Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-11-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Someone help me with crafting in SWTOR!!
What do you need to know? It's pretty straight forward but I'm around if you have questions.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just spent money on new glasses :C so sad I shouldnt buy anything but i want to

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bioshock Infinite is 50% off. Awesome game if anyone hasn't played it yet.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So.. what kind of gaming rigs do you guys have? My custom build (haven't upgraded at all for a few years)

Me:

* AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz Black Edition Deneb Quad Core
* SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 6850 1GB (best gfx card I've ever had, by far)
* G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 RAM
* ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G Motherboard
* CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 PSU (this thing is a beast)
* Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s ( :( easily the worst part of my rig. Bought in '07)

also have a Acer 27'' widescreen HD monitor that I got for free from my work

My machine is getting a bit gray in the whiskers, but still does the job perfectly fine with pretty much any game out there as of now.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
I was not quite prepared for the Steam sale (even though I knew it was coming today).

Core2 Duo E8400
GTX 260
8GB
Win7 64

Been wanting to upgrade to a 4770k and 770 or 780. House work and car stuff comes first, though.

I really haven't played anything that comes close to taxing my system. Maybe BF3 Beta?

Last edited by nepg : 07-11-2013 at 07:36 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i expect better than that, damix.
Ha, I don't need the power.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My old video of my current setup with just a few minor upgrades since that video.

Specs:
CM Storm Scout Mid Tower Case
Asrock Z77 Pro 4 Motherboard
Intel Core i7-3770 Quad Core Ivy Bridge
Antec 620 water cooling CPU
8 gigs of G. Skill Sniper DDR3 2133 Ram
XFX Double D Black Edition Radeon 7770 1gig 128bit
OCZ 750W PSU
OCZ 128 gig SSD
Seagate 2tb HD
27 inch samsung monitor

I've been planning on upgrading to a GTX 780 but **** keep coming up like buying new tires and glasses since i broke them; keeps getting delayed. Though the 7770 has been handling most of my games I play at high to very high settings.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really won't start seeing the current gen of "solid" GPUs being taxed until UE4 and Source2 games start coming out. Even then, if you have a GTX 660 GT or better, you're still more than fine for the foreseeable future since UE4 is optimized for the Kepler chip. They had the tech demo running on a single Kepler card last I heard, which was last year...so it was probably on a GTX 670. And they said they can still get a lot more out of the card with UE4.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i knew bantx would have the best system on here.
Thats debatable
  • Antec Lanboy Air Case - Blue
  • Asus ROG Crosshair V motherboard
  • AMD 8150 - 8 Cores 3.8 GHZ
  • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 Mhz
  • ATI 5970 - 2 GB 512 bit
  • Corsair 850W modular PSU
  • Seagate 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD
  • Asus Bluray burner
  • 2x Asus 27" Monitors
  • Razer Black Widow Ultimate
  • Razer Death Adder

Vidae's is really solid as well.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He might have a better CPU but I think the rest of the rig balances them out.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My comp wrecks his but I'm too lazy to post the specs.

Also apparently this works:

edit: Apparently it's once per Amazon account, so use it wisely.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

it's okay it's an older rig, once I get the beast of a gtx 780 it will trump.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:33 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Football Manager 13 for $9.99 on Steam Summer Sale now. Lasts another 6 hours and 30 minutes.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:42 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
it's okay it's an older rig, once I get the beast of a gtx 780 it will trump.
Well... yeah.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:44 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Football Manager 13 for $9.99 on Steam Summer Sale now. Lasts another 6 hours and 30 minutes.
Civ V is $7.50
Old 07-12-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
do you order the boxed copy? online download? how does their drm work?
I honestly don't know, I was just linked that picture.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Civ V is $7.50
purchased it!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
purchased it!
Wooo! I have tried Google talking you but you wont answer you bastard!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Civ V is $7.50
If I was home, I'd totes buy it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

You can still buy it even if you aren't home.

Download the app on your phone or go to Steam's website.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might as well post my specs as well,

NZXT Phantom - White/Red
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H
Core i7-3770k Ivy Bridge 3.5 GHz
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler
16 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Evga GTX 670 Superclocked 4GB 256 bit
Thermaltake 850w
Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM
27 inch LG Monitor
Steelseries Sensei mouse
Steelseries Apex keyboard

Was planning on buying 2 of those superclocked 670s. Haven't needed another so far, but soon. I'll probably get one after I finally get a SSD.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Welp nrk wins.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should all play some Civ 5 multiplayer. Games take a while but you can save them and play later.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My rig is old and was bottom tier when I built it in 2010

Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
APEVIA ATX-AQ700W-BK 700W ATX12V Power Supply
Western Digital 1TB Blue 7200 RPM 32MB cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Corsair XMS 12GB DDR3 1333 RAM
EVGA 01G-P3-1145-TR GeForce GTS 250 1GB 256-bit DDR3 PCI-E x16
AMD Athlon II X4 645 Propus 3.1GHz 95W Quad-Core
MSI 760GM-E51 (FX) AM3+ AMD 760G HDMI Micro ATX Mobo
Acer 23" LED monitor from 2007 still kicking 16:10 aspect ratio 1680x1050 native res
Razer Abyssus mouse

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote