Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-18-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.
Default Ohio State spring game

They drafted there players for the Scarlett and Grey teams today.

Very surprising, Lawrence Wilson was the first player drafted. Whats that tell you Buckeye fans out there?

Ive got tickets to the game hope to see some of you out there.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

make sure you recap it for us. :D
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For what it's worth, the entire Junior and Senior class for OSU was split up before the actual picks were made.

Lawrence Wilson is an awesome defensive end who'll end up being at least a second round pick by the time he's done. Between Wilson, Rose, and Gholston, i'd put money we have the best defensive end trio in college footall. Not sure about the defensive tackles however.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:46 AM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

they are letting mike conley coach one team and jamarr butler coach the other. all of the other basketball players are assistant coaches.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:28 AM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post
For what it's worth, the entire Junior and Senior class for OSU was split up before the actual picks were made.

Lawrence Wilson is an awesome defensive end who'll end up being at least a second round pick by the time he's done. Between Wilson, Rose, and Gholston, i'd put money we have the best defensive end trio in college footall. Not sure about the defensive tackles however.
Doug Worthington was one of the best DE prospects from a couple of years ago (#2 in the nation IIRC). He'll probably play DT, could play DE though.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Hail Browns
Rookie

Hail Browns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodar21 View Post
Doug Worthington was one of the best DE prospects from a couple of years ago (#2 in the nation IIRC). He'll probably play DT, could play DE though.
I'm pretty sure they've got him listed at DT. And I don't think they'd move him outside with Wilson, Gholston, and Rose already on the edge.

I read in the paper about the basketball players coaching the game, sounds kinda funny. Tressel said he's taking the day off.
Hail Browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
icantackleclaret
Rookie

icantackleclaret hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail Browns View Post
I'm pretty sure they've got him listed at DT. And I don't think they'd move him outside with Wilson, Gholston, and Rose already on the edge.

I read in the paper about the basketball players coaching the game, sounds kinda funny. Tressel said he's taking the day off.

Worthington did play DT in the game and did a good job of it, but he is still listed as a DE. He could play both this season tho.

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.
icantackleclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Hail Browns
Rookie

Hail Browns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantackleclaret View Post
Worthington did play DT in the game and did a good job of it, but he is still listed as a DE. He could play both this season tho.
I don't see him playing both this season since I'm expecting him to start on the inside.
Hail Browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got to ask, How did Chris "Beanie" Wells do?
________
LovelyWendie99

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 05-10-2011 at 08:11 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
icantackleclaret
Rookie

He did not play. Listed as injured but I don't know what it is.

Old 04-22-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
icantackleclaret
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail Browns View Post
I don't see him playing both this season since I'm expecting him to start on the inside.
They ran a little 3-4 @ the game. I don't know if that was just for fun or maybe they are putting something in. I have seen them do it before but they did it more than a few times. I don't mind seeing Golston and Rose stand up a little and have Worthington and Wilson play that DE spot. With all the great DE's and LB's we have I wouldn't at all mind seeing more of the in.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Purple N Proud

Beanie's still got an ankle problem from the first week of spring practice. Nothing too serious, apparently he asked Coach Tress if he could suit up half way through the game. Tressel looked back and gave him a no.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

Henton looked absolutly horrible, but what QB doesnt at this early in the season?
Old 04-23-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Henton looked absolutly horrible, but what QB doesnt at this early in the season?
Boeckman will almost certainly be the starting QB. Truth is I would like to see more Schoenhoft. He can be a good passer plus he brings some athleticism to the game.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
He didn't look good, but he's young and had no time to throw. He's a year and a half away. He'll be great before he leaves.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i played against schoenoft. any chance he starts this year at all?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:46 AM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
i played against schoenoft. any chance he starts this year at all?
a small one. only is boeckman is horrible or injured imo
Old 04-24-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If things work out this year like they should it won't matter who our QB is as long as they convert 3rd downs and don't commit turnovers, because the Wells/Wells/Saine attack should be amazing. Our defense should be a lot better this year too, specifically in the back seven. We should have a great pass rush too with Worthington, Wilson, Rose, and Gholston all seeing the field at the same time possibly on 3rd down.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

I talk to Maurice Wells all the time, he lives right near me, dudes hair is longgggggg.