Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-11-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#NeverforgetSiri
Old 07-12-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still digging my Nexus 4 and only paying $30ish/month for unlimited data. It's not perfect but the phone is still great and it's SO cheap. I've been buying $50 promo tmobile cards for about $42 on ebay to save more. My cell bill hasn't been this cheap since 2001. I'm sure the Note 3, S4, and even the iPhone 6 are all great but I don't see myself upgrading for a long time.

I am looking forward to the new version of Android, whenever that's supposed to come out.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Still digging my Nexus 4 and only paying $30ish/month for unlimited data. It's not perfect but the phone is still great and it's SO cheap. I've been buying $50 promo tmobile cards for about $42 on ebay to save more. My cell bill hasn't been this cheap since 2001.
Yep it's

"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
the 4 is pretty modern though, it's not like you're back on an X or anything. i'm getting moderately slammed on verizon, but t-mobile and sprint are a joke out here, and at&t doesn't work in the mountains, so i'm a bit stuck.
This is the same story in the dakotas. Verizon has the market here. Sprint has a small market but they are awful here. Verizon has great service for the dakota's, but everything else sucks so it's our only option.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new Moto X phone sucks. Where's all that Android innovation guys?

#iOS7In2013
Old 07-18-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the 4 is pretty modern though, it's not like you're back on an X or anything. i'm getting moderately slammed on verizon, but t-mobile and sprint are a joke out here, and at&t doesn't work in the mountains, so i'm a bit stuck.
Given where you live, I can understand why you would want Verizon. It's those damn laws of physics.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I thought about going with the GS4, or...verizon is coming out with new motorola phones, which motorola is now owned by google. The new motorola phones actually look pretty decent, and when I had a droid x 1 I liked it. For now I'm still rocking my galaxy nexus, and I'm probably going to use this phone until it dies on me completely or I have to replace the battery. I'm also thinking about the nexus 4, which i'm not a huge fan of only because it doesn't have LTE from verizon which I want. Thoughts?

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Get the iPhone 5s when it comes out.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
So I thought about going with the GS4, or...verizon is coming out with new motorola phones, which motorola is now owned by google. The new motorola phones actually look pretty decent, and when I had a droid x 1 I liked it. For now I'm still rocking my galaxy nexus, and I'm probably going to use this phone until it dies on me completely or I have to replace the battery. I'm also thinking about the nexus 4, which i'm not a huge fan of only because it doesn't have LTE from verizon which I want. Thoughts?
HTC One is still the best phone on the market, followed by the GS4. The Moto X appears to be a solid phone and is getting rave reviews (http://gizmodo.com/moto-x-review-the...ody-1034784286

The Nexus 5 is supposed to be coming and is rumored for this November. It is supposed to be quite the thing if the new Nexus 7 is any precursor.

I think I am waiting to see what the new Nexus shapes up to be but my fall back is going to be the HTC One.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If I ever leave Apple, which I don't see happening, but if I ever do, it's gonna be for a Nexus phone. The Nexus is hands down the best android phone. It's not even close.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
HTC One is still the best phone on the market, followed by the GS4. The Moto X appears to be a solid phone and is getting rave reviews (http://gizmodo.com/moto-x-review-the...ody-1034784286

The Nexus 5 is supposed to be coming and is rumored for this November. It is supposed to be quite the thing if the new Nexus 7 is any precursor.

I think I am waiting to see what the new Nexus shapes up to be but my fall back is going to be the HTC One.
Yeah I just started reading on the nexus 5. I'm thinking i'm probably going to wait for that and see what surfaces.

And **** off bbd.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know a couple of you have the Nexus 4 and TMobile. Have any of you tried enabling TMo LTE? Indy supposedly has TMo's LTE but I have just not gotten around to rooting my phone and following the instructions. I'm really not dissatisfied with HSPA+, and apparently using LTE drains the battery very quickly.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-06-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The new Moto X phone sucks. Where's all that Android innovation guys?

#iOS7In2013
Hah, says the iPhone supporter. I ******* hate my iPhone so much. Locks up, freezes, and the lack of customization is absurd. Apple is probably the least innovative phone company around.

I can't wait for my next upgrade in a year to switch over to an S5 or something.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Hah, says the iPhone supporter. I ******* hate my iPhone so much. Locks up, freezes, and the lack of customization is absurd. Apple is probably the least innovative phone company around.

I can't wait for my next upgrade in a year to switch over to an S5 or something.
My girlfriend just got an iphone recently. I can't wait til this starts happening to her. My GNex was having issues for the longest time freezing or sending me duplicate texts or restarting, but the most recent OS update fixed all of that and it has run flawlessly ever since.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'd take a long look at the moto x if i was buying now and could ween myself off of the note. the huge screen is just too fantastic, though.
I'm thinking real hard about getting the Note 3 when it's released. I love huge phones and big screens. If I get one I'm buying an extended battery as well. They are revealing it on sept 3rd so it shouldnt be too far off. I'm not sure I can lose the physical keyboard. Actual keys just feel so much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

You need to get a new iPhone bc this literally never happens to mine. Mine is perfectly fine. To compare the reliability of my iPhone vs the Android I used to have is night and day. It's not even close. Androids are not nearly as smooth or as reliable, it's not even close.

Go the Apple Store and get a new one, bc yours is clearly malfunctioning.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:04 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You need to get a new iPhone bc this literally never happens to mine. Mine is perfectly fine. To compare the reliability of my iPhone vs the Android I used to have is night and day. It's not even close. Androids are not nearly as smooth or as reliable, it's not even close.

Go the Apple Store and get a new one, bc yours is clearly malfunctioning.
You must either be older than CJ... or just incapable of using a phone. I have had an Android phone for about 4 years now and I have had barely any issues. My old GS1 still functions and I have used it has a back up from time to time. My Galaxy Nexus is the best phone I have had to date by far.

Mine works exactly how I want it without many issues so either you cant use an Android phone because of its "complexities" or you are an extremely light user.

Not to mention YOU ARE COMPARING AN IPHONE 4s (or whatever you have) to YOUR OLD DROID X... Hardly a fair comparison.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
You must either be older than CJ... or just incapable of using a phone. I have had an Android phone for about 4 years now and I have had barely any issues. My old GS1 still functions and I have used it has a back up from time to time. My Galaxy Nexus is the best phone I have had to date by far.

Mine works exactly how I want it without many issues so either you cant use an Android phone because of its "complexities" or you are an extremely light user.

Not to mention YOU ARE COMPARING AN IPHONE 4s (or whatever you have) to YOUR OLD DROID X... Hardly a fair comparison.
I'm not the only one who had this problem. Several of my friends just got sick with their androids crapping out on them and went iphone and never looked back. One had a GS1, the other had a Motorola something or whatever, the other had a thunderbolt. Android sucks.

The only Android phone that I really really like is the Nexus. Next time I'm up for a new phone, I'm going to compare the current iPhone at that time to the current Nexus and make an informed decision.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

You just listed three 1st and 2nd generation Android phones... You are comparing a Dodge Neon to a BMW 5 Series.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Well like I said, in a year or so when my contract is up, I'll reevaluate. I really like the smoothness and reliability, function and speed of my iPhone. I really have no complaints with it, whereas Android left a sour taste in my mouth.

I was very impressed with the Nexus though. I was this close to getting a Nexus over the iPhone bc of how incredibly smooth and sexy it was. But I decided I wanted to try something new.

So I'll compare the 2 when the time is right, and I'll make a decision from there. I'm not totally against buying another Android phone, but the hate for the iPhone is getting a bit ridiculous as well. It's a damn good phone, and compared to the s3 which came out around the same time, it's faster, smoother, sharper, and just more user friendly.

It's also unfair to compare the iPhone 5 to all these phones that came out after it as well, that goes both ways.

I've used my brother's S3 plenty of times and I like my iPhone 5 much more than the S3. His S3 has crapped out a couple of times as well.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I really need to get a case for my Nexus. I keep dropping it.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-07-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
I dropped my GNex from about 4 feet off the ground on hard pavement and it's still running like a champ. I should say i've done this about 7 times.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ringke fusion ftw.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Ringke fusion ftw.
That is one I've been looking at. I like the clear back.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-07-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
i did that with my original note2. probably dropped it 30+ times without even a scratch. then i accidentally catapulted it out of my pocket (got tangled up in the headphone cord) and shattered the screen. phone insurance ftw. have a massive otter box on the thing, now.
I've never bought insurance for my phone. I told my girlfriend (Iphone user :/) that she has to get insurance on her phone since iphone screens crack at the shortest drop.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.