Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
With Lacy in the fold, I think the team keeps four backs and Kuhn gets cut because he doesn't provide the team with anything unique any longer.

Harris will strictly be a change-of-pace back getting 6 to 8 carries a game. What hurts him the most is Lacy and Franklin both displayed in college the ability to be three down backs and they're more complete backs than he is.
If Lacy and Franklin both prove to be great pass protectors, your scenario could be a possibility, but I find it unlikely. While Kuhn might not be the short yardage back, he still has value as a pass protector and special teamer. Remember when Ted kept 3 fullbacks? He really seems to like versatile players like that who can contribute on special teams.

My guess is they'll keep 4 RBs and also Kuhn.

Lacy
Franklin
Harris
Green/Starks battle for last spot
Old 07-05-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers ILB Terrell Manning dropped as low as 218 pounds just before his rookie season due to a parasitic infection that caused colitis.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Packers ILB Terrell Manning dropped as low as 218 pounds just before his rookie season due to a parasitic infection that caused colitis.
Yeah, and now he's tweeting about the Trayvon Martin-Zimmerman trial.... guess who's side he got?
Old 07-05-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Yeah, and now he's tweeting about the Trayvon Martin-Zimmerman trial.... guess who's side he got?
I think we should stay away from that one. Don't want any mud being slung in the Packer forum. I wish the players would do the same.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have followed the trial quite a bit but like badgerbacker said, going down this road would not be a wise choice.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any Idea how they would use Neal as an OLB?? Would he provide the opportunity to use 4 Down linemen? Would he be a 1st down kinda guy? Would he take perry off the field? Im curious about what Dom is trying to create.
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvns View Post
Any Idea how they would use Neal as an OLB?? Would he provide the opportunity to use 4 Down linemen? Would he be a 1st down kinda guy? Would he take perry off the field? Im curious about what Dom is trying to create.
This move makes no sense to me and I'm quite baffled. I wouldn't even figure Neal as a DE in a 4-3. I'd see him as more of an undertackle.

I'm just going to assume that they know what they're doing.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:10 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

My best guess is that it is just an attempt to add more versatility to our defense. The more surprises we can throw at offenses, hopefully the better pressure we can create. I really can't imagine him playing OLB full-time, or even more than a handful of snaps occasionally.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:38 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in Appleton for family vacation, and yesterday went to Bay Beach and then cousins house in DePere.

She lives right by Nick Barnett's house, and a mile or so from Donald Driver's house, which is now for sale. Barnett's house is pretty sweet with the gates and I saw at least 3 nice cars/Range Rovers back there.

Drivers, what a surprise. Just a normal, yet nice, house, right on a fairly busy street, not tucked a street or two back into the woods or anything. And his next door neighbors house was at least just as nice. I can't believe they lived in such a normal house. How awesome for those neighbors to have lived next door to the great Donald.

But probably so sad now for him and the family to move away.
At least it's not to Minnesota, but back down to the Dallas area.

I'm excited for football.
I want to bash the Niners heads in now.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

It was a muggy day yesterday so the time at Bay Beach must've been a warm one. Did you get a chance to ride the Zippin' Pippin'?

Old 07-09-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Mark Murphy stated that he would like to have Brett's number retired by 2016 (aka the year he'll go into the HOF).

Old 07-09-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
It was a muggy day yesterday so the time at Bay Beach must've been a warm one. Did you get a chance to ride the Zippin' Pippin'?
From Texas, the weather was great to me.
I rode the Zippin Pippin at least 8 times, but the last one was a mistake as I rode the very back and it whipped me around so much that it felt like me brain shook loose inside my head.

The guy I talked to running that thing said he's seen Driver and family out there before and Jennings... also that Kevin Greene comes a few times every summer.

That feeling I got on that last ride of the Zippin Pippin, that's how I feel reading or talking about the Ole #4. Need more time.....
Old 07-10-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Love Rodgers http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/aaron-r...get-a-real-job

Raji's sack production dipped from 6.5 in 2010 to 3 in 2011 to zero last season.
His tackles have gone from 29 to 14 to 16 from 2010-2012.

I love the big fella's swagger, but he needs to produce more. He has to.
Someone else, if he becomes a free agent, will throw a big $ at him. Someone will seriously overpay for him.

That's why I'd like to lock him up now for a little less than what it will take then.
But he has to reward us for it by making more plays.

Vince Wilfork has 8 1/2 sacks over the same past 3 years, as well as tackles of: 29-32-46.
And he's older, age 31.

Raji was drafted #9 overall in 2009, Vince #21 in 2004.
BJ has to produce for us.

If he's not producing closer to what Wilfork does, than we're better off saving a lot of $$ and just pluggin in another big fat body that takes up space there with little production, and paying #Burnett, Shields, and James Jones with the Raji $ that someone will throw at him next spring.

I suspect this is what will happen, and I see Raji heading out East somewhere.
Or else, Minnesota will mooch another one...

#Jason LaCanfora said today the Packers and Burnett are working on an extension right now..... stay tuned. He's important back there.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 07-11-2013 at 01:28 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I'm not a fan of Morgan Burnett, kinda worried about this extension.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not a fan of Morgan Burnett, kinda worried about this extension.
Yeah I keep reading quotes from coaches and articles by Green Bay media about how Burnett is an emerging star and I just have a hard time finding it on the field. He seems pretty average to me, but they (the coaches at least) are the professionals.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Our WR's have thinned out quickly losing the All-Time Packers receiver Donald Driver, and the chase-the-cash greedy Greg Jennings.

We still have a Big 3, but most likely, each of them will miss a, or some, games, and it's possible 2 of the big 3 in the same game.

So from Jarrett Boykin, who I love, and Jeremy Ross on down, some guys are going to have to step up. Those should be the 5 who make it, -again barring injuries which is like asking for miracles with our injury luck.

Which of these new guys has the best chance to make any contribution at WR this year? Some are going to have to make something happen.

6-1 Kevin Dorsey
6-2 Charles Johnson
6-0 Myles White

5-10 Tyrone Walker
6-0 Terrell Sinkfield

6-1 Alex Gillett
5-11 Sederrik Cunningham
Old 07-12-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

With Jermichael Finley, DJ Williams and Brandon Bostick all on the roster and their strongest asset being as threats in the passing game, I think we see more two tight end sets (will help give us offensively because we could run or pass out of these sets), especially if one of the big three receivers goes down. Boykin is a nice player, but after him I don't think we see any of these young receivers on the field.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Boykin is a nice player, but after him I don't think we see any of these young receivers on the field.
Remember, we tend to have more than our share of injuries.
If Jordy's hammy puts him out, and either Cobb or Jones are also out with an ankle or something serious, that would leave just one of them... someone will have to step up.

WesHod likes Tyrone Walker most among the young cast of WRs.

If we could use anything from someone other than the Big 3, I'd like to see a stretch-the-field deep threat.

If one of them can connect with Rodgers on a couple of bombs, and it can loosen up things back there, could allow more room in the middle for J-Mike, Jones, Cobb, etc. Plus put some quick points on the board.

DBs aren't as color blind fooled with Jordy anymore.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Rodgers dished out props to White and Walker after some of the OTA work last month. Will we have a rookie receiver make the 53 man roster? That almost feels like a given at this point, but I don't think we can expect too much from them regardless of whom that may be. In terms of route trees and learning the offense, there's a lot for a receiver to digest, and the coaching staff has always taken the patient, long road in developing receivers (exception being Randall Cobb). There are plenty of unknowns with this cast of young receivers we've brought in, and starting in couple weeks, the battle for the #5 spot will be one of the better ones in training camp.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been awhile since I posted on here...

Here is who I am projecting on 53:

QB - 2 (Rodgers and Harrell)
RB - 3 (Lacy, Franklin, Harris/Green/Starks)
FB - 1 (Kuhn)
WR - 5 (Cobb, Jones, Nelson, Boykin, Ross/Johnson/Walker)
TE - 4 (Finley, Williams, Quarless, Taylor/Stoneburner/Mulligan/Bostick)
OL - 9 (Bulaga, Sitton, EDS, Lang, Barclay, Bakhtiari, Newhouse, +2 more, Tretter - PUP)
DL - 7 (Pickett, Raji, Neal, Jones, Wilson, Daniels, Boyd - Worthy PUP)
OLB - 4 (CM3, Perry, Moses, Palmer/Mulumba)
ILB - 5 (Hawk, Jones, Manning, Francois, Barrington/Lattimore)
CB - 6 (Williams, Shields, Hayward, House, Hyde, Bush)
S - 4 (Burnett, McMillian, Jennings, Richardson)

LS - 1 (Goode)
K - 1 (Crosby)
P - 1 (Masthay)

I think we have a very deep team, outside of the Safety position (unless McMillian really pulls through).
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

The offensive line is one of the hardest to predict, and I would be shocked if we went with nine guys there.

Starting 5: Bulaga - Sitton - Dietrich Smith - Lang - Barclay

Bench: David Bakhtiari (ability to play inside or out), Patrick Lewis (I think he has a chance to push Dietrich-Smith hard for the center spot and can hopefully show versatility inside), and Marshall Newhouse (can play either tackle spot)

I find it difficult to invest more spot than that and the emphasis needs to be put on guys who have the versatility to play more than one spot so we're not wasting roster spots and coaching staff usually does a pretty good job of doing so.

The defensive line is similar. Can we really afford to have seven guys along the front? I don't think so because there are many instances where we don't even use three guys along the front; again versatility is the key. I think we move forward with Pickett, Raji, Jones, Neal, Daniels and Boyd.

Last edited by princefielder28 : 07-12-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:58 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I just sold some golf stuff last night to a dude from SMU who had a short tryout with the Packers this spring... forgot his name, Mc_something I think.
White guy, OC/G.... nice dude. Wish he would have made the roster.

Said he loved Green Bay and everything about it...
Old 07-13-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I just sold some golf stuff last night to a dude from SMU who had a short tryout with the Packers this spring... forgot his name, Mc_something I think.
White guy, OC/G.... nice dude. Wish he would have made the roster.

Said he loved Green Bay and everything about it...
probably Blake McJunkin

Old 07-13-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I was just thinking today, Greg Jennings is going to be a Packers Hall of Famer in the future, right?

Old 07-14-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
I was just thinking today, Greg Jennings is going to be a Packers Hall of Famer in the future, right?
I attended his first ever game as a Packer, a shutout loss at home to the Bears, and I met and talked to his parents that day.

Loved them.
Loved Jennings. He was great and had 2 big touchdowns in our tight Super Bowl win.
He was always a classy guy.

But then he had some problem with the team, with Rodgers, with management, whatever comments his sister made about Rodgers and about the team, SOME of that surely came from Greg's mouth first. A little at least.

And then Ted tried hard to keep him. But he CHOSE to leave and he CHOSE to go to MINNESOTA.
Bishop wanted to stay a Packer.
Sharper even wanted to stay a Packer.
Kampman wanted to stay a Packer.
Al Harris wanted to remain a Packer.

Jennings is different.

I vote no.