Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 06-13-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious, do you guys see the fact that guys most fans have probably never heard of are performing "well" (the best of the group) at WR is a good thing or a bad thing?
Old 06-13-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just curious, do you guys see the fact that guys most fans have probably never heard of are performing "well" (the best of the group) at WR is a good thing or a bad thing?
The good play of Sudfeld and Fells I was just chalking up to the fact that they're getting a lot of the reps that Gronk and Hernandez would be getting if they weren't injured. In addition to those guys Aaron Dobson, Mark Harrison, and Josh Boyce have all been working out with the strength and conditioning coach during the latest practices not with the team. So I think that's why Kenbrell Thompkins and Kamar Aiken to a lesser extent have had opportunities to stand out.

Jenkins and Amendola have been practicing and there's a good chance they are 2 of the top 3 wide receivers. I wouldn't be surprised if Thompkins is a break out guy and gets in that top 3, but would expect it more from a healthy Dobson.

Last edited by Jcn92 : 06-14-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:06 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
The good play of Sudfeld and Fells I was just chalking up to the fact that they're getting a lot of the reps that Gronk and Hernandez would be getting if they weren't injured. In addition to those guys Aaron Dobson, Mark Harrison, and Josh Boyce have all been working out with the strength and conditioning coach during the latest practices not with the team. So I think that's why Kenbrell Thompkins and Kamar Aiken to a lesser extent have had opportunities to stand out.

Jenkins and Amendola have been practicing and there's a good chance they are 2 of the top 3 wide receivers. I wouldn't be surprised if Thompkins is a break out guy and gets in that top 3, but would expect it more from a healthy Dobson.
From what I have been seeing it is obvious Amendola is the best of the lot and is as advertised, but we knew that was the case and it's all about being healthy for him.

Jenkins, if he makes the team, is likely going to be that solid Jabar Gaffney type player in the system, Aiken and Thompson are getting the reps though as JCN said. I think Dobson has flashed but it's going to take some time. I am going to start worrying about Boyce if talk of his foot goes into training camp because then I would bet money he gets IR'd.

Overall I would be happy with a group of Amendola, Jenkins, Edelman, Dobson, Boyce and one of the other guys to come through, likely Aiken though Thompson has made a case so far. Although if they feel a guy like Collie is healthy then I am all for it.

Sudfeld is an interesting case actually. He didn't really play until his 6th year but has prototypical size, is a great blocker and has soft hands. That isn't a recipe for an UDFA. He has a great chance to take a spot from Fells or Hooman IMO. Or, BB could go full troll and carry 6 or 7 TEs

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm worried Dobson isn't doing anything noteworthy whatsoever yet. A play here or there would make me happy, but overall theyve reported hes just had drops and made a catch or two in traffic. Ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dobson needs to sign so he can get in camp and work on a rapport with Brady.

He'll stop dropping passes when he gets used to catching the ball. He didn't have many drops in college, so there is no reason for him to have drops in the pros.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not related to play on the field, but I found this interesting none the less. Apparently Vladimir Putin stole Robert Kraft's Super Bowl ring.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whelp apparently Jvig was correct. The Hernandez news pretty much seals the deal on an awful offseason.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahahahahahaha I can't even fathom how this offseason is going to get worse, but its going to.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

With all of the TE problems... should the Patriots trade for Kevin Garnett?
Old 06-18-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is not even a suspect, he is just being questioned by police.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:58 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
He is not even a suspect, he is just being questioned by police.
Based off of some stories I've heard about Hernandez I'm going to remain worried. He's always come across as an idiot, but never as a malicious idiot. Still it wouldn't surprise me if he's eventually implicated in some way.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The reports are completely conflicting. Some do say he isn't a suspect, others say he is. Either way this really is just another unnecessary distraction for this team that we don't need

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-19-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, our opening day skill position starters (after Amendola gets hurt of course) are going to be:

WR: Michael Jenkins
WR: Kamar Aiken
TE: Daniel Fells
TE: Jake Ballard

I'm just waiting on Ridley and Vereen to get hurt so we can start Blount as well. I am so glad we play in the CFL and not the NFL

Old 06-19-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah it doesn't look like Dobson is going to crack the starting lineup this year, which is a HUGE disappointment for me. I understand our offense is complex, but it really would have helped his development if he could get quality playing time through his first year with Brady. With Boyce's injury keeping him out of practice, I can't imagine he'll make any significant contributions either. If Hernandez gets locked up, and Gronk isn't healthy......****.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-19-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...and Tim Tebow in 3...2...1...
Old 06-20-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The downfall of our AFC east supremacy is ending quicker than I could have ever anticipated. ****.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-20-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is just sad. We don't know everything yet, but it looks like a classic case of someone with everything in front of them just throwing it all away.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

It's ok, it's not like we just signed him to a 7 year contract or anything.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah...hopefully it doesn't come to that, but will one of our many contractual experts want to tell me what happens if Hernandez spends some or all of those years in the big house?

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Yeah...hopefully it doesn't come to that, but will one of our many contractual experts want to tell me what happens if Hernandez spends some or all of those years in the big house?
I'm pretty sure we would still have to release him, and have the dead money hit our cap. $12 million in dead money if we do that, and we probably don't have the flexibility to do it this year.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
y'all will be fine as long as hernandez doesn't suddenly reveal that belichick drove and brady was the gunman.
With the way this offseason has been going........

And to follow that, Tebow would probably start over Mallet when Brady gets incarcerated, because ask anyone, he just winz gamez.

And the devil has come to inform us our contract with him is up.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-20-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
The downfall of our AFC east supremacy is ending quicker than I could have ever anticipated. ****.
look at your competition. you guys will be fine
Old 06-20-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
look at your competition. you guys will be fine
Buffalo.....child please. NY, not concerned. Miami, could make it interesting. Who knows. I just don't see how we plan on being a top tier team once Danny goes down and Brady has no one to throw to, and teams march all up and down the field on our defense.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-21-2013, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pro Football talk is reporting Hernandez will be arrested for obstruction of justice. I suppose the news could be worse, but with a good lawyer he probably won't see jail time (I'm guessing, no idea really.) An NFL suspension is surely to follow though.

Edit: This is of course presuming he's innocent and 'only' guilty of being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Last edited by Blackluck : 06-21-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:16 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I'm thinking this is a way out for him. Time to become cooperative and try to plea the charges. If he basically tells them what he knows (although this is all assuming he didn't pull the trigger) then with good lawyers he may only see a small jail term.

Goodell will come down hard on him, although it's kind of an unprecedented case as far as Goodell is concerned so what the suspension will be is unknown.