Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-09-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ugh, rush. so overrated.
I'm not a huge Rush fan myself, but I do enjoy their music quite a bit. But I love progressive, developmental music. And if you are trying to undersell their rhythm section... just no. Don't even start, they are extremely gifted and great at what they do.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Being a drummer for 28 years and having studied music into my college years, I can promise that Peart isn't respected because of how many pieces his kit is.
I am being facetious.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
geddy isn't a great bassist,
Is this a typo?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no. i don't find him all that impressive.
All three are absolutely masterful when it comes to playing their instruments. I can understand Rush hate on the basis of Geddy's voice, but I was so blown away by how absolutely spectacular they were when it came to actually playing their instruments. Rush killed it. I'm closing out Bluesfest with BB King on Sunday, should be awesome as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no. i don't find him all that impressive.
He's universally regarded as one of the best rock and roll bass players to exist. And this regard is given to him by fellow professional bass players.

By that, I'm just intrigued to know what a bass player has to do for you to be impressed by him/her?

;)
Old 07-09-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
By that, I'm just intrigued to know what a bass player has to do for you to be impressed by him/her?
Les Claypool

Old 07-09-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Les Claypool
touche

He's my all-time favorite.

Guess who his idol is?..... Geddy Lee
Old 07-09-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm here to defend Rush. McGee demanded it, so it shall be done.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
vic wooten is ten times the bassist lee is.
With that said, we can all get along...

Old 07-10-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooten takes it, dudes, he makes sound patterns on a bass that I can only dream of. He is probably the most technically gifted bass player to have walked the planet.

At Bonnaroo, for their Superjam, Larry Graham (from Sly and the Family Stone) was the bass player. He doesn't drop bombs like Wooten does, but he is by far the most authoritative bass player I've ever heard. His sound alone, even when playing the simplest bassline, fills the air, and hits you from all angles, equally. And the man is funky as ****, and can groove so damn much.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheer luck put me front row practically on the stage for Animal Collective and Weezer last night. Animal Collective put on a short show but they were incredible. I was a bit worried their sound wouldn't translate well to a live setting but I was completely wrong. This was my second time seeing Weezer and Bluesfest and they were even better than the last time. I also caught a guitar pick that Rivers threw so that was cool.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw the Joy Formidable at a free/private show last night. There were less than 100 people there, an open bar, and free food. The singer jammed in the middle of the crowd a couple times.

Probably the coolest live music experience I've had. Rolling Stone sponsored it and really hooked it up.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
I saw the Joy Formidable at a free/private show last night. There were less than 100 people there, an open bar, and free food. The singer jammed in the middle of the crowd a couple times.

Probably the coolest live music experience I've had. Rolling Stone sponsored it and really hooked it up.
So getting there at 5:30 would probably be way too ******* early then, lol.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
So getting there at 5:30 would probably be way too ******* early then, lol.
haha yeah we were surprised. We got there around 6:30 and got dinner across the street so we could keep an eye on the line.

I immediately regretted spending money before the show after realizing there was free food/drinks before they started playing.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

The Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes album is on NPR, and comes out next Tuesday. I'll most likely be buying this album.

http://www.npr.org/2013/07/14/200497...magnetic-zeros

I haven't gotten to listen to anything beyond "Better Days" which is already a single, but it's Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, it will be a wonderful, magical, enlightening album, I'm sure. It's in their nature.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes album is on NPR, and comes out next Tuesday. I'll most likely be buying this album.

http://www.npr.org/2013/07/14/200497...magnetic-zeros

I haven't gotten to listen to anything beyond "Better Days" which is already a single, but it's Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, it will be a wonderful, magical, enlightening album, I'm sure. It's in their nature.
The 2nd album was a big disappointment for me.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
The 2nd album was a big disappointment for me.
Really? I absolutely love "Here". Man on Fire is a great great song that puts a smile on my face every time I hear it. Fiya Wata is in my top tier of favorite songs. The lyrics to that, as well as the arrangement of that song are a powerfully spiritual experience for me, that is the manner in which I love that song. And it finishes with All Wash Out... for me, that's just about perfect.

I don't know, I like every one of the songs that they've ever released, to be honest, but I really do think "Here" is a strong album. The first three songs are so up-beat and get you going, and then they bring it down and really bring in some deep, heavy themes throughout the rest. At least for me, there is something I love in every one of those songs.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really? I absolutely love "Here". Man on Fire is a great great song that puts a smile on my face every time I hear it. Fiya Wata is in my top tier of favorite songs. The lyrics to that, as well as the arrangement of that song are a powerfully spiritual experience for me, that is the manner in which I love that song. And it finishes with All Wash Out... for me, that's just about perfect.

I don't know, I like every one of the songs that they've ever released, to be honest, but I really do think "Here" is a strong album. The first three songs are so up-beat and get you going, and then they bring it down and really bring in some deep, heavy themes throughout the rest. At least for me, there is something I love in every one of those songs.
The album felt like an AA meeting to me. It got preachy and I didn't connect with it at any level. I've chosen Family of the Year's Loma Vista as the spiritual follow up to Up From Below.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I ended up seeing the Arkells and BB King this weekend to close out Bluesfest. Both were unreal. Arkells did a wicked awesome covers of Rock the Casbah and I Want You Back, and seeing BB King live was honestly one of the coolest things I could ever hope to see. The smoothest man who has ever lived and a true professional. Warm, gentlemanly and absolutely stellar with that guitar in his hands. He loved the crowd so much, it was just ******* incredible. So fortunate to have seen that. 87 years old too, he's getting up there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
The album felt like an AA meeting to me. It got preachy and I didn't connect with it at any level. I've chosen Family of the Year's Loma Vista as the spiritual follow up to Up From Below.
I could see how it could come off that way to some people, but I was soaking up every second of Here, and still do. The album they come out with is fantastic though, I think you would appreciate the feel of this a little more than Here, though there are some of those "preachy" elements to it, but I'm soaking it in. I've found that I enjoy their albums the more I listen to them, maybe another play through could offer up another fresh new perspective into it, I've found that I find new ways to connect with music (even stuff I don't connect with all that much to start) after I haven't listened to it in a while.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

so freaking good

Old 07-17-2013, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm listening to the songs of ice and fire by ryan yunck.
http://ryanyunck.bandcamp.com/

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:30 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time spent not listening to Rush is wasted time.