Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-27-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flames trade for David Jones for some reason. Man, their roster is awful. Sakic gets his buddy Tanguay coming back the other way.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Avs are trying to reassmble their 2001 roster at all costs.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
here's hoping roy puts himself back in goal.
Craig Billingsley will fight him for the job. He's in the front office now.

Funny thing is, the Red Wings' front office is staffed by several guys from that rivalry era too. Draper, Maltby, Osgood, Chelios all hanging around.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three years for Weber in Buffalo. Glad to see it, nobody else on the team plays the way he does and he managed to be our most consistent defenseman last year. Now get Hodgson done.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Has anybody else played with the CapGeek.com cap calculator? It's ******* awesome.

Here's my Red Wings projection with free agent signings of Weiss and Stalberg: http://www.capgeek.com/cap-calculator/roster/23791
Old 06-27-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bye bye Letang. Turned down a 8 for 56 contract from the Pens.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
i've been playing with it all week. i'd love one of those for the nfl offseasons. did you set the lines, or just chuck the players in?
Didn't give them a ton of thought, but that's what I came up with.

Signing Lecavalier would allow Babcock to really never have to split Pav and Hank.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
i like them together, but it seemed like the split was really effective against chicago. i think the only thing that gets me a bit iffy is splitting the 3rd line. those guys were so terrifically effective, even when they weren't getting on the scoreboard. as long as babcock keeps giving them minutes... but meh. it would be really difficult to argue with anything he does with the lines next year.

i'd love to get lecavalier, the more i think about it. i don't much care for most of the other FAs, but i think he'd be terrific, even as a one year rental.

eta - http://www.freep.com/article/2013062...TS05/306270074
The lines will change regularly thoughout the season. Hank and Pav should be playing together during the regular season, IMO. You can worry less about matchups until the playoffs. If Helm is healthy, he's the third line center, so I don't think Brunner and Nyquist would remain with Andersson, who will definitely center the fourth line.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Tried giving a go at that capgeek thing. Went straight for Jagr. WWWYKI
Old 06-28-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably unrealistic, but find me a realistic Leaf fan.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I've decided what my next vacation will be. An all-Euro KHL team trip.

Helsinki, Riga, Minsk, Prague, Bratislava, and Zagreb.

The KHL is pretty damn cool. I hope Italy and Germany get teams in the near future. I saw a headline that North Korea is interested too haha
Old 06-28-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a couple really good articles about defensive defensemen and the NHL draft.

http://thats-offside.blogspot.ca/201...and-draft.html

http://thats-offside.blogspot.ca/201...eman-post.html

this guy goes pretty in depth about the fallacy of drafting defensive defensemen high in the draft. only 12 defensemen who posted less than 0.5 ppg in their draft year out of 105 made the NHL and play on a daily basis. the top ranked chl defensemen this year (imo that are projected to go in the top 3 rounds) that averaged less than 0.5 ppg in their draft year are:

nikita zadorov
samuel morin
dillon heatherington
madison bowey
jonathan-ismael diaby
keegan kanzig
steve santini (ushl)
jan kostalek
mason geertsen
keaton thompson (ushl)
tyler lewington

the only ones i would draft in the top 3 rounds would be zadorov, heatherington, and bowey. zadorov's point totals will increase above 0.5 ppg probably next year and you also have to remember this his first year in north america. he's going to get a lot better and is probably my favorite defenseman in the draft behind seth jones.

heatherington is the only true defensive defenseman i see worth using a pick on this early. he has elite vision and hockey iq, and also is physical and good with his stick in the defensive zone. to me he is essentially a more physical marc-edouard vlasic, and some team is going to get a good player when they draft him.

bowey is an interesting case because like the writer mentioned, he's a very good skater and has a strong presence in the offensive zone. i'm expecting his offensive input to increase strongly though next year, just like zadorov.

samuel morin is going to be a giant bust especially in the first round. santini will never sniff the nhl. geertsen, lewington, and kanzig i wouldn't touch before the 5th round probably and will likely be lifelong minor leaguers unless they develop a different aspect of their game besides being big and physical. kostalek, diaby, and thompson would be in my 2nd tier i guess, because they do have an offensive aspect to their game, it's just not very good right now.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my buddy just made this right quick. we stole the name from a reddit comment

Old 06-28-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

The K is fun in its continental way, but they need to leave Bob alone. 'Lumbus 4 Lyfe.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Red Wings just signed RFA Jakub Kindl to a 4-year, $2.4 million per year contract.

I like it. Kindl was without question one of the 10 most improved players in the entire NHL last year. Those last two years of the deal will likely look like huge bargains in time.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not 100 per cent yet but looks like Nathan Horton will NOT be back with BOS. B's talking trade and Tyler Seguin's name has been discussed.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Not 100 per cent yet but looks like Nathan Horton will NOT be back with BOS. B's talking trade and Tyler Seguin's name has been discussed.
Link? I really hope they don't move Seguin. He was a disappointment last season and in in playoffs, but players with his offensive skill don't come along everyday, and especially not for teams who're going to be picking in the 20's for the near future. He's a terrible fit for the B's system, but at 21 he's a great playmaker and a competent defender. Maybe he's not nearly 6 per year, but he's damn near close, and if he can start winning in the corners every now and then the very real possibility still exists that he could become the franchise cornerstone.

Buyout Peverley and trade Kelly to clear space. Spooner and Soderberg should be ready to take on their roles anyway for much cheaper.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 06-29-2013 at 01:57 PM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's all over Twitter. Bob McKenzie reported it.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Not the most surprising news with the numbers you're hearing for Bergeron and Rask. Not saying he'll come cheap but Seguin could be an absolute coup for some team. Peverley would also be interesting to see somewhere else but I don't know if they go for a buyout. It's looking like they'll be plenty active before free agency, though, so you never know.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
It's all over Twitter. Bob McKenzie reported it.
Who reads NHL tweets that aren't made by Roberto Luongo?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like its just a matter of time before Halak is traded away. Which I'm not sure how i feel about. I mean we definitely need goal scoring, just not sure how I'd feel about Elliott/Allen as our goaltenders
Old 06-30-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd be nice if Marc Savard would just ******* retire (still counting $4m every year).

Trading Seguin sucks, but it makes sense. If you can get the kind of package you should be able to get for a young star (Kessel package or better) who doesn't exactly fit your system... Kind of have to. Spooner's ready to come up and they can reload their farm system and extend their window of opportunity.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Letang close to 8 year 58 million deal according to Pittsburgh sports radio station.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It'd be nice if Marc Savard would just ******* retire (still counting $4m every year).

Trading Seguin sucks, but it makes sense. If you can get the kind of package you should be able to get for a young star (Kessel package or better) who doesn't exactly fit your system... Kind of have to. Spooner's ready to come up and they can reload their farm system and extend their window of opportunity.
They're going to have him on LTIR so he doesn't count against the cap.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 06-30-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Letang close to 8 year 58 million deal according to Pittsburgh sports radio station.
Thank God, over payment for Letang. He's not worth 7.25 million a year to any team, let alone a team like the Penguins.