Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-12-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The All Time NBA Draft

RULES

1. TACKLE had the idea of, rather than just drafting a player and assuming it was that person in his prime, we draft a single season of a player. So, if you want to draft Michael Jordan, you need to specify which season of Michael Jordan you're drafting, be it the 91-92 season, the 95-96 season, etc.

2. When you choose a player, you have to explain your pick. I'm not asking for an essay, but maybe a short little explanation on why you chose that season, maybe the stat line and/or their accomplishments that year.

3. Each player can only be drafted one time. So if someone takes 95-96 Jordan, no other version of Michael Jordan is available.

4. This is an all-time NBA draft, no ABA. Sorry, New York Nets lovers. Too many inflated stats in that league, hard to compare with the NBA.

5. On Basketball Reference, next to the year listing for each yearly stat line of a player, they state which position a player played that season. For a player to start in a spot for your team, they have to be listed at that position at least once in their career. So no Shaq at PF, no LeBron at PG, etc. They have to have actually played their position.

6. We will be drafting a team of 8 players.

7. The object of this draft is to create the best TEAM, not to draft the best collection of names. At the end of the draft, everyone will post their squad and do a small writeup about why your team works together, and how it would function on offense and defense with you as the coach.

8. A winner will be decided when each person who took part in this draft sends their own personal top 5 rankings to me via PM after everyone has posted their teams and explanations. A first place vote will receive 5 points, a second place vote will receive 4 points, third place 3, etc. I'll then post the overall rankings.

9. Be around or leave lists. We're not waiting 6 hours on your ass if other people are here to pick.

DRAFT

Wooty
comahan
Paul
Scottyboy
Metsox
TACKLE
Brodeur
Bantx

Bantx
Brodeur
TACKLE
Metsox
Scottyboy
Paul
Comahan
Wooty

Wooty
comahan
Paul
Scottyboy
Metsox
TACKLE
Brodeur
Bantx

Bantx
Brodeur
TACKLE
Metsox
Scottyboy
Paul
Comahan
Wooty

Wooty
comahan
Paul
Scottyboy
Metsox
TACKLE
Brodeur
Bantx

Bantx
Brodeur
TACKLE
Metsox
Scottyboy
Paul
Comahan
Wooty

Wooty
comahan
Paul
Scottyboy
Metsox
TACKLE
Brodeur
Bantx

Bantx
Brodeur
TACKLE
Metsox
Scottyboy
Paul
Comahan
Wooty

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

Last edited by comahan : 07-12-2013 at 11:11 PM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:46 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am down. 956-874-7723 should this start soon. I will create a big board after work today.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Count me in
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit: this is probably better for someone with more time and knowledge of previous seasons. i don't want to slow it down either since i'll be gone for all of sat.

Last edited by sbh15 : 07-12-2013 at 10:21 AM.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Wooty
2. comahan
3. Paul
4. Scottyboy
5. Metsox
6. TACKLE
7. Brodeur
8. Bantx

Draft order! Will snake of course. People can pick whenever, but there won't be any enforcing of a clock or anything like that until Sunday, to give folks time to make big boards and figure out which seasons they want to choose for the players they're considering.

Last edited by comahan : 07-12-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just getting the thread post. Also, come on! New York nets are the best! They're all I've got!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said in the other thread id do it :(
Old 07-12-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

972 330 9302
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
shoot you did too. sorry about that. you should've just come and claimed your spot in here! i really don't want to go any bigger than 8 with this because we're gonna have to dig deep enough as is. if anyone flakes out for one reason or another, you'll be the first guy off the bench.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
shoot you did too. sorry about that. you should've just come and claimed your spot in here! i really don't want to go any bigger than 8 with this because we're gonna have to dig deep enough as is. if anyone flakes out for one reason or another, you'll be the first guy off the bench.
I did community service for a church that needed gardening done today.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did community service for a church that needed gardening done today.
Lovely. I'm sure they appreciated a helping hand!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

It's my fault saints, I opened up the NBA thread and saw Scotty's post and didn't go any further back to see if anyone else had responded before him. I don't want to go any more than 8 people and dont want to boot anyone out though, so I cant do anything other than say my bad and I'll make sure you're in if someone bails in this or I do another nba draft in the future.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

S'all good guyez
Old 07-12-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Added a new rule.

5. On Basketball Reference, next to the year listing for each yearly stat line of a player, they state which position a player played that season. For a player to start in a spot for your team, they have to be listed at that position for at least one season of their career. So no Shaq at PF, no LeBron at PG, etc. They have to have actually played their position.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my.

I'm here.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:06 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Ill make a selection thread. Feel free to pick whenever you want, woot, but you dont have to pick until Sunday if you want to do some research.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll post it into the selection thread

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid choice, Paul. I was debating internally where I thought Shaq would go, and Lakers Shaq was a complete dominant and unstoppable force.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damnit i was wanting shaq on my squad

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Will be interesting to see who/when the next PG selection is.

Last edited by comahan : 07-13-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big O's 63-64 season was better.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Had to do it.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Had to do it.
Yes you did.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

I strongly considered him at #2