Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-26-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

definately better L2/R2 triggers

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played about a hour or two of Tomb Raider last night and I can tell its my kind of game. So far the story and graphics seem to be good and Im just now really getting to the action parts. I prefer games that arent open world as Im not really big into walking around and collecting things unless its done really well like in sleeping dogs. Its gonna be hard for me to put this game away and I will prob finish it over the weekend.

Also on the WWE games I enjoyed last years game and it was well worth the 30$ I got it for on black friday. I didnt get into the univerise as much as I thought I would but the attitude era mode was fantastic.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still stoked for the for new controller. Should be fun.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started Dishonored and I like it so far. I just wish it was in 3rd person or at least jumped back and forth between 1st and 3rd like Deus Ex. I have always found stealth and jumping from place to place kinda of a pain in 1st person. I also never seem to have any connection to the main character in 1st person.

That all being said I think I'm going to end up enjoying it for the most part.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Today, Sony revealed that – in the first year of the PS+ Instant Game Collection – 64 individual games were offered free of charge to subscribers.

The free games offered through the first year are as follows:
Anomaly Warzone Earth (PSN)
BioShock 2 (PS3)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (PS Vita)
BloodRayne Betrayal (PSN)
Borderlands (PS3)
Choplifter HD (PSN)
Chronovolt (PS Vita)
Closure (PSN)
Darksiders (PS3)
Demon’s Souls (PS3)
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PS Vita)
Double Dragon Neon (PSN)
Dungeon Defenders (PSN)
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (PSP)
Foosball 2012 (PSN/PS Vita)
Germinator (PS Vita)
Gotham City Imposters (PSN)
Gravity Rush (PS Vita)
Guardians of Middle-Earth (PSN)
Hard Corps: Uprising (PSN)
Infamous 2 (PS3)
Jet Set Radio (PSN)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie (PSN)
Just Cause 2 (PS3)
King of Fighters XIII (PS3)
Knytt Underground (PSN/PS Vita)
Labyrinth Legends (PSN)
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (PSN)
LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3)
Malicious (PSN)
Mega Man 9 (PSN)
Mega Man 10 (PSN)
Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X (PSP)
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition (PSN)
NFL Blitz (PSN)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (PS Vita)
Outland (PSN)
Pac-Man CE DX (PSN)
PayDay: The Heist (PSN)
Pinball Arcade (PSN/PS Vita)
Plants vs. Zombies (PS Vita)
Quantum Conundrum (PSN)
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (PS3)
Renegade Ops (PSN)
Resident Evil 5 (PS3)
Retro City Rampage (PSN/PS Vita)
Rochard (PSN)
Saints Row 2 (PS3)
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game (PSN)
Sideway: New York (PSN)
Sleeping Dogs (PS3)
Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)
Super Street Fighter IV (PS3)
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (PS Vita)
The Cave (PSN)
The Walking Dead: The Game (PSN)
Tekken 6 (PSP)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PS Vita)
Vanquish (PS3)
Virtual Fighter 5: Final Showdown (PSN)
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine (PS3)
WipeOut 2048 (PSN/PS Vita)
Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone (PSN)
Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov’s Revenge (PSN/PS Vita)
By our math, the Instant Game Collection over the last year has provided subscribers with $1,043 in free games, more than 20 times the cost of a subscription for that year. Pretty impressive.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/06/28...-64-free-games
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do those stay constantly free or are they free for like a few days then the free game switches? By which I mean Hey Little Big planet 2 is free then tomorrow hey little big planet is 20 dollars and Walking dead is now free.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Do those stay constantly free or are they free for like a few days then the free game switches? By which I mean Hey Little Big planet 2 is free then tomorrow hey little big planet is 20 dollars and Walking dead is now free.
The games switch on a monthly basis, but not all of them, so it's possible assuming those few days are just before they switch.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:18 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Played the demo for NCAA 14 and I'm gonna pass, it looks like the only change they made was a slightly different pre-game intro lol. The whole situation with EA holding the exclusive license for the NFL and NCAA has really ****** up the football sim genre. I used to buy the new game every year, but 13 was the first one I bought since like 10. Damn travesty.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:07 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About 5 hours into The Last of Us, the PS3 died.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Played the demo for NCAA 14 and I'm gonna pass, it looks like the only change they made was a slightly different pre-game intro lol. The whole situation with EA holding the exclusive license for the NFL and NCAA has really ****** up the football sim genre. I used to buy the new game every year, but 13 was the first one I bought since like 10. Damn travesty.
I'm fine with it. Just get updated rosters from users. No big deal.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
About 5 hours into The Last of Us, the PS3 died.
That sucks balls...
Old 07-01-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still loving tomb raider and while I wouldnt put it before uncharted it deserves to be in the conversation. If you like uncharted you should pick this up as its down to like 30$ now.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

PSN Summer Sale Starts Tomorrow

Quote:
July 2nd – 9th

Call Of Duty Black Ops II (PS3) – Regular Price: $59.99 Sale Price: $41.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $37.79

The Amazing Spider-Man (PS3) – Regular Price: $49.99 Sale Price: $29.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $20.99

Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00

The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn’s Quest (PS Vita/PSP) – Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $4.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $2.50

Mortal Kombat (PS Vita) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00

Mortal Kombat – (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00

Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $7.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.00

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: the Game (PS3) – Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $3.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $2.00

Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00

Ratchet & Clank Collection (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $14.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.50
Quote:
July 9th – 16th

Fast & Furious Showdown (PS3) – Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $31.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $23.99

Star Trek (PS3) – Regular Price: $54.99 Sale Price: $43.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $32.99

Men In Black: Alien Crisis (PS3) – Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $29.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $20.99

The Simpsons Arcade Game (PS3) – Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $6.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.89

X-Men (PS3) – Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $6.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.89

Hitman Trilogy HD – (PS3) – Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $19.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $15.99

Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00

Silent Hill: Book of Memories (PS Vita) – Regular Price: $29.99 Sale Price: $14.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.50

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS3) – Regular Price: $29.99 Sale Price: $14.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.50

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS Vita) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00

The Adventures of TinTin: The Game (PS3) – Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $19.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $10.00

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00

Just Cause 2 (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.99

Prince of Persia Classics Trilogy (PS3) – Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $15.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $8.00

Tron Evolution (PS Vita) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $7.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.00

Alice: Madness Returns (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $7.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.00

Fight Night Champion – Full Game (PS3) – Regular Price: $29.99 Sale Price: $11.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $6.00
I think I'm going to pick up the R&C Collection and Mortal Kombat.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Most of the ones I would be intrested in are the same price used at gamestop I would rather do that and get the disk.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What size hard drive do you think I'd need to have to really take advantage of PS+?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
What size hard drive do you think I'd need to have to really take advantage of PS+?
I highly recommend 500 GB's. I had 160 and filled it up in no time. I mean 500 might be overkill but better to have to much then not enough.

I have used up around 250 of my 500.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually thinking of upgrading my hard drive. Has anyone done this? How difficult is it and what would you recommend?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...a-release-date

Quote:
Release dates for The Walking Dead: 400 Days, the transitional episode between The Walking Dead: The Game’s first and second seasons.
  • Tuesday, July 2nd – PlayStation Network (North America)
  • Wednesday, July 3rd – PC/Mac (Steam, Telltale Games Store)
  • Friday, July 5th – Xbox Live (Worldwide)
  • Wednesday, July 10th – PlayStation Network (Europe)
  • Thursday, July 11th – iOS (Worldwide)
Old 07-01-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
incredibly easy. just make sure you have a really small screwdriver, since the screw holding the thing in is a pain in the ass to deal with
I'm not sure if the newer PS3's use them, but when I had to open my fat one, I had to use a torx screwdriver. A lame ass unnecessary torx screwdriver.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

PS+ Games this month.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...ast-discounts/

Battlefield 3 (PS3)

Metal Slug XX (PSP, Compatible on PS Vita)

Jet Set Radio (PS3)

Dokuro (PS Vita)

Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD (PS3)
Old 07-01-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question about PSN downloaded games; can you keep them as long as you have PSN, or do they go away as soon as the month they were offered in is over? I'm presuming the former.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You keep them as long as you have PS+.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
PSN Summer Sale Starts Tomorrow

I think I'm going to pick up the R&C Collection and Mortal Kombat.
I'd highly suggest Shadow of the Colossus to it was one of my all time favorite games for a long time. Also pure nostalgia would have forced me to get the Simpson's arcade game.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/...d_theft_auto_v

Quote:
Industry giant Rockstar Games is aiming to deliver the biggest open world in its history with Grand Theft Auto V, so it’s not particularly surprising that the impending sequel will consume a sizeable chunk of your console’s hard drive. Writing on its official website, the developer confirmed that you’ll need 8GB of free space on your PlayStation 3 in order to play the game. As with most other releases, you’ll be able to boot the adventure as soon as this data has been installed.
It's going to be massive.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Still not sure if I'm going to get GTA V. I know GTA IV is the best reviewed game of all-time on Metacritic, but I thought it was horrible.