Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-11-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
How short ?
http://tenminutepodcast.com/2012/12/...th-short-hair/

Chris D'Elia explains it decently well in the first ~5 minutes of the above. Basically, any girl that still looks good with short hair would look even better with long hair.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
And girls that cut their hair short. **** them too.
Couldn't agree more. I've seen a number of girls go from hot to almost hot due to short hair to hipster with short hair to full blown hippy-don't-care-about-personal-appearance-or-being-skinny-and-hot-anymore.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's important to have waiters and chefs willing to slightly edit the menu for the customer (you'll never know when it's an allergy), but id honestly flip my **** if someone brought their own flour and expected me to make their pasta from scratch, just for them.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
It's important to have waiters and chefs willing to slightly edit the menu for the customer (you'll never know when it's an allergy), but id honestly flip my **** if someone brought their own flour and expected me to make their pasta from scratch, just for them.
I think allergies are the general exception.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
And girls that cut their hair short. **** them too.
This. So this. We should make it a law that women must have shoulder length hair at a minimum.

I love long straight hair. The longer the better.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
exactly. if i want some gluten free **** to support my fad inanity of the day, i'll either find a restaurant that offers it, or i'll cook at home.
Yeah, one of my friends has Celiac disease (when you're allergic to gluten), and he doesn't even pull that type of stuff. He got educated on places around here that have gluten free options on the menu and goes to those, and when he does go places, he does what he can to make it easier on the people while limiting his exposure. But if you're going on a gluten free diet, and not allergic or anything, don't go out of your way to make anyone else go out of their way, that's just being a cockmuncher.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i like the idea behind a lot of them, that is, stop eating so much **** that's equivalent to sugar. but gluten free is idiotic, unless you actually have celiac or a wheat allergy.
Exactly, its the carbs (processed, refined sugar) you're trying to avoid (basically just another incarnation of the Adkins diet) when people go gluten free. Diets, in general, are stupid, because as soon as you quit, you go back to old eating habits, and eventually, your old body. Just learn eat balanced and healthy, once I started eating healthy I started losing excess weight, and still am. You don't need to go gluten free, go on weight watchers, or order ******* Nutrisystem to lose weight, you need to learn to develop healthy eating habits.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
that was me senior year of college. had gone from playing sports year round, to basically riding a skateboard to class and back. ballooned up like, 80 pounds. realized i was a fat slob, stopped drinking soda, stopped eating garbage, started running, dropped all 80 in about a summer. seeing pictures in the intervening time is now terrifying.
This is pretty much what I've been doing the past 4-5 months, and I've lost nearly 40 pounds, and become much more fit and healthy.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
This. So this. We should make it a law that women must have shoulder length hair at a minimum.

I love long straight hair. The longer the better.
Variety is the spice of life sir. All hair types are welcome.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Exactly, I like a nice head of hair, whichever color or style it may be.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When bagels are brought into the office, and I get there after all the asiago cheese ones are gone. Now I have to settle for some cinnamon-berry ********...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
agreed. some girls can pull off short hair very well
Old 07-12-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
When bagels are brought into the office, and I get there after all the asiago cheese ones are gone. Now I have to settle for some cinnamon-berry ********...
ha i just had an asiago cheese bagel with honey almond shmear at my office. there's still two left.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
ha i just had an asiago cheese bagel with honey almond shmear at my office. there's still two left.
Oh, the honey almond was gone too. I had cinnamon and I think cranberry with plain cream cheese. #firstworldproblems

Also, there is legit zero reason for anyone under 30 to not know how to compitently use a computer and specifically Microsoft Office. I don't expect everyone to be awesome at using a computer, but come on people you don't use backspace to delete cell contents and you can highlight a bunch of cells to get a total, you don't need to create an auto sum cell.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-12-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would destroy your life on powerpoint.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
agreed. some girls can pull off short hair very well
I love short hair but it really requires the right features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I would destroy your life on powerpoint.
Like blow my mind with your awesomeness, or killing me with the fact that you spend more time on making sure each slide has cool transitions rather than not writing a paragraph of info that takes up the entire slide?

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-12-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Like blow my mind with your awesomeness, or killing me with the fact that you spend more time on making sure each slide has cool transitions rather than not writing a paragraph of info that takes up the entire slide?
Cool transitions for the win.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 07-12-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Cool transitions for the win.
Are you a fade in/out man or a star wipe man?

Seriously though, I'm not great at powerpoint but I can put together a decent to good presentation in a pretty short period of time. I just don't understand how anyone who has graduated from highschool in the last 10 years but can't effectively use excel or do simple formatting in word. I'm pretty sure they teach you how to use a computer in like 1st grade now.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-12-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Natural Fader.

I'm pretty shocked by the amount of people that don't understand Excel. I think they get overwhelmed by the grids and don't even try to learn how easy it really is.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-12-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've become an excel pro. I used to hate it, but with all the data I track these days it's a life saver.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
the only people who use excel are in accounting/finance. there isn't anyone else in the real world who uses it for anything serious. why would i possibly care that i can highlight some cells and get the sum?
didn't see this coming from you.....not at all...

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-12-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Scientists and engineers use it all the time. Tracking data is critical, especially when you make changes to a process and have to project how that change influences certain quantities of raw material.

Some of it is for the finances of the project, some of it is for consumables. Either way you need it.

Also it's great for graphing data and spotting trends, for efficiency of equipment and process variables.

It's a must have basically. I have spread sheets for days.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That too. It's helpful for PM ****.

Microsoft Project is the worst. Talk about useless software. That takes the cake.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe its because I've been using it for 5 years, but I actually kinda like Project...I'm also EXTREMELY fond of Excel and use it all the time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote