Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the "police stand by the fact that Hernandez is NOT listed as a suspect."

That's because they rarely do that. It's common to not name a suspect simply so they can say just that.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:13 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless they find the weapon with Hernandez's fingerprints and the other 2 guys testify that he did it, it will be almost impossible for him to be charged of murder. Everything now for that case is circumstantial.

The obstruction one, to me, seems an open and shut case. The only thing that could save him (so to speak as he will still likely see jail time) is cooperating with the police and telling them what he knows (providing of course he didn't pull the trigger)

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Unless they find the weapon with Hernandez's fingerprints and the other 2 guys testify that he did it, it will be almost impossible for him to be charged of murder. Everything now for that case is circumstantial.

The obstruction one, to me, seems an open and shut case. The only thing that could save him (so to speak as he will still likely see jail time) is cooperating with the police and telling them what he knows (providing of course he didn't pull the trigger)
He can be charged as an accessory after the fact and still face a lot of jailtime.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
He can be charged as an accessory after the fact and still face a lot of jailtime.
True, but if he makes a deal to cooperate that can be one of the terms of the deal that he doesn't face those charges. Obviously the information that is coming out is not all the police have, but the fact there hasn't been an arrest for murder yet indicates they don't have enough to tie one specific person for it. Generally prosecutors will waive or reduce charges on lesser participants if they give up information that can lead to a successful conviction. I don't think anyone wants to charge 3 people will obstruction of justice/accessory etc but fail to get a murder conviction

Old 06-21-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
True, but if he makes a deal to cooperate that can be one of the terms of the deal that he doesn't face those charges. Obviously the information that is coming out is not all the police have, but the fact there hasn't been an arrest for murder yet indicates they don't have enough to tie one specific person for it. Generally prosecutors will waive or reduce charges on lesser participants if they give up information that can lead to a successful conviction. I don't think anyone wants to charge 3 people will obstruction of justice/accessory etc but fail to get a murder conviction
All true, but you can bet they're pressuring the other guys to roll on Hernandez, just the same.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:43 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
All true, but you can bet they're pressuring the other guys to roll on Hernandez, just the same.
Oh yeah, but Hernandez will also have the better representation. Either way I don't see him avoiding jail time totally, I definitely don't see him playing in 2013 and I would be very surprised if he played another down for the Pats. Getting barred from Gillette Stadium is just the starting point for club reprisals against him

Old 06-21-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd still be quite surprised if they don't recover the data from the hard drive that was in that security system. Most people have no idea how to actually render a hard drive platter unreadable. It's probably just a matter of shipping it off to a lab that handles forensic data recovery.

Last edited by WCH : 06-21-2013 at 08:53 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
And I'd be willing to bet their public defenders don't have nearly the skill or clout as Michael Fee.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I'd still be quite surprised if they don't recover the data from the hard drive that was in that security system. Most people have no idea how to actually render a hard drive platter unreadable. It's probably just a matter of shipping it off to a lab that handles forensic data recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That look on his face when he is pumping gas just screams guilt to me. Obviously I am basing that off nothing, but the look on his face says "Oh ****, I am ******." Part of me really believes he is just an idiot and let can't break ties with his Connecticut (WTF) gangbanger friends, the other part of me thinks he is an idiot with a serious ****** up side and doesn't quite realize that his dumbass actions have consequences and they will catch up to him eventually.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
yup. hitting 'format' or highlighting some files and hitting 'delete' doesn't really do anything, presuming the system used platter HDDs. SSDs would present possible problems. a large EM pulse would probably do the trick for either, but something tells me hernandez isn't *that* into security.
Yeah the only thing that can really destroy a HDD is acid. Something tells me he didn't dispose of it in a vat of acid.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even NFL choir boy Marvin Harrison is alleged to have blazed someone in Philly, but it's never been proven.
One of Harrison's friends said the victim was a gang member that threatened him and Harrison on multiple occasions. Of course, that might have been a lie.

If Hernandez walks, the next headline after that will be "Bengals sign Aaron Hernandez." He'll be competing with rookie Tyler Eifert for the starting spot opposite Jermaine Gresham.

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 06-21-2013 at 09:42 AM.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Yeah the only thing that can really destroy a HDD is acid. Something tells me he didn't dispose of it in a vat of acid.
I don't know Florida offers advanced course work in evidence tampering to preserve a professional career.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
I don't know Florida offers advanced course work in evidence tampering to preserve a professional career.
The Patriots and NFL offer graduate courses when it pertains to video tapes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have any full theories here about what all really happened?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-warrant-yet/

Yay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the punishment for obstruction of justice usually? Probation or jail time? Both perhaps?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...atened-welker/

Quote:
Stories continue to accumulate about the signs in Aaron Hernandez’s background, stories that paint a more complete if complicated picture about his character.

And according to the Boston Globe, he flashed a temper and made threats to one of the Patriots’ respected veterans within days of arriving for work.

In an anecdote near the bottom of a longer report, it was mentioned that Hernandez was at the team facility trying to watch film, when he grew frustrated at not being able to operate the equipment. Wide receiver Wes Welker walked by, Hernandez asked for help, and Welker replied: “Rookie, you figure it out.”

According to the report, Hernandez “responded with expletives.”

The Globe being a family publication, didn’t expound, but one of their reporters did on Twitter.

According to Shalise Manza Young, Hernandez’s reply was “f— you Wes, I’ll f— you up!“

While rookies getting their backs up with veterans is not an uncommon act, the threat within a few days of being drafted was unusual, and as was noted, it was not said in a joking manner.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
I don't really see a problem with a "threat", but if he had trouble with that equipment, probably can't delete stuff off the the other equipment properly
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...-for-hernandez

Legal perspective on Hernandez's options, and it isnt as bleak as I originally thought unless something drastically changes in what we know currently. I say fight it cause right now all the reasons they are going to charge you with obstruction is all circumstantial at this point. If a deal is made to give him immunity, then I'd say take it but otherwise I feel like its not going to be easy to make a case proving that the destruction of these devices was in conjunction with the murder (at least with the information that has been reported, its probable they have something more than that if they plan on prosecuting/arresting/charging him for obstruction)

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a ton of more evidence that will come out, plus there are 2 other thugz involved here who will give their version of the murder.

4 guys entered. 1 left dead. 3 left alive. Sentence all 3 to life, unless on an NFL roster? Then hit with probation?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

If there was more evidence right now, he wouldnt be getting charged with obstruction.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-21-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
THis is the point.

If surveillance footage shows the victim entering Hernandez's house and NEVER walking out again, hours before he's found dead, the prosecution doesn't need a murder weapon and everyone who was in the house can be charged as an accessory to murder.

Finding a gun with fingerprints is irrelevant.

I don't see this ending well for Hernandez at all.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are also checking the surveillance systems of the neighbors, so even if Hernandez' is destroyed effectively, their may still be neighbors that caught something
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
Psh, Wes would wipe the floor with Hernandez.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote