Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 06-28-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Phins827
Rookie

Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio State

What is the prediction for his pro prospects? Just curious.
Phins827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now he is a 2nd Rounder in my book, he needs to stay in the pocket more to be viewed as a potential 1st rounder in the near future.

He reminds me of Tyrod Taylor at the same level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now I would not touch him till the 4th round. More then likely he will stay for his senior season unless he increases his accuracy quiet a bit. I could see teams taking him in the 2nd or 3rd but I think teams will be weary of him coming from the Urban Meyer system.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love his arm and obvious talent as a runner. Needs to find consistent good footwork mechanics and his accuracy will be better. That is the one big thing he needs to fix. If all fails as a QB, he could be a really really REALLY good explosive runningback. Right now he's pretty much an awesome runningback with a very good arm who is trying to put it all together as a passer.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'd be wise to stay in school as long as he can, but he's got talent. I don't know if he'll ever be the passing prospect that Cam, RG3 or Wilson were coming out.

Right now, I have a hard time seeing him go higher than the 4th as someone else said.

If the league goes more in that direction in the next few years then maybe higher but I doubt it.

He possesses some skills, but he lacks size and passing mechanics. Russell Wlson was very polished and would have been a first round pick if he was 6'2", Braxton is 6'1" I think, but he lacks Wilsons ability at this point
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh. Urban Meyer ruins QBs for the next level.

I just doubt Miller is getting the coaching he needs in any fundamentals that will carry over to the NFL.

Mid round pick, 5th to 7th. NFL backup. I could see him in Washington.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 06-29-2013 at 12:03 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
dmoneyrockin
Rookie

dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Physical skill wise Braxton has what it takes to be a superstar. Right now the footwork isn't there, but his biggest issue is mental. He doesn't make desicions and is late with every throw. These are the types of things that cannot be taught so doubt if that ever changes. Bottom line is Braxton is too athletic and explosive with the ball in his hand not to be drafted high, but nothing that I have seen from him says he even has a remote chance of being a successful NFL quarterback.
dmoneyrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He isn't a refined passing qb. He is a good college qb but is not nfl qb material.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.

I don't see it. He's a nice college QB who relies on his legs more than his arm. He's another Denard Robinson.

Miller is not a friend of contact, either.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least he has the physical tools. Denard had a noodle arm and no size or accuracy. He was super fast and explosive as a runner and all but Braxton has a great arm and decent size. Just inconsistent footwork, super raw. I think he'll be a fairly high pick still because if the QB thing fails they could move him to RB and/or KR.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His pocket awareness sucks ass in addition to having bad footwork. Those two things need to change drastically if he wants to be even considered a reserve QB in the NFL.

Sprinkle in his inconsistent accuracy and you don't have much of a prospect right now.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he's drafted, I can't imagine it'd be with the intentions of him playing quarterback.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Potential very good to great cfb QB.

Pretty much agree with what everyone has listed above. Needs an insane amount of work on technique, in game awareness, and overall understanding of the art of QBing.

Barring that over the next two seasons, an NFL QB he ain't.

Lots of these athletic QBs need to realize that to succeed in the nfl you need to work your ass off on a daily basis to hone and perfect their craft.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
At least he has the physical tools. Denard had a noodle arm and no size or accuracy. He was super fast and explosive as a runner and all but Braxton has a great arm and decent size. Just inconsistent footwork, super raw. I think he'll be a fairly high pick still because if the QB thing fails they could move him to RB and/or KR.
He's more of a NFL quarterback than Denard Robinson, but that's not saying much. I just don't see him as a high pick as a quarterback unless he improves drastically. Unfortunately for us U of M fans, that almost certainly assures he will be around all four years.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Love his arm and obvious talent as a runner. Needs to find consistent good footwork mechanics
Honestly, I think it's the opposite. His arm is pretty good and he throws a nice deep ball but hist velocity isn't any special right now. As far as playing the quarterback position, his footwork is easily the most impressive part of his game to me. He has very "quiet feet". He's a very coordinated athlete with who's very light on his feet but he combines that with great balance and control. I thought he made a big jump from year 1 to year 2. Freshman year he'd throw those ugly javelin passes on deep balls and I didn't see those this last year. He does need to do a bit better job at using his lower body to generate more power on his throws. Hopefully we see him continue to take strides in that area.

He may need to play all four years to get to that level and will need to continue to work with George Whitfield but by the end of his senior year I'd predict that he becomes a legitimate QB prospect. Not saying he'll be a top 5 pick but I do think he will be viewed as a potential "franchise QB" (whatever that means) when he comes out. He's just a ridiculously talented athlete who has some natural QB skills.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree with pretty much all of that TACKLE, except I think he's got good velocity, too. He's accurate and good at leading his receivers. I don't see him making a lot of reads, but that offense doesn't really ask him to. There's a lot of things in his game that remind me of Tajh Boyd, but I think Miller might be more accurate with his ball placement. He's also (obviously) on another level as an athlete.

Watching Miller, I'm also starting to notice his receiver Devin Smith. He makes some big plays.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

His arm is fine. Strong, NFL arm. It's been remarked on by several coaches and QB gurus in the past couple years. He has nice feet, obviously is very mobile, but his mechanics are really what is holding him back. Decision making and leadership are things that come with experience, but he is just very raw and looks like a runningback who has a good arm out there the first couple years. He has moments where flashes his potential as a passer, hopefully training with Whitfield and putting in work in the film room pays off.

this was a quote from the ozone article about his feet:

"One of the biggest areas where Miller has focused his attention this offseason is footwork. According to Meyer, his mechanics start out well in the pocket, but they deteriorate quickly whenever the play breaks down."

http://theozone.net/football/2013/of...rDevelops.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Watching Miller, I'm also starting to notice his receiver Devin Smith. He makes some big plays.
yeah, he is a nice deep threat with speed and size who needs to develop an all-around game. Last year he started off strong as the go to guy, but really faded and disappeared at times late in the season.

The receivers were a weakness the past two seasons, but are expected to be a big strength this year and going forward.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playing for Urban Meyer another season is what's going hurt Miller's NFL chances.
That offense simply does not prepare QBs for the next level and they spend the next 2-3 years UNLEARNING everything Meyer taught them once they enter the pros.

Whenever he comes out, I think Miller is a prospect/project.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not an NFL caliber QB. Not even for the Read Option/Pistol type offenses. Just doesn't have the arm talent nor pocket awareness. Very Good college spread/option QB just doesnt have the intangibles to be an NFL starter.

Great athlete though.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
He's not an NFL caliber QB. Not even for the Read Option/Pistol type offenses. Just doesn't have the arm talent nor pocket awareness. Very Good college spread/option QB just doesnt have the intangibles to be an NFL starter.

Great athlete though.
?????

George Whitfield disagrees:

"Braxton has one of the biggest arms in college football,” Whitfield said. “I know people see his speed and his playmaking ability. But I am talking about, he’s got rare, rare arm talent.”

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-and-hes-right

Just needs to get his mechanics in order, so raw right now.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll turn out worse then Tebow if he stays for a senior year. Again Meyer's offense is **** for QB's at the next level. I'd transfer .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
He'll turn out worse then Tebow if he stays for a senior year. Again Meyer's offense is **** for QB's at the next level. I'd transfer .
Apparently everyone is forgetting how good Alex Smith turned out...

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

I think that's bogus. Sure it doesn't help, but guys like RGIII and Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick played in similar types of simple shotgun, read option, and/or pistol spread offenses in college and had pretty much no bearing on their pro skills.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He may have rare arm talent but does not have any accuracy.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
I think that's bogus. Sure it doesn't help, but guys like RGIII and Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick played in similar types of simple shotgun, read option, and/or pistol spread offenses in college and had pretty much no bearing on their pro skills.
Urban Meyer's system is more a one-read passing attack than the offenses the players you listed ran in college.
Newton actually had progressions in college and RG3 had to read coverages at Baylor.

No prep QB with serious pro aspirations is going sign with Ohio State as long as Meyer is the HC.