone else actually kinda feeling Mac Miller's new album? Way different than the bro-rap stuff he's put out previously.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They played Black Skinhead on Sirius hiphop station the other day and it got blasted pretty bad afterwards.

Haven't had a listen of Mac Miller's new stuff yet.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 06-18-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
They played Black Skinhead on Sirius hiphop station the other day and it got blasted pretty bad afterwards.
"I keep it 300 like the Romans". What?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
"I keep it 300 like the Romans". What?
You would think someone in the studio would have been like "heyyyy man...just uh...wanted you to know that it was the Spartans...ya know?"....but nope, no one said **** to him lol.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 06-19-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love everything on Yeezus except for Bound 2, which I hated.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESGN is out now so nothing else really matters at this point.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
ESGN is out now so nothing else really matters at this point.
Eastside Moonwalker is so good

Old 06-21-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Old 06-25-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Old 06-25-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Wish Rock The Bells wasn't so expensive. The line-up is ****** incredible:

I'd pay to see over half that list, there's maybe 10 artists I wouldn't pay for on that list. I might just have to save up and go

Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ewww indicudi.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Ewww indicudi.
yea wasn't a big fan, but it was better than WZRD and Man on the Moon 2