Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 06-14-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
This brought a smile to my face.

Considering all that has been said about the other rookies for Williams and Wilcox to come out on top is awesome.

Also in really funny news Kevin Sumlin reportedly was offered the Eagles job initially but turned them down before they moved to Chip Kelly. That made me giggle.
Id rather hear TF is dominating. Sounds like our DTs have been giving our Center and guards fits. Makes me uneasy after what we saw last year.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IRVING – Jason Garrett said Wednesday that he notices the growth that Travis Frederick has made since the Dallas Cowboys selected the center in the first-round of April’s NFL Draft.

And Garrett, who praised the rookie’s confidence and everyday approach, noted that it isn’t an easy task getting the ball snapped with defensive tackles like Jay Ratliff and Jason Hatcher lining up in front of you.

“We’ve been practicing against a lot of good talent, and that’s something I wanted,” Frederick said. “One of the reasons that I decided to leave early and come to the NFL was the opportunity to play against great competition every day and it certainly is great and it gives me a great chance to be better.”

Frederick said things are starting to slow down for him in regards to getting to the line of scrimmage and identifying what the defense is trying to do.

“I’m certainly a lot more comfortable, still really improving on a lot of things on a daily basis,” Frederick said. “Now my focus has really changed to the little things, the technique things here and there instead of trying to pick up a playbook and pick that stuff up. I feel like I’ve picked that up pretty well as far as assignments and stuff like that, but obviously there will be little things here and there, and once we start seeing some different defenses it’s going to be a little bit more as well.”
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...onth-ago.html/
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Resign: Yes or No

Anthony Spencer
Jason Hatcher
Sean Lee
Bruce Carter
DeMarco Murray
Dez Bryant

Your asking the wrong person, he doesn't have an opinion on anything until after it goes wrong.

The only people we should be concerned with locking up are Lee, Dez, & Carter. Spencer and Hatcher are easy guys to let go in my mind and Demarco needs to play out his contract and maybe get tagged before we cross that bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Your asking the wrong person, he doesn't have an opinion on anything until after it goes wrong.

Here's my opinion:

Anthony Spencer - No. Look at DE in the draft, plus I'm a fan of Wilber.
Jason Hatcher - Yes, if affordable. No, if he's expensive.
Sean Lee - YES
Bruce Carter - YES
DeMarco Murray - Yes, if affordable and he doesn't keep getting hurt.
Dez Bryant - YES
Old 06-15-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

I am starting to look forward to another year of mediocrity. June already.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Here's my opinion:

Anthony Spencer - No. Look at DE in the draft, plus I'm a fan of Wilber.
Jason Hatcher - Yes, if affordable. No, if he's expensive.
Sean Lee - YES
Bruce Carter - YES
DeMarco Murray - Yes, if affordable and he doesn't keep getting hurt.
Dez Bryant - YES
Getting Lee and Carter done for affordable deals won't be an issue. I'd probably get one of those deals done now. Bryant might end up being a tough one. Especially if he has another year like he did last year. He will be looking for Wallace type money.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

26 more days until camp. Training camp cannot come soon enough.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Maybe now Hanna has some trade value for the Patriots.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Maybe now Hanna has some trade value for the Patriots.
LOL. Unless they dangle an extremely nice deal I doubt we'd even consider. We are all-in on the "12" personnel looks.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
LOL. Unless they dangle an extremely nice deal I doubt we'd even consider. We are all-in on the "12" personnel looks.
I doubt they would as well. But it's fun to think of these scenarios.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indeed. I'm trying to envision an offseason with Leary becoming a starter at guard and Arkin growing enough to be a trusted backup. Would allow us to cut ties with Livings and Bernie.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cowboys NT Josh Brent tested positive for marijuana and is back in jail.

Brent was tested for marijuana on June 19, and a positive result was confirmed on Tuesday. He was booked into Lew Sterrett Justice Center on Thursday. It's Brent's second positive test since his arrest for intoxicated manslaughter back in early December. The failed drug tests violate the terms of his release. Source: NBC 5 Dallas Jun 27 - 3:37 PM

Don't know about any of you guys, but some things are bigger then football, and it's crap like this that disgust me about this football team. Ratliff should have been released too after his DWI. I can live with crappy drafts or bad contracts but this type of foolishness makes me question why I root for this team. He should have been gone a long time ago, I used to like Josh Brent but he's a MARGINAL talent, it's not like we are holding onto Gerald McCoy here. The fact that we are willing to take on all this bad press and idiotic behavior for a guy with no remorse at all and was hardly a good football player says a lot about us.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

O_o Cole freaking Beasley? Catches everything. Jitterbug in the slot. And this...

Old 07-10-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate July!! Guys got any predictions? Breakout players? Anything? Lol

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Bored as well. Made a 53 roster + PS that I'm tweaking again.

As far as predictions:
  • Leary earns a starting job in camp.
  • Frederick wins the Center job.
  • Free beats out Parnell (I hope not). Parnell shows flashes.
  • Danny McCray is finally cut after Matt Johnson, Barry Church, and Will Allen have good camps.
  • Vickers is cut after the team finalizes the 2 TE 1 RB offense during camp.
  • James Hanna will start opposite Witten NOT Escobar.
  • Randle, Dunbar, and Lawrence all play extremely well behind a youthful Dallas line forcing the team to carry 4 RBs. Tanner also played well but was the odd man out.

Regular season:
10-6 taking the Division crown in a weak NFC East.

I do not have an overwhelming confidence in our safety situation so I'm very bearish about the Denver, New Orleans, and GB games. Very interesting game week 2 versus a Chief's team I think that may sneak into the playoffs.

1 NYG @ DAL
2 DAL @ KC
3 STL @ DAL
4 DAL @ SD

5 DEN @ DAL
6 WAS @ DAL
7 DAL @ PHI
8 DAL @ DET
9 MIN @ DAL

10 DAL @ NO
11 BYE
12 DAL @ NYG
13 OAK @ DAL
14 DAL @ CHI
15 GB @ DAL
16 DAL @ WAS
17 PHI @ DAL
Old 07-10-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Not sure how some of these free agents are still available. Brandon Moore, Eric Winston, Richard Seymour, Nick Barnett, and Kerry Rhodes. Kerry Rhodes being the only one I can understand given the cultural stigma of homosexuality. Mid-level free agents are getting left out to dry thanks to the CBA it seems.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Called it!

Quote:
Speculation had been circulating all offseason the the Dallas Cowboys would release their starting fullback, Lawrence Vickers. That speculation has become a reality as the team said goodbye to the long-time veteran of the NFL. Vickers' stay with Dallas was short, only one season.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Called it!
Yea writing was on the wall, we're all in on the multiple TE offense.

If I had to guess, Hanna will probably play that H-Back role.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Yea writing was on the wall, we're all in on the multiple TE offense.

If I had to guess, Hanna will probably play that H-Back role.
Traditional FB's are becoming extinct in today's NFL.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I still like the FB involved in the offense :( Thought Murray did a great job last year using one but I can see why teams are moving on from it. Murray is great out of single back also, but maybe it's just because our line has been so bad especially interior blocking that I always welcomed a lead blocker.

Quote:
Old 07-15-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I still like the FB involved in the offense :( Thought Murray did a great job last year using one but I can see why teams are moving on from it. Murray is great out of single back also, but maybe it's just because our line has been so bad especially interior blocking that I always welcomed a lead blocker.
I think a lot of it has to do with this. We weren't very creative using the FB out of the backfield so I think it was a hindrance in the end. With 2 TE sets the defense can't load up the box or they will get challenged down the seams by our TEs.

I hope we do smart things like have Hanna challenge the LB on seams, Witten to abuse linebackers on drags, posts, slants, etc, and have Escobar just post up on unsuspecting linebackers/corners in the red zone.

If our TEs are successful in breaking down defenses we'll have a ton of opportunities running the game due to teams respecting our TEs. Not a single team has ever been worried about Lawrence Vickers coming out of the backfield.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

This has been what seems like one of the longest off-seasons in recent memory for us. The media outside of a few have really laid into this team and has been relentless. I'm not saying we don't deserve it, but it's been tough.

I'm just ready for the team to get into camp and hopefully prove people wrong. There's a lot of work to be done and still a lot of question marks.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

The more I listen to pop media the more I completely ignore whatever they have to say. It is fairly obvious they operate for ratings and facts be damned. If the Cowboys are not pre-season Superbowl favorites then we are bottom dwellers. Pushing one of the other generates PLENTY of reaction thus feeding their bottom line.

Blogging the Boys has been a lifesaver for me. If I had to rely on BSPN for 'Boys news I probably wouldn't follow the team outside of the regular season.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The more I listen to pop media the more I completely ignore whatever they have to say. It is fairly obvious they operate for ratings and facts be damned. If the Cowboys are not pre-season Superbowl favorites then we are bottom dwellers. Pushing one of the other generates PLENTY of reaction thus feeding their bottom line.

Blogging the Boys has been a lifesaver for me. If I had to rely on BSPN for 'Boys news I probably wouldn't follow the team outside of the regular season.
Gil Brandt always says positive things. Granted it's a little bit of a biased opinion.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
This has been what seems like one of the longest off-seasons in recent memory for us. The media outside of a few have really laid into this team and has been relentless. I'm not saying we don't deserve it, but it's been tough.

I'm just ready for the team to get into camp and hopefully prove people wrong. There's a lot of work to be done and still a lot of question marks.
This offseason has been quiet... and for all the good reasons. No drama. All work. Media has nothing remotely wild to go off on and it looks like Garrett is finally getting the Cowboys in the right lime light. The commitment to bringing in high character guys are paying off.

I love this.