Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-01-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I would put Donaldson in over Machado.
No chance. Machado's been a top 10 player this year.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Machado has been a stalwart. Donaldson has been good but not better than Manny.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can make an argument for Donaldson over Machado. Donaldson has definitely been better offensively. However, Machado's defense more than compensates for any difference there, IMO.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Machado having 38 doubles on July 1st is insane.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 07-01-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donaldson has a better OBP, iso, wRC+ and more HRs. Donaldson has been unreal with the glove but the very flawed UZR happens to like Machado more.

I'll take Donaldson.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Donaldson has a better OBP, iso, wRC+ and more HRs. Donaldson has been unreal with the glove but the very flawed UZR happens to like Machado more.

I'll take Donaldson.
More HR's but Manny has more TB's (because he hits doubles like a psycho), Hits, and Runs.

Personal Preference : Manny

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-01-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'll take Donaldson.
You are an A's fan... of course you would take Donaldson.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
More HR's but Manny has more TB's (because he hits doubles like a psycho), Hits, and Runs.

Personal Preference : Manny
Runs? Really?

Machado:
Hits
TB
Doubles
BA (basically a push)
UZR

Donaldson:
OBP
SLG
OPS
wRC+
BBs

It's not like it isn't close, but I will take what Donaldson brings to the table.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are an A's fan... of course you would take Donaldson.
:-D

You got that right.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Runs count NIP..RUNS COUNT!

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-01-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

On a sidenote, Since Melky has gone on the DL, Rajai Davis has torn it up on the basepaths. He literally wants to steal every base.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-01-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Runs count NIP..RUNS COUNT!
Runs and RBIs are way too dependent on the other 8 players to be reliable at all.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
On a sidenote, Since Melky has gone on the DL, Rajai Davis has torn it up on the basepaths. He literally wants to steal every base.
I loved that about Rajai when he was in Oakland.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Great win from the A's today.

And Donaldson really needs to be an All-Star.
He should but unfortunately won't because as pointed out, 3rd Base in the AL is loaded and he'll get overlooked. I think the media's AL East bias might have some impact on Machado getting in (not that he doesn't deserve to be an all-star starter on any normal year).

Just as long as Kipnis makes it I'll be happy. He should be at least the backup 2B to Pedroia.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Kipnis has been nasty this year. He was good last year, but he took it to another level this season especially recently.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-01-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder who makes it from the Cubs. Kevin Gregg???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Wonder who makes it from the Cubs. Kevin Gregg???
Why has Castro been so horrible?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-01-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why has Castro been so horrible?
He is on the Cubs?
Old 07-01-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'll take Donaldson.
UZR is flawed, but it is still a decent indication of defense, and any scout would say Machado is vastly superior defensively, as well. He should be playing shortstop.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dodgers are close to a deal for Marmol....

....****, he better not sniff the 9th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post

Or any important situation.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-01-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

With Evan Longoria's foot injury, we may see this problem with AL 3B work itself out.

And I fully agree that Machado should be playing SS.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
With Evan Longoria's foot injury, we may see this problem with AL 3B work itself out.

And I fully agree that Machado should be playing SS.
Don't you disrespect JJ Hardy like that

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-01-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post

No. Noooooooooooooooooooooo.

I don't think we are giving anything up or paying much (if any) of his deal, but if it means he might get a chance to play...it is a bad bad idea.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you always trade your top prospects for nothing, so don't be surprised

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote