Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-16-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Origin's and EA ******* sucks can't get **** to work because apparently the I don't have the game according to Battlelog. Bought the 5 dollar one and it doesn't work so I'm like hmm maybe the maps are really limited, buy the 14.99 premium and you know what now I have to wait more hours to dl, and I tried joining a game that vidae was in becuase it is a regular one and nope still won't let me play. **** EA and Origins.

And finding a server in a web browser?!?! Terrible.
I actually love the server in the web browser, to be honest. Makes it so much easier. I don't have to launch the game and wait for it too load up in order to find servers and such. So much nicer. It took be a while to get used to it too.

I think you are failing! Origins does suck, but there shouldn't be any issue with just BF3 standard. Vidae has been playing with it fine. And yeah, if you got premium you have to DL all the expansions...and there's a lot, haha.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I paused them and tried to join Vidae's current game still says I don't have the game.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:29 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When in doubt uninstall, reinstall, restart.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He got it to work, despite being lame and failing at it.

I will probably be on later tonight. Like, 11:30ish for BF3 fest. Just have to do some homework and such for my classes, sadly.

Also got my sexy keyboard today. So nice. MX Cherry Red is wonderful. SUCK IT CAIN!
Old 06-17-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be on tonight for BF3. Just steam/origin/nfldc/text me.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's because you changed install directories. Origin can't handle that, too complicated. My friend had the same problem with BF3 when he changed the location away from his SSD and to his backup.

At least it's working now!

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the problem was so simple it was stupid I had to go in and copy the product key and register it with Origins so they know it's mine. But I will be dling the rest of the premium maps to be ready for tonight!

Old 06-17-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I'll probably be hopping on around midnight or so to play some BF3 if anyone is interested.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

BF3 if anyone is interested! Bantx and I are playing.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

BF3 time snitches! Get on!
Old 06-23-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have my PC off for 4 days and this is what happens to the PC gaming thread?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

You are all to blame, NIP.

Also, a TON of good info about DayZ. Including the fact that the Alpha will be out sometime within the week. Pretty awesome news! WOOT!

Definitely worth watching this. I'm excited for the standalone. I just love how in-depth they are about things. You have to disinfect items to avoid getting disease. Or, in order to do blood transfusions, you need to actually harvest the blood and keep it refrigerated to use. Your shoes will deteriorate based on how much you run and what surface you run on - and running without shoes on hard surfaces can cause foot damage that will result in limping and such. So much information, haha. I might do a bullet point in the DayZ thread for those interested.

I'm excited to help test the Alpha. It definitely seems like this game won't be for the weak of heart. Unfortunately, people have become sort of numb to what an alpha is (pre-beta, developmental) because of early release stuff and Minecraft, but it will be pretty buggy and they will be relying pretty heavily on people to tell them what needs to be done.

So basically: it may not be worth buying if you're just looking for it to be a super fun gameplay experience. Seems like it will be buggy, crash, be frustrating, experimental, etc. I know a lot of you were thinking of buying it but as Hall himself said, you MAY want to consider waiting until later in Alpha before purchasing.

I personally just want to hop in and help with the testing experience. I think it will be awesome. I am going to build improvised grenades and chuck them at Bantx.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:51 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
You are all to blame, NIP.

Also, a TON of good info about DayZ. Including the fact that the Alpha will be out sometime within the week. Pretty awesome news! WOOT!

Definitely worth watching this. I'm excited for the standalone. I just love how in-depth they are about things. You have to disinfect items to avoid getting disease. Or, in order to do blood transfusions, you need to actually harvest the blood and keep it refrigerated to use. Your shoes will deteriorate based on how much you run and what surface you run on - and running without shoes on hard surfaces can cause foot damage that will result in limping and such. So much information, haha. I might do a bullet point in the DayZ thread for those interested.

I'm excited to help test the Alpha. It definitely seems like this game won't be for the weak of heart. Unfortunately, people have become sort of numb to what an alpha is (pre-beta, developmental) because of early release stuff and Minecraft, but it will be pretty buggy and they will be relying pretty heavily on people to tell them what needs to be done.

So basically: it may not be worth buying if you're just looking for it to be a super fun gameplay experience. Seems like it will be buggy, crash, be frustrating, experimental, etc. I know a lot of you were thinking of buying it but as Hall himself said, you MAY want to consider waiting until later in Alpha before purchasing.

I personally just want to hop in and help with the testing experience. I think it will be awesome. I am going to build improvised grenades and chuck them at Bantx.
Depending on the price, as long as alpha purchase comes with full ownership (and maybe some extra perks with full release) I will probably still do it.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah, alpha comes will full ownership. The main different will be more of when you buy it. If you buy it this week, expect a pretty rough/basic game. If you buy it toward the end of alpha, you'll have much better luck.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Seen this a couple places but it isn't what he said :/ He said he has a "window of about a week" in terms of he knows what week he wants to release it".

For example the week of June 24th, 2013 or the week of August 5th.

Quote:
An alpha version of DayZ in its standalone form has an internal release date, but it isn't something ready to be communicated publicly yet, the game's creator Dean Hall told an audience at Rezzed.

"I guess the big question that a lot of people have is when we're actually going to get this out," said Hall, speaking at the show this weekend.

"We've set a date now - a window of about a week," he added, but wasn't ready to reveal "when that is".

Another article:
Tons of AWESOME information at Rezzed though and the discussion on reddit about items being damaged during murder/robberies is amazing. Hopefully it quells the KOS that a lot of people have.

Soooooo ready to play the wait is killing me.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW FORENCI, way to get my hopes up!

(But seriously, do that bullet point thing and I'll read it)

Old 06-24-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
WOW FORENCI, way to get my hopes up!

(But seriously, do that bullet point thing and I'll read it)
This doesn't sound vaguely familiar!

Old 06-24-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
This doesn't sound vaguely familiar!

I never said it was coming out in a week! I never said it was out at all! That is your fault!

Old 06-24-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Seen this a couple places but it isn't what he said :/ He said he has a "window of about a week" in terms of he knows what week he wants to release it".

For example the week of June 24th, 2013 or the week of August 5th.

Tons of AWESOME information at Rezzed though and the discussion on reddit about items being damaged during murder/robberies is amazing. Hopefully it quells the KOS that a lot of people have.

Soooooo ready to play the wait is killing me.
Haha, yeah, I supposed I misinterpreted it a bit. Or, maybe, knowing that they said it would be out in June and with that he said thought there was a good chance it would be out within a week or two.

I'll probably do a bullet points thing a bit later. TONS of good info like you said.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arma II Complete for 19 bucks on steam until Thursday.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:42 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Arma II Complete for 19 bucks on steam until Thursday.
If you want DayZ you can just buy the "Combined Operations" for 12 :)

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4639/
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

12 bucks is an aweomse deal, buy it people 'me, forenci, wally, and shiney will take you in under our wings and show you the way :D

Old 06-26-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
12 bucks is an aweomse deal, buy it people 'me, forenci, wally, and shiney will take you in under our wings and show you the way :D
We will show you the way! It is worth it.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

You all should get it for $12! That's a great deal. The four of us regularly play DayZ. Usually bi-nightly at the very least. DO IT YOU JERKS! WE NEED A CREW! Even after the standalone comes out I think the plan will still be to play the mod since standalone will be buggy/basic.

DO IT NAO, NIP! YOU'RE RICH NOW! Also anyone else can join in. Its super fun.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...I am debating getting this.

Damix is offline   Reply With Quote