Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 06-24-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
So should I trade Ray Rice and Matt Stafford for RGIII? I can't keep Rice anyways...I guess what I'm asking is how much of an upgrade is RGIII over Stafford.
RGIII certainly looks like the high upside of the two. He's obviously going to be an injury risk every season based on his style of play but that's the scoring that wins you championships. That price is steep, though. I'm not sure I'd be happy giving another team two stud keepers without at least a throw-in type draft pick coming with Griffin. 3rd round, maybe?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think I can squeak an extra draft pick out of it. Since it's a long-term keeper league, there's only a few QBs I'd rather have than Stafford moving forward (Rodgers, Ryan, Luck, etc.). Since I already have Kaepernick and I can't get Russell Wilson, RGIII was my final trade target. That said, he's the one I'm most unsure of. I may just hold on to Stafford, and roll with Kaep, Stafford, Spiller and AJ Green as my keepers. Rice being re-drafted just means someone else will fall to me, I suppose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think I can squeak an extra draft pick out of it. Since it's a long-term keeper league, there's only a few QBs I'd rather have than Stafford moving forward (Rodgers, Ryan, Luck, etc.). Since I already have Kaepernick and I can't get Russell Wilson, RGIII was my final trade target. That said, he's the one I'm most unsure of. I may just hold on to Stafford, and roll with Kaep, Stafford, Spiller and AJ Green as my keepers. Rice being re-drafted just means someone else will fall to me, I suppose.
That's how I always look at it. Too often people think "you can't keep him so take what you can get." I'd rather let a player go back into the draft pool than sell too low and bolster another team's roster. RGIII is not a big upgrade over Stafford and certainly not worth Rice as the extra.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have Stafford in a few leagues, and I struggle with trying to upgrade him. He's capable of 5k passing yards and 40 TD's, has the best WR in the game to catch passes from him and the Lions throw the ball more then anybody else in the NFL.

I don't know that I'd be able to safely say he'll finish top 3, but other then Drew Brees I can't safely say any QB is a sizeable upgrade over him. I would rather keep him then give another team Ray Rice as a free guy even if you can't keep him. I can't say for sure RGIII is an upgrade personally, at least not yet. Stafford has #1 QB upside and has shown it more then 1 year, I would probably rather trade Rice straight up for someone that you can maybe keep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only other offer I've got for Rice is a swap of first rounders, and I'd only move up four spots. Also considering that.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We started drafting for a 12 team, IDP, .5/1/1.5 PPR (RB/WR/TE) dynasty league today. We are 19 picks in, I had picks 12 and 13 and selected WR Dez Bryant and TE Jimmy Graham. I don't pick again until 36 and 37, and the guy with the 20th pick might be willing to deal it. If the price is right, would it be smart to make a move to lock up Rob Gronkowski as well? We have to start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, FLEX, K, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB.

BPAs: Harvin, Gronk, Forte, Wilson, Fitzgerald, Nicks, Cruz... all QB's except for Rodgers.

I realize that I'll be thin for now at RB, but the 1.5 PPR bonus for TE's will be a big advantage for Graham and Gronk. If Gronk is healthy and back to his old ways I imagined I'd be able to trade on of them for a RB during the season. It also should be noted that I have the 1.1, 2.1, 3.1, 4.1, and 5.1 picks in the rookie draft (which is separate from the vet only draft we are doing now).
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
We started drafting for a 12 team, IDP, .5/1/1.5 PPR (RB/WR/TE) dynasty league today. We are 19 picks in, I had picks 12 and 13 and selected WR Dez Bryant and TE Jimmy Graham. I don't pick again until 36 and 37, and the guy with the 20th pick might be willing to deal it. If the price is right, would it be smart to make a move to lock up Rob Gronkowski as well? We have to start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, FLEX, K, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB.

BPAs: Harvin, Gronk, Forte, Wilson, Fitzgerald, Nicks, Cruz... all QB's except for Rodgers.

I realize that I'll be thin for now at RB, but the 1.5 PPR bonus for TE's will be a big advantage for Graham and Gronk. If Gronk is healthy and back to his old ways I imagined I'd be able to trade on of them for a RB during the season. It also should be noted that I have the 1.1, 2.1, 3.1, 4.1, and 5.1 picks in the rookie draft (which is separate from the vet only draft we are doing now).
Sure, if you get a decent deal. Having those two is clearly a big advantage but it all depends on what you give up. The idea of taking Gronk then trading him only makes sense if you think your league mates will undervalue him based on this season's status. If you need to get up to 20(ish) to get him it doesn't sound like that is the case, though.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Sure, if you get a decent deal. Having those two is clearly a big advantage but it all depends on what you give up. The idea of taking Gronk then trading him only makes sense if you think your league mates will undervalue him based on this season's status. If you need to get up to 20(ish) to get him it doesn't sound like that is the case, though.
Thanks for the response, Elvis. Didn't get a deal worked out, but we are at pick 30 and he still hasn't been selected yet so I might not have to trade at all... Chris Johnson, Lamar Miller, and Stevan Ridley are the best RB's left on the board. Would be nice to land one of them and Gronk at 36/37. If all 3 of those RB's are gone, I'm in some trouble at the RB spot as after them the best available are Bush, SJax, and Sproles. That is earlier than I'd want to draft them.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Thanks for the response, Elvis. Didn't get a deal worked out, but we are at pick 30 and he still hasn't been selected yet so I might not have to trade at all... Chris Johnson, Lamar Miller, and Stevan Ridley are the best RB's left on the board. Would be nice to land one of them and Gronk at 36/37. If all 3 of those RB's are gone, I'm in some trouble at the RB spot as after them the best available are Bush, SJax, and Sproles. That is earlier than I'd want to draft them.
Yikes. Yes, you definitely want to leave those old fellas alone for a bit. WR/TE/QB all have far longer shelf life in dynasty, anyway. Stocking up on them instead of a RB with less than 3 years left on the tires is definitely the better move. Your rookie draft strategy simply becomes heavy RB drafting.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Yikes. Yes, you definitely want to leave those old fellas alone for a bit. WR/TE/QB all have far longer shelf life in dynasty, anyway. Stocking up on them instead of a RB with less than 3 years left on the tires is definitely the better move. Your rookie draft strategy simply becomes heavy RB drafting.
Yeah. They all just went. McFadden, too. 2 picks to go before my turn. I'll grab Gronk if he's there. Let me list the best available after that: Rodgers, Newton, Luck, and Brees are gone. All other QBs are on the board. RG3, Kaep, Brady, Ryan, Stafford... older RB's are there... Mathews is there but I can't take him right now. Not looking like a RB now. Hakeem Nicks, Jordy, Gordon, Blackmon, Wallace, Decker, Torrey Smith are some of the many WR's available.

Should I look at drafting Gronk and RG3 here, Elvis?

Edit: or Gronk and Nicks? Reggie Bush just went off the board. One more pick before I'm up.

Edit: Edit: Was able to take Gronkowski at 36. Loving that. Thought long and hard about pick 37. Forced myself to not take an older RB there... lol. Thought about all the QB's left. Went with Nicks due to his age and offensive system he plays in.

Last edited by farfromforgotten : 06-25-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Gronk & Nicks were the two I picked from your list before getting to the edit. RGIII & Kaep would be ok, too. They're much tougher to gauge though and you should still have a shot at Brady due to his age. Just add Mallett late and hope he's the heir.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok I think I'm keeping:
AJ Green (Round 2 Pick 6)
Andrew Luck (Round 9 Pick 1)

and I'm struggling with my last one.
Matt Forte at round 1 pick 7 is too expensive.
BGE at round 7 pick 6 will lose his job.
Wes Welker is around so many talented receivers at round 3 pick 7
TY Hilton was undrafted so I might keep him or Martellus Bennet at round 14 pick 2.

Any suggestions?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Ok I think I'm keeping:
AJ Green (Round 2 Pick 6)
Andrew Luck (Round 9 Pick 1)

and I'm struggling with my last one.
Matt Forte at round 1 pick 7 is too expensive.
BGE at round 7 pick 6 will lose his job.
Wes Welker is around so many talented receivers at round 3 pick 7
TY Hilton was undrafted so I might keep him or Martellus Bennet at round 14 pick 2.

Any suggestions?
I agree that Forte isn't worth the 1/7. I might even argue that Green isn't worth 2/6 since there's a chance you could draft an equivalent WR there even though Green will likely be a round 1 pick after keepers are set.

I definitely like Bennett at 14/2 and Hilton is a huge steal there if he locks up the #2 spot for Indy. Most rankings so far have Hilton with an ADP or round 8 and Bennett in 12-14. I expect Bennett's to rise as we get closer and see some preseason work. This guy stepped up as a #1 for NYG and now goes to a team with less WRs to steal targets. I like him a lot with Chicago.

If you have a long term keeper schedule (like 3 years with advancing draft position) I'd take a hard look at keeping Luck/Bennett/Hilton if you can only keep 3. If things change in camp and Bennett looks lousy or Hilton doesn't look like a lock to improve on last year's excellent rookie stats, then keep Green instead of one of them.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

AJ Green is going to go nuclear on the NFL this year. For a second round pick, that's a glorious keep.
Quote:
Old 07-01-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Need a TE in my league off the FA wire, who is the best TE out of:

Heath Miller (may not be ready week 1 or would grab him)
Martellus Bennett
Marcedes Lewis
Delanie Walker
Jared Cook
Brent Celek
Dwayne Allen
Brandon Pettigrew
Fred Davis
Jordan Cameron
Dustin Keller
Coby Fleener
Jake Ballard
Vance McDonald

At first glance I was thinking Jared Cook may be a decent find as an UDFA. Jordan Cameron could have a really good year with a TE friendly system. Ballard may have moved up to be a decent fantasy TE with Hernandez out. Dwayne Allen put up pretty good numbers as a rook, and should be playing in a more TE friendly offense this season.

Also, I will of course be trying to trade the TE I sign for a better one already on somebodys roster, so keep in mind who maynot be the best TE available, but also who has the most trade value based on perception
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Need a TE in my league off the FA wire, who is the best TE out of:

Heath Miller (may not be ready week 1 or would grab him)
Martellus Bennett
Marcedes Lewis
Delanie Walker
Jared Cook
Brent Celek
Dwayne Allen
Brandon Pettigrew
Fred Davis
Jordan Cameron
Dustin Keller
Coby Fleener
Jake Ballard
Vance McDonald

At first glance I was thinking Jared Cook may be a decent find as an UDFA. Jordan Cameron could have a really good year with a TE friendly system. Ballard may have moved up to be a decent fantasy TE with Hernandez out. Dwayne Allen put up pretty good numbers as a rook, and should be playing in a more TE friendly offense this season.

Also, I will of course be trying to trade the TE I sign for a better one already on somebodys roster, so keep in mind who maynot be the best TE available, but also who has the most trade value based on perception
Perception is probably out since they'd have been drafted if anyone thought they were worth it. Upside is king if you want to trade (or even start) the TE you grab.

Ballard is not worth it until he proves otherwise. The TE NE trades for will be, though, if the rumors are right (Clay Harbor / DJ Williams). Personally, I'd take Bennett of the bunch. Cook, Pettigrew, and Davis as the next tier. Whoever emerges for Indy would be a great add but they're both on the wire b/c nobody knows who will take over the #1 spot. I'd lean Allen but I haven't been paying a ton of attention to that yet (and there's not really much to pay attention to, honestly).

Old 07-01-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Of the ones you listed, I'd go with either Cook or Fred Davis. The former is expected to have a nice break out year for the Rams, and the latter is prime for a big bounceback season IMO (that Redskins receiver core overachieved last year, a healthy Davis will be a big part of that attack).
Quote:
Old 07-01-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Perception is probably out since they'd have been drafted if anyone thought they were worth it. Upside is king if you want to trade (or even start) the TE you grab.

Ballard is not worth it until he proves otherwise. The TE NE trades for will be, though, if the rumors are right (Clay Harbor / DJ Williams). Personally, I'd take Bennett of the bunch. Cook, Pettigrew, and Davis as the next tier. Whoever emerges for Indy would be a great add but they're both on the wire b/c nobody knows who will take over the #1 spot. I'd lean Allen but I haven't been paying a ton of attention to that yet (and there's not really much to pay attention to, honestly).
My problem with Bennett is that it's a new team, new QB and new system. I don't know enough about Trestmans philosophy yet.

Allen performed well as a rookie, and they'll run two TE sets all the time, with Allen being the inline TE.

Cook is a new team, new QB and new system, but the coach is familiar with him and should utilize him the best he can.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Of the ones you listed, I'd go with either Cook or Fred Davis. The former is expected to have a nice break out year for the Rams, and the latter is prime for a big bounceback season IMO (that Redskins receiver core overachieved last year, a healthy Davis will be a big part of that attack).
That's my biggest problem, Davis and Keller are both two guys with immense talent that have produced in the past. Davis seems to fit the Redskins scheme well, so there's upside if he can bounce back.

Pettigrew is solid but I don't know if I ever see him putting up big TE numbers.

Whats the thoughts on Jordan Cameron? Norv Turners had great history with TEs, even the ones that are filling in for Gates when he was injured.

I guess my real concern is just to grab the guy who someone else may grab thats got potential, if one of the TEs are still on FA after the first week or 2, or even preseason, I can always swap them if they show some promise
Old 07-01-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Here's the team:

QB: Matt Stafford, Josh Freeman
RB: Trent Richardson, CJ Spiller, Steven Ridley, David Wilson, Ben Tate
WR: Victor Cruz, Jordy Nelson, Dwayne Bowe, Kenny Britt, Eric Decker, Mike Wallace
TE: None
K: None
D: Rams

Should I try to trade one of the WRs for a TE? Or should I roll with one of the FA guys? I usually just roll with a FA at TE and have had pretty good luck doing so, but I've never been this loaded at WR (at least on paper we'll see how they actually play)

League is basic 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1W/R, 1TE, 1K, 1 DEF
Old 07-01-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Here's the team:

QB: Matt Stafford, Josh Freeman
RB: Trent Richardson, CJ Spiller, Steven Ridley, David Wilson, Ben Tate
WR: Victor Cruz, Jordy Nelson, Dwayne Bowe, Kenny Britt, Eric Decker, Mike Wallace
TE: None
K: None
D: Rams

Should I try to trade one of the WRs for a TE? Or should I roll with one of the FA guys? I usually just roll with a FA at TE and have had pretty good luck doing so, but I've never been this loaded at WR (at least on paper we'll see how they actually play)

League is basic 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1W/R, 1TE, 1K, 1 DEF
The problem is you don't have anyone that should be cut. You definitely need to try making a trade to get the TE. (Assuming it's 14 man rosters, which blows when you're starting 9.) The TEs on the wire should provide plenty of great options week to week but dropping any of the players you have (aside from Tate) would be a bad move and you have to open up two spots for week 1.

I expected Fred Davis to be great last year and he was not used much to start the season. He was a 5 target average with zero TDs. I want to expect more but it's tough to do so.

As for Bennett - nobody is quite sure what to expect. You sound like you have plenty of time to figure out what to do since you're looking at getting a TE to start for week 1.

Cook has all the right press but this isn't the first year that's been the case - for Cook or for the Rams. I'm not buying the hype.

Pettigrew is unexciting to me, too. But it's tough to ignore the huge offensive production. Having players on the league's top offense is never a bad thing.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The problem is you don't have anyone that should be cut. You definitely need to try making a trade to get the TE. (Assuming it's 14 man rosters, which blows when you're starting 9.) The TEs on the wire should provide plenty of great options week to week but dropping any of the players you have (aside from Tate) would be a bad move and you have to open up two spots for week 1.

I expected Fred Davis to be great last year and he was not used much to start the season. He was a 5 target average with zero TDs. I want to expect more but it's tough to do so.

As for Bennett - nobody is quite sure what to expect. You sound like you have plenty of time to figure out what to do since you're looking at getting a TE to start for week 1.

Cook has all the right press but this isn't the first year that's been the case - for Cook or for the Rams. I'm not buying the hype.

Pettigrew is unexciting to me, too. But it's tough to ignore the huge offensive production. Having players on the league's top offense is never a bad thing.
I actually have one open roster spot, it's a 15man roster. I acquired Jordy Nelson in a 2 for 1 deal, a large part of why I did it was I upgraded and opened up a roster spot.

The thought of Pettigrew does have some upside, one of them being that I already have Stafford who I'll likely start most weeks. I'm expecting Stafford to post somewhere between his 2012 and 2011 numbers. Pettigrew had his worst season since his rookie year, and 700 yds and 4-5 Tds are decent TE numbers.

I may just wait until some preseason is underway to grab my in FA, I just wanted to make sure there was no obvious choice in FA right now as to who to grab
Old 07-01-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I actually have one open roster spot, it's a 15man roster. I acquired Jordy Nelson in a 2 for 1 deal, a large part of why I did it was I upgraded and opened up a roster spot.

The thought of Pettigrew does have some upside, one of them being that I already have Stafford who I'll likely start most weeks. I'm expecting Stafford to post somewhere between his 2012 and 2011 numbers. Pettigrew had his worst season since his rookie year, and 700 yds and 4-5 Tds are decent TE numbers.

I may just wait until some preseason is underway to grab my in FA, I just wanted to make sure there was no obvious choice in FA right now as to who to grab
Gotcha. Cook probably has the best press right now. The news has him lining up everywhere including the backfield. He's an exciting option, I think. But, as I said - it's tough to count on any news about Cook and/or Rams TEs after the last few years of Cook and Kendricks hype.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Default FlyingElvis' FF $$ League

READ THIS!

I have put together a fantasy football money league and have 4-6 more teams to fill. I'm posting here first so those who spend a decent amount of time in here have first dibs on teams. Send me a PM if you're interested.

The money will all be handled via Leaguesafe.com so there's no concerns on that front. $100 per team. Full winnings and awards are listed in the bylaws section. The league site is linked below.

The Franchise! is a modified keeper league and will have some bonus scoring which should make it high scoring and a bit more fun in-season. Having a lone player on MNF could be enough to close that 30 point deficit!

The scoring is in the spoiler tag, simply because it's easier to read and understand the bonus structure there than it is on the MFL site. The league site on is http://www32.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/69576#0.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Gotcha. Cook probably has the best press right now. The news has him lining up everywhere including the backfield. He's an exciting option, I think. But, as I said - it's tough to count on any news about Cook and/or Rams TEs after the last few years of Cook and Kendricks hype.
I agree, Cooks been a breakout candidate for the past two seasons, and thus far hasn't produced consistent fantasy numbers, which is a big thing I look for in my fantasy TEs.

In my TE I want someone who's consistently going to get 5 pts a game, compared to the guy that's going to 10pts in back to back weeks and then post 0for 2 weeks to average 5 pts.

As for my WRs, which one would you be dangling as trade bait? Britt is probably the biggest risk/reward player, but he holds little true fantasy value at this point until he proves others.

That leaves me to think Mike Wallace may be the best player to dangle?