Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-31-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Are you eating clean?
2 years ago i ate cleaner but not completely healthy.

This time around is worse so far, i have yet to buy my lean protein like chicken, fish, etc. I eat some fruit, eggs, and eat a lot of indian food like rice with curry, roti, etc (not huge servings but somewhat sizable portions). I also sometimes eat junk food like chips and cookies (not a whole lot but i do eat) as well as cereal. I also went to a buffet yesterday and pigged out.

Plan on eating cleaner tomorrow when i get time to go to the grocery store, and maybe keep a 70/30 mix of "good" and "bad" food.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lately I've been on my "diet" trying to gain weight. Went from 163 to 172 during May. Made a bet that I could go from 163 to 185 by Aug 1 so I'm really pushing. That's my football weight but I sustained it when I was in the program and eating all the time, once I started working and getting lazy slacking off I lose weight easy.

Once I started making sure I ate 3 good sized meals a day, and drank protein at least 2-3 times a day with my supplements and weight training it wasn't too hard. All I am taking is creatine and No2 Black along with my GNC multi vitamins and fish oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I needed to set my 1 rep max on squat today. I haven't squatted heavy in more than a year. I got 315 and I'm pretty happy with that for now. My lifetime goal for squat is 500 lbs.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Lately I've been on my "diet" trying to gain weight. Went from 163 to 172 during May. Made a bet that I could go from 163 to 185 by Aug 1 so I'm really pushing. That's my football weight but I sustained it when I was in the program and eating all the time, once I started working and getting lazy slacking off I lose weight easy.

Once I started making sure I ate 3 good sized meals a day, and drank protein at least 2-3 times a day with my supplements and weight training it wasn't too hard. All I am taking is creatine and No2 Black along with my GNC multi vitamins and fish oil.
GOMAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I needed to set my 1 rep max on squat today. I haven't squatted heavy in more than a year. I got 315 and I'm pretty happy with that for now. My lifetime goal for squat is 500 lbs.
After not squatting for a year, 315 is pretty stellar especially if you are going a2g. I went to the gym last week on a friend's pass (same type of deal....having not squatted in over a year) and maxed out at 285 a2g. And my legs are just now feeling back to normal.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure exactly how deep I got but it was below parallel. I actually do worse if I try to cut it short, I like rebounding out of the hole. I didn't realize it at the time but I burst a blood vessel next to my eye straining to get the bar back up. It looks like I got punched in the face. Awesome.

My squat has always been pretty strong though. I really suck at bench press.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-10-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly how deep I got but it was below parallel. I actually do worse if I try to cut it short, I like rebounding out of the hole. I didn't realize it at the time but I burst a blood vessel next to my eye straining to get the bar back up. It looks like I got punched in the face. Awesome.

My squat has always been pretty strong though. I really suck at bench press.
Must've been a brutal rep. I've never busted a blood vessel. My squat has always kinda sucked; I'm much better at deads and OHP. I think you retain lower body strength better than upper body though.....that's been my experience at least.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been trying a lot of bodyweight exercises lately. There's a lot of great bw exercises out there that many people don't know about or use. Wish I had done more bw work in the past.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:15 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My senior year of football I had a shoulder injury and a wrist problem so it kinda limited my bench and clean so I was always squatting and got up to 400 and have never gotten back up to that since. I really wanna get goin on it again, such a great lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Must've been a brutal rep. I've never busted a blood vessel. My squat has always kinda sucked; I'm much better at deads and OHP. I think you retain lower body strength better than upper body though.....that's been my experience at least.
I tried to max on bench today but while working up to 225 my training partner left an extra 10 on the left side. It totally mind****ed me and I couldn't quite get 205 later. Blah.

I agree lower body strength sticks around longer. I guess because our legs are holding us up and walking us around all the time. Arms just hang there like a couple of freeloading asshats. Haven't maxed on deads in a while, my grip is a limiting factor there.

Also did "Angie" today. 100 pull-ups, 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 air squats. I had to scale a lot of that obviously. Hardest workout I've done since starting crossfit. Angie is a *****.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-12-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I've been trying a lot of bodyweight exercises lately. There's a lot of great bw exercises out there that many people don't know about or use. Wish I had done more bw work in the past.
It's nice because it's free, you can do them anywhere, and for me personally I recover a lot faster from them. I used to dabble in some powerlifting (nothing impressive) and there is a pretty strong dislike for bodyweight stuff in that culture. But my bench definitely improved when I did pushups every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
My senior year of football I had a shoulder injury and a wrist problem so it kinda limited my bench and clean so I was always squatting and got up to 400 and have never gotten back up to that since. I really wanna get goin on it again, such a great lift.
400 is serious business. That's 1/5 of a ton. I love squats too, as long as I don't do them too much. Which is why I'll never do Starting Strength again.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-17-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
It's nice because it's free, you can do them anywhere, and for me personally I recover a lot faster from them. I used to dabble in some powerlifting (nothing impressive) and there is a pretty strong dislike for bodyweight stuff in that culture. But my bench definitely improved when I did pushups every day.
This isn't true at all. All of the serious powerlifters I've trained with love BW exercises, especially pull ups and dips. You can easily weight on the cheap them as well with a backpack and some cheap ass form of weight. Great exercises.

But, in other news, my new chocolate/coconut protein is teh sex.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
This isn't true at all. All of the serious powerlifters I've trained with love BW exercises, especially pull ups and dips. You can easily weight on the cheap them as well with a backpack and some cheap ass form of weight. Great exercises.

But, in other news, my new chocolate/coconut protein is teh sex.
Dips and pull-ups are a few exceptions, and as you said yourself part of the acceptance of those movements are that you can add weight. I think instead of saying "that isn't true" a more correct statement would be "that has not been my experience".

Squatted 250x3, 265x3, and 280x3 today. I am coming forward on my toes too much. Tried cleans and thrusters afterward but my legs had no explosion after the heavy squats.

Also I am biking to work on days I don't go to Crossfit. It's only about 34 miles per week right now but eventually I will ride on crossfit days too which will mean up to 85 miles/week that I won't be putting on my car. I'm down 15 lbs. and still dropping so everything is getting easier.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 06-19-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you get to work and shower?

How do you people bike to work, I would hate it sweating and smelly, while working.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Do you get to work and shower?

How do you people bike to work, I would hate it sweating and smelly, while working.
I just ride semi-leisurely to work and carry baby wipes to clean off my face, pits, and nether regions once I've stopped sweating. If temps get unbearable like last summer I will either convince my CF coaches to let me shower there on my off days or not ride. Last year I was at a different gym and showered there before work. There were days where it was already 80+ w/high humidity at 7am last summer, **** that.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-19-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CF gym doesn't let you use their showers?

The hell are you paying for?
Old 06-28-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
CF gym doesn't let you use their showers?

The hell are you paying for?
I pay for 3 days/week. I shower those days. They haven't specifically said I can't swing by to grab a shower, I just haven't asked yet.

Heavy squats today, after warming up I did 245x5, 275x3, and 300x1. Then we did a WOD with lots of running. Legs are wibbly wobbly.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 06-28-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is this I don't even.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post

What is this I don't even.
Wow...

And man... Rocket Ismail. I loved his nickname as a kid.

That vid led me to this.

WTF?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

That is some crazy ass weight.

Ran a 7:55 mile today, which is close to my PR of 7:41 set well over a decade ago.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-06-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interval training always kicks my ass. I got up to 175 bpm when before doing interval i would never cross 170. but i hear interval training is better for you than standard workouts, not sure if thats true...
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Interval training always kicks my ass. I got up to 175 bpm when before doing interval i would never cross 170. but i hear interval training is better for you than standard workouts, not sure if thats true...
I'm not sure what you mean by standard workouts. Interval training is a widely and heavily used way of training. The main benefit of interval training seems to be pushing your body to short periods of high intensity work followed by rest or low intensity rest periods. Dealing with periods of high intensity should push the body to be more fit that normal levels of activity. When someone does a workout that maintains a certain pace, they may never reach the high levels of intensity that can be done in short bursts.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

HIIT > LSD in almost all instances.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So a year and half ago I just stopped working out completely.

I started this summer at 182 pounds and in the worst shape of my life so I started to work out again. I'm down to 167, which is a perfectly fine weight for my size, but I kind of want to get under 160.

My real goal for the summer though is increase muscle definition. Anyone have some advice on the best way to go about it? Pretty much all of my lifting knowledge is from off season football workouts which focused just on adding strength. I'm happy with where I'm at for size and strength, only care about looks now.

Last edited by Mufasa : 07-07-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it a good idea to switch up my routine and do one day heavy weights low reps then the next time light weights high reps?

Also is it a good idea to hold the final rep for 10 seconds on each set?
Old 07-08-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Just checked my blood pressure and I am out of the Stage 1 Hypertension zone and back down into pre-hypertension land. I will obviously keep going because I am trying to get as close to 200 lbs as possible (down to 224 from 240 in April) by the end of the year. But getting out of Stage 1 is a big deal. I should've never let it happen.

I also need new pants, especially jeans. I have one pair that fits now.

i done stole dis sig