Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It definitely shouldn't amaze you that people are blind to anything regarding the Titans. Nobody watches the Titans.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I'll put it this way - I've yet to see adding two guards as the reason a RB, let alone a QB - take it to the next level.

Well blocked plays are few and far between in the NFL because of how good defenses are - ESPECIALLY when teams don't fully respect your passing attack.

Johnson's regressed because of his lack of vision and tendency to dance in the backfield. I won't argue that his OL is good - but it's silly to blame linemen when we see with our own eyes how indecisive and easy to tackle he is. I'm sure PFF's run blocking metrics have to do with the gain of each play, so of course the Titans OL ranked poorly with him dancing and not taking 3-4 yard gains. He's also going to lose the half step that made him special if he hasn't already.

I'll put it this way - if CJ becomes 1.5K this year it will be because Locker steps up - not because of Warmack/Levitre. 8-man boxes on every 1st and 2nd down are almost impossible to run on with any consistency in today's NFL.

It's not as simple as dominant OL on paper = offensive success. The Seahawks line isn't anything special but their RB takes what the defense gives him and punishes them to wear them down. CJ is an easy tackle and his inability to wear down defenses, while being the workhorse is another negative.

And Shonn Greene is not going to help that.

In the surprise team thread, a Titans fan argued for them. I would bet against that but any argument for them needs to start with Locker taking a huge step forward - not managing the game while two stud guards kickstart a bad running game. Stud guards can enhance a running game but only quarterback and running back play can kickstart it in terms of winning games.
I agree to some extent, but the Titans run offense was dominant with VY and KFC at QB, this was when the O-Line was arguably one of the best in the league. Locker will develop if the Titans can impose their will in the running game, not the other way around. I understand the comparison with the Seahawks, and it is true in that instance but it doesn't hold true for every offense in the NFL.

Chris put up nearly 1250 last season, and has been in the top 3 in rushing the past 3 seasons, despite a piss poor offensive line during most of that time. If Chris doesn't put up 1300+ yards it's because Shonn Greene received more touches than initially indicated.

Chris has shown no signs of slowing down yet, he put up 3 plays of 80 yards last season, even if someone were to argue that he is, he'd still be Top 2 in terms of fastest RB in the NFL.

The 8 man boxes are tough to run again, but CJ gained 2000 yards doing so. Chris gets knocked for not being a workhorse, yet he's carried the load by himself for the past 4 seasons, he's currently 5th on the list for carries by an active RB on a roster and of those 5 he has the least seasons played. Oh yeah, of those 5 he's the only one to have not missed a game due to injury.

For every play you claim you see him being indecisive and easy to tackle, you must turn away when the defender penetrates and hits him 3-4 yards in the backfield. You must look away when the offensive lineman gets pushed into the hole 2 yards deep. In Chris' first and 2nd season that was being called being a patient runner and waiting for the holes to open up, now since the offensive line sucks/can't hold a block and allows penetration, it's called him being indecisive.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
It definitely shouldn't amaze you that people are blind to anything regarding the Titans. Nobody watches the Titans.
Exactly. Yet everybody claims they know so much about it because they see 4 clips of the game
Old 07-11-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
lol i hate when people bring in PFF. PFF slogan should be "we watch the game so you dont have to!"

The interior line got pummeled last year, running games suffer because of that. When the steelers had sean mahan, or justin hartwig, or darnell stapleton, or trai essex, or any combination of them playing on the interior the RB was met in the backfield much more often than not, the titans had the same exact problem and they addressed it. Are the going to make locker better? no, but they will help. Chris johnson can still play, locker can move and he has WRs to grow with But not having a DT in your face or the RBs face instantly off the snap goes a long way towards learning how to go through your progressions and reading defenses.

You say great blocking is a rarity, it is, but im not talking about brick wall blocking here. Im saying ONE SECOND longer or 2 or 3 can make a huge difference in not being trigger happy, having sloppy feet, and poor decisions. Those guys can give him more time than what he was provided last year, thats all that matters. locker has to improve but having better blocking certainly doesnt hurt his chances of that

EDIT to respond to your edit: Stewart and Roos have definitely played well when they are healthy, but playing well on the end doesnt much for helping out the interior, while playing well on the interior usually makes life easier for the tackles. They obviously saw the hole and addressed it with a high price FA (arguably top 5 guard) and one of the best guard prospects to come around in a while as a top 10 pick.

I cant see how CJ and Locker dont have their best season together (no CJ wont get 2000, but hopefully for them they wont be in a position where they can play just to get him to that 2000). If it doesnt help them and they both suck, ill admit i was wrong, i just think that line had the potential to be GREAT which allows you to do a lot on offense
I can. They just aren't that good. That's my whole point. Adding two guards is not going to change them as players. They themselves need to play better, and if they don't - the guards won't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I agree to some extent, but the Titans run offense was dominant with VY and KFC at QB, this was when the O-Line was arguably one of the best in the league. Locker will develop if the Titans can impose their will in the running game, not the other way around. I understand the comparison with the Seahawks, and it is true in that instance but it doesn't hold true for every offense in the NFL.

Chris put up nearly 1250 last season, and has been in the top 3 in rushing the past 3 seasons, despite a piss poor offensive line during most of that time. If Chris doesn't put up 1300+ yards it's because Shonn Greene received more touches than initially indicated.

Chris has shown no signs of slowing down yet, he put up 3 plays of 80 yards last season, even if someone were to argue that he is, he'd still be Top 2 in terms of fastest RB in the NFL.

The 8 man boxes are tough to run again, but CJ gained 2000 yards doing so. Chris gets knocked for not being a workhorse, yet he's carried the load by himself for the past 4 seasons, he's currently 5th on the list for carries by an active RB on a roster and of those 5 he has the least seasons played. Oh yeah, of those 5 he's the only one to have not missed a game due to injury.

For every play you claim you see him being indecisive and easy to tackle, you must turn away when the defender penetrates and hits him 3-4 yards in the backfield. You must look away when the offensive lineman gets pushed into the hole 2 yards deep. In Chris' first and 2nd season that was being called being a patient runner and waiting for the holes to open up, now since the offensive line sucks/can't hold a block and allows penetration, it's called him being indecisive.
No. I'm arguing that he embraces the workhorse role, but that he is bad at it. Part of a workhorse's job is to deliver punishment to wear down the defense. CJ wants every carry and to dominate the ball and the defense welcomes it. That's a weakness in his game (mainly his selfish mentality) that affects the Titans. His best year is not something I'm trying to take away from him - but he hasn't played like that since and there was an element of luck involved (consider it an unusually high BABIP) - and I'd argue that the presence of Young helped a lot.

And that unusually high BABIP has changed his playing style, which defenses adjusted to and now we have a very unique player with inconsistent-to-below average production.

Quote:
Exactly. Yet everybody claims they know so much about it because they see 4 clips of the game
The thing is, you may only watch the Titans - but speaking for myself - I watch as many games as possible of all teams so I have a grasp on OL play leaguewide. Your opinion of your own team's OL is almost always more negative than the reality - you mention yourself CJ had 1200 yards last year. Watching some teams you think to yourself "why even try running - this OL SUCKS!" But it's all part of a bigger picture. The Bucs are a perfect example. Ask any Bucs fan - they had games where they couldn't block a soul. The difference was that Martin ran hard enough to get the 2-3 yard gains rather than the -1 or 0 yard gains on first and 2nd down. And by the fourth quarter the defense wasn't as stout. This is part of the reason why I love when teams come out throwing, get the defense a little tired, and then start running the football. I don't like running right at a completely fresh, foaming-at-the-mouth front 7-8, on the first play of the game. But teams do it because it makes them respect the run and sets up more manageable 3rd downs. A RB who is too selfish to realize that he's supposed to get 3 rather than try for 80 can really hurt the offense.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

First off, I watch tons of other games and not just Titans games. I have a solid grasp of offensive line play throughout the NFL. The Titans were by far a bottom 5 offensive line last season, and in a system that focuses very highly on pulling guards, having horrible guard play is not a good thing. Trust me, there's a reason the Titans went out and signed the best OG available in FA AND drafted one in the first round.

CJ can grind it out fine, the problem is the offensive line couldn't do it consistently last season. The past two seasons, Chris Palmer never ran a consistent game plan as far as calling run plays goes. Two seasons Chris had like 12 rushes for around 60 yards at halftime verses the Bengals, he finished the game with 14 for 64. The play-calling and offensive line has been poor for the past two seasons.

It's funny the praise that Jamaal Charles gets for his runs, and the absolute disrespect Chris gets for his.

We'll see after this season, and if I'm wrong I will gladly admit it. Personally, I think with the new O-Line (assuming everyone is healthy, Roos/LeVitre and Stewart are all recovering) and a back to carry some of the load he'll have a great year.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson ahead of RG3.......

ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

As of right now, I'd rank Wilson ahead of RG3 as well. It's only 1 spot also, not like there's a huge difference there
Old 07-11-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As of right now, I'd rank Wilson ahead of RG3 as well. It's only 1 spot also, not like there's a huge difference there
Yeah its one spot and maybe when you add in the injury I guess I could see the argument, but based on last years gameplay I'd put RG3 over Wilson, even if it was just switching them one spot.

Also, Sanchez really deserves to be last, and even with Vick's drop off in production I would still take him over Palmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can. They just aren't that good. That's my whole point. Adding two guards is not going to change them as players. They themselves need to play better, and if they don't - the guards won't matter.

chris johnson is still a top 5-7 back in the league, he is that good. People have flip flopped on him so hard...ive remained pretty constant on him, even with the 200 yard season, even with the down year, even with the get paid and get lazy attitude.

from 2010 after CJs season...lot of love for him, but 2 years later there way more hate for him

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41393

point is, he is that good and locker can be that good. I dont get why you are SO down on him, he was obviously talented but raw, he should have never played early on. In fact...at this mock i made in 2011 here is what i said about locker (total coincidence i have him to the seahawks)

Quote:
25. Seattle* (7-9) – Jake Locker QB Washington
• Im rolling the dice here but it seems so perfect, locker is my #1 QB this year and he would have been last year…the hawks wanted clausen at 13 last year until earl Thomas fell to them…they see much of locker in Washington, hes got a big arm, hes got wheels on him, and hes a perfect fit for their wco. Maybe sit a year or two but he could be the future of their franchise. Sitting behind hasslebeck and Whitehurst for a year or two could be the difference between being alex smith and aaron Rodgers…jmo
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...+rodgers+years

And that was before alex smith "turned the corner" (supposedly). Point is, hes not the first highly touted QB to struggle his first few years, people want to give up on guys so fast if they arent luck, roethlisberger, griffen, ect. I think hes very talented, he can really be a player in the league

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson is not better than RG3...he played admirably last year and won that job outright, but hes going to be a player that plateaus more than he rises imo

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Matt Schaub!

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dennis Dixon...just wait..

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wilson is not better than RG3...he played admirably last year and won that job outright, but hes going to be a player that plateaus more than he rises imo
I'm holding out on judging them both fully, but I'd give Wilson the nod right now because of the offense he was running. He ran a more conventional offense and did so at a high level.

RG3 ran the new fad offense that is yet to be seen on if it will continue to work. RG3 is the more talented QB, but I can't give him the nod yet.

I am a big RG3 fan, been touting him since his freshman year at Baylor and was one of the few touting him as a top 5 pick before the season he went pro. So in otherwords, it's not that I don't like RG3, I just would place Wilson above him for various reasons right now.

Rg3 has the higher ceiling
Old 07-11-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If he can consistently put up seasons like last year's I don't think Seahawks fans would mind too much if he plateaus
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i wish RG3 would run an offense like wilson does, because i fully believe hed excel in it. If shanahan wont ditch the gimmicky offense its going to be the death of RG3.

RG3 has everything to be a drop back passer and be great. The read option is cute, but imo it will hinder his development as a pro QB even if it is maximizing his most enticing skill which is his athleticism

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
If he can consistently put up seasons like last year's I don't think Seahawks fans would mind too much if he plateaus
didnt say it was a bad thing, but his first 8 games were also pretty so-so if i recall correctly...nitpicking since it was his first 8 games as a pro, obvious adjustments need to be made but there is still PLENTY to see on the development of these young guys who dazzled us all last year

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Over each of their last 8 games last season:

Russell Wilson 123 of 183 (67%) for 1652 yards (9.03 YPA) for 16 TDs and 2 INTs.
58 carries for 361 yards (6.3 avg) and 4 TDs. Record 7-1

Robert Griffin III 125 of 204 (61%) for 1599 yards (7.83 YPA) for 13 TDs and 2 INTs.
56 carries for 347 yards (6.2 avg) and 1 TD. Record 6-2
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Over each of their last 8 games last season:

Russell Wilson 123 of 183 (67%) for 1652 yards (9.03 YPA) for 16 TDs and 2 INTs.
58 carries for 361 yards (6.3 avg) and 4 TDs. Record 7-1

Robert Griffin III 125 of 204 (61%) for 1599 yards (7.83 YPA) for 13 TDs and 2 INTs.
56 carries for 347 yards (6.2 avg) and 1 TD. Record 6-2
Colin Kaepernick 137 of 224 (62%) for 1932 yards (8.63 YPA) for 11 TD and 4 INTs.
57 carries for 465 yards (8.2 avg) and 4 TD. Record 5-3

For side-by-side comparison only since he isn't in the rankings.

For comparison only
Old 07-11-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering where RGIII and Wilson are ranked I think it's nitpicking to dispute them. Especially considering Newton is 18 with the 2 seasons he's had with far less help, and far more on his shoulders then either of those 2, and 3 including Kaepernick. I don't think that's really taken into consideration. Cam wasn't eased into anything, he was handed the reigns and told to make it happen, and he's done an amazing job the last 2 years even with some shaky accuracy at times.

Both RGIII and Wilson being in the top half of the league shows how good they really were last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Colin Kaepernick 137 of 224 (62%) for 1932 yards (8.63 YPA) for 11 TD and 4 INTs.
57 carries for 465 yards (8.2 avg) and 4 TD. Record 5-3

For side-by-side comparison only since he isn't in the rankings.

For comparison only
Yeah, they've all got pretty similar ways of contributing to their offenses. They're all mobile, hard to sack and can spin a really nice deep ball.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson and Griffin are pretty damn close so I wouldn't knock either pick. Wilson had more team talent to rely on and Griffin had the read option game that produced big rushing yards and simplified defenses. Wilson is a good runner but he is more of a scrambler. I question the read option and Griffins long term health. Both are legit.

ps luck #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great list so far. Although Rivers, Freeman and Vick are too high.

Building off Jaws' list, I'd go...

32 Flynn
31 Kolb
30 Sanchez
29 Vick
28 Locker
27 Freeman
26 Henne
25 Ponder
24 Weeden
23 Smith
22 Palmer
21 Tannehill
20 Rivers
19 Cutler
18 Schaub
17 Bradford
16 Dalton
15 Newton
14 Stafford
13 Romo
12 Griffin
11 Wilson
10 Luck
9. Ryan
8. Kaepernick
7. E. Manning
6. Flacco
5. P. Manning
4. Roethlisberger
3. Brees
2. Rodgers
1. Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Considering where RGIII and Wilson are ranked I think it's nitpicking to dispute them. Especially considering Newton is 18 with the 2 seasons he's had with far less help, and far more on his shoulders then either of those 2, and 3 including Kaepernick. I don't think that's really taken into consideration. Cam wasn't eased into anything, he was handed the reigns and told to make it happen, and he's done an amazing job the last 2 years even with some shaky accuracy at times.

Both RGIII and Wilson being in the top half of the league shows how good they really were last year.
It's truly amazing how many of the people that are praising RG3, Wilson and Kaepernick are the same one's that are criticizing Cam (not necessarily on this board, but throughout the net)

Cam has had very little to work with, the only one even close is RG3. If Cam were a 49er I think he'd do even better than what Kaep has been doing.

Placing any of those 3 over Cam right now is really pushing it in my eyes.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
20 Rivers
19 Cutler
18 Schaub
17 Bradford
16 Dalton
15 Newton
14 Stafford
13 Romo
12 Griffin
11 Wilson
10 Luck
9. Ryan
8. Kaepernick
7. E. Manning
6. Flacco
5. P. Manning
4. Roethlisberger
3. Brees
2. Rodgers
1. Brady
I don't know how anyone can have Cutler, Dalton, Schaub, and Bradford ahead of Rivers. Newton, maybe, but for sure not those previous 4.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Rivers arm was dead last season. Hopefully with the offseason he worked to improve it and he's not Pennington 2.0