Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-17-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Don is just a hurricane of chaos and destruction. I feel bad for Ted for getting in his path. This season has shown just how petty Don can be.
Maybe it's because I'm a Don-pologist but I don't really think he really was in the wrong with Ted and Peggy. If it was Don who was "in love" with someone he was working with and was putting other people in a bad position for selfish reasons (Ted making Don promise he wouldn't go after Sunkist) and potentially hurting the business, we'd be giving props to the person who put him in his place. I mean we know enough about Don to know he didn't do it with the purest of intentions but I don't think his actual actions were out of line.

Anyway, really looking forward to the finale. Something's gotta break. Ever since the merger it feels like there's been a slow gradual build up on a couple fronts to something big happening.

Last edited by TACKLE : 06-17-2013 at 03:33 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know nothing about guns so I just assumed Ken got his face blown off in the opening scenes and just laughed and said what the ****.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* loved that episode. Don is such a fascinating character. He is unhappy so he must make others unhappy. That scene in the boardroom at the end of the episode had me screaming what the **** at my computer. Loved it.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I ******* loved that episode. Don is such a fascinating character. He is unhappy so he must make others unhappy. That scene in the boardroom at the end of the episode had me screaming what the **** at my computer. Loved it.
Honestly, it had me chuckling. I love when Don is a subtle asshole.

Also, I know he didn't do anything wrong at all but **** off Glen. You're just the worst.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Honestly, it had me chuckling. I love when Don is a subtle asshole.

Also, I know he didn't do anything wrong at all but **** off Glen. You're just the worst.
I loved everything involving Sally last episode. I mean she is a great character but last episode in particular I thought everything going on with her was perfect.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This part had me dying when I watched it yesterday. I was not expecting him to act like a baby when Ted asked him to.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post

This part had me dying when I watched it yesterday. I was not expecting him to act like a baby when Ted asked him to.
Totally out of Don's character to humor Ted with such a goofy request. It had to be part of Don's veiled attempts to appear cooperative and not like he was engaging in sabotage behind the scenes.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Season finale tonight. What are all your predictions?

Lots of talk about Megan being murdered/dying. I could see that and it would further strain the relationship between Sally and Don but I am not sure Don gets an easy out like that. I think it's more likely that a nasty divorce is ahead.

Something is going down with Pete tonight as I also think the whole Bob Benson situation will blow up.

Something big is going to happen with Peggy too I think, very likely involving Don. If I am not mistaken next season is the last season so **** is going to go down tonight just to set the next season up. I can't wait. This show is brilliant.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Season finale tonight. What are all your predictions?

Lots of talk about Megan being murdered/dying. I could see that and it would further strain the relationship between Sally and Don but I am not sure Don gets an easy out like that. I think it's more likely that a nasty divorce is ahead.

Something is going down with Pete tonight as I also think the whole Bob Benson situation will blow up.

Something big is going to happen with Peggy too I think, very likely involving Don. If I am not mistaken next season is the last season so **** is going to go down tonight just to set the next season up. I can't wait. This show is brilliant.
Megan's not going to die. Wouldn't make any sense and would be done to simply shock the audience and this isn't some ****** show that's gonna try to pull a stunt like that.

I like Communist's take on what might happen this last episode. Ted's wife has been complaining that he's spending too much time at work and too much time worrying about Don. He and Don have been clashing since the merger peaking with last weeks incident. Ted decides it's either him or Don and if Don doesn't leave he will. If Ted leaves, Don will get what he wants but everyone will hate Don. Seems like a Mad Men-ish thing to happen. If Don leaves, well that just opens up a whole new world of possibilities for the last season.

edit- also, I was thinking they made a lot about the name change and SC & P allows for either of them to leave without them having to go through a thing of changing the name again.

Bob Benson has developed into an awesome character. I'm still holding out hope that he is WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS and isn't just some symbolic young, rudy cool Don.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everybody dies except Bob Benson and Cutler, which leads to next season being about the tension of whether or not Bob Benson and Cutler finally get together. Also, Bobby Draper gets recasted into a full grown adult and makes it a love triangle at some point.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

This show has to end with Don broken and alone. I always hoped he would find redemption but that isn't happening.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eventually pete is gonna kill someone with that ******* gun

and the show ends with Don falling off a building and back into the pilot through a wormhole

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This show has to end with Don broken and alone. I always hoped he would find redemption but that isn't happening.
After he has sex with Bob Benson.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
[23:37] <comahan> final scene of the series is don sitting in a room with a carousel slide projector, going through images of his past and of the show, looking at everything that hes loved and lost
[23:37] <comahan> traveling back to times when he was happy, whilst also bookending the end of season 1 with the end of the final season ^_^
[23:38] <TACKLE> oh don's gonna be sad and alone in the final scene of the series for sure
[23:38] <TACKLE> or he jumps off the top of the building
[23:38] <TACKLE> in a weird way that would be satisfying
[23:39] <TACKLE> intro style
[23:39] <comahan> maybe the carousel can be the opening scene, leading to him realizing that he has literally nothing left
[23:39] <comahan> building to the jump!

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I have thought quite a bit about the show ending with him jumping. I think that would be too easy though I could be wrong because that ending makes a ton of sense. I like the idea of him looking back at everything he has loved and lost in the last scene. I my mind of I always seen him clutching a drink, getting plastered, and looking sad. I like the idea of hinting at the fact that maybe Don is finally getting it but we all know he will do his Don thing and remain completely cut off from everyone else. He is too stubborn to be a better man.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Folks, no one is dying. Not only did Matthew Weiner point-blank dismiss the idea a couple weeks ago, but the show killed a major character at the end of last season. This isn't a show that needs to kill people off to advance plot and surprise.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Also, I'm annoyed with the persistent speculation that someone will jump out a window like in the credits. That's never happening. Ever.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

people act like Lane is the only person to ever die on the show

Last edited by fenikz : 06-23-2013 at 09:28 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I posted that there is a lot of talk about Megan being killed but I said I doubt that happens. Not one person has said someone is dying this episode. Settle the **** down.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Way more likely that Megan has been having an affair of her own, probably with her agent, which has been mentioned on numerous occasions without being shown.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Way more likely that Megan has been having an affair of her own, probably with her agent, which has been mentioned on numerous occasions without being shown.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Old 06-23-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have any thoughts on Megan?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I think this finale stuck the landing for Season 6. Overall, I think it's one of the weaker seasons of the show, albeit still excellent, as all of Mad Men is.

I suspect next season will have little to no Megan, Ted or Bob Benson, which is a good thing. There's just too many characters to effectively service and this season was way too light on Joan, Ginsberg, Stan and Sally.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked season 5 more than season 6. But I thought this was a great finale, and an entertaining season. Favors and To Have and to Hold were my favorite episodes.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote