Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 05-29-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be very happy with Lyerla.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I'm not sure New England will draft another wide receiver. If you think about how the Patriots use their personnel, the most common formation is the "Ace" formation (1RB/2WR/2TE.) Right now, that personnel is projected to be composed of Stevan Ridley at RB, Danny Amendola/Aaron Dobson at WR, and Rob Gronkowski/Aaron Hernandez at TE. So, to get a wide receiver onto the field, you'd have to remove one of the guys there. When the Patriots go to a three-wide formation (maybe in an empty set, or due to injury), they have some options (Julian Edelman, Josh Boyce, etc.)

New England is a deep, well-rounded team, so they may be able to take the best player available approach, which could be a wide receiver, but I think the most likely "need" area will be upgrading at one of the following positions:

RG - Dan Connolly, Marcus Cannon
LE - Rob Ninkovich, Jake Bequette, Michael Buchanan
DT - Tommy Kelly, Armond Armstead

We haven't seen much of Cannon or Bequette, and we haven't seen any of Buchanan or Armstead, so it's difficult to evaluate at this point.
It appears every year that the Pats shuffle their receiving unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Johnny Manziel and Marcus Mariota before Tajh Boyd, throw in Bret Hundley too.
I honestly don't see Manziel as a Top 3 QB in this draft.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 05-31-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
I honestly don't see Manziel as a Top 3 QB in any draft.
Agreed
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oakland is bad, but...come on.

Wouldn't hate the pick, though...at least at this stage.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

What does your top 10 look like?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-03-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice pick for Miami. I'm a big fan of Cyrus.

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

Now that I looked at the schedule I see 2 maybe 3 winnable games outside the division

Week
2 Jacksonville
12 Tennessee
14 NYJ

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 07-06-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how this is not your average 2014 mock draft? No real surprises that are totally out there, I agree with a lot you have on there.

I must say the Tajh Boyd and Mariota, don't see how in the world Boyd is a top 6 pick. He is solid but there is a certain level of elite athletic ability and arm ability there with him, and Mariota, good luck without Chip Kelly, will see how that goes for him.

Jeff Driskel or Logan Thomas to me have more talent than both of these guys arguably in terms of their athletic ability and throwing arm/ arm strength. Sadly Driskel has signed with the Red Sox so see where he goes with his football life.

But like many have said most of the Boyd stuff is coming from Russell Wilson and his success last year. But Boyd simply does not have that type of an arm that Wilson does, and I don't think he has the composure either.

Malcolm Mitchell is an absolute star, he will be a 1st round pick when he comes out, the ball in his hands, he is absolutely elite. I expect a huge year out of him but he does need to get his act together off the field.

And Seantrel Henderson I would be surprised if he does not play himself into being a 1st round pick. Has the ability and finally played decent last season after a pretty sub par and lack luster first two seasons.

Aaron Colvin, a lot of people like him, but he has some what disappointed me, I thought he would be much better than he was and should have been drafted already. But will see what happens.

Louchiez Purifoy, interesting to see if he can play both ways this year. The two way corner is so interesting and rare. Malcolm Mitchell was said to be doing it last year and that never really happened much. Nickolas Brassell is going to be real exciting, coming back to Ole Miss, probably will not play both ways but with his speed and ball skills, hopefully they still let him return punts or kicks with that speed.

I would say some sleeper seniors are Zach Mettenberger, if he has a monster, with his size and arm, he could really climb up the charts. Stephen Morris is another, should have a killer season and shows awesome touch with the ball. Cornelius Lucas is a huge kid, good athlete and could really increase his stock with a good year. Jonotthan Harrison, plays a lot like the past great Florida center, big kid and powerful.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
I don't see how this is not your average 2014 mock draft? No real surprises that are totally out there, I agree with a lot you have on there.
Quandre Diggs is my biggest riser, I believe right now I am the only person to have him on the 1st Round radar.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 07-06-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Jeff Driskel or Logan Thomas to me have more talent than both of these guys arguably in terms of their athletic ability and throwing arm/ arm strength. Sadly Driskel has signed with the Red Sox so see where he goes with his football life.

Logan Thomas is awful. He is a guy who looks the part and just like last year, he will have his supporters. But he sucks and unless he takes a gigantic step this year, I don't see him ever being an NFL starter.

As for Driskell, he signed with Boston as a backup (similar to what Jake Locker did). But if he wants to be a high draft pick, he too needs to take a huge step. The Gators win in spite of him, not because of him. He had two games over 200 yards passing (none after week 4) and four games under 100 yards. If he was any good, the Gators would lean on him, not try to mask him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
jrdrylie

Logan Thomas is awful. He is a guy who looks the part and just like last year, he will have his supporters. But he sucks and unless he takes a gigantic step this year, I don't see him ever being an NFL starter.

As for Driskell, he signed with Boston as a backup (similar to what Jake Locker did). But if he wants to be a high draft pick, he too needs to take a huge step. The Gators win in spite of him, not because of him. He had two games over 200 yards passing (none after week 4) and four games under 100 yards. If he was any good, the Gators would lean on him, not try to mask him.
Logan Thomas, he is very similar to Josh Freeman, huge kid and that size is important at the next level and a lot of teams find it hard to pass up. Josh Freeman if you remember in college was considered pretty lazy, not living up to his ability but come draft day and after workouts he got picked high and has turned out to be a decent pro. Will Thomas do that, who knows but potentially he has something with that size and raw ability. That VT team has been playing poorly though for years and that defense is consistently overrated I feel. Even when they win the league they are still not even close to being a nationally elite team.

Driskel, yes he is very raw but showed flashes last year and that arm and athletic ability, it is impressive. I would hope he will improve this season and I expect him to do so.

Quote:
shylo3716
Quandre Diggs is my biggest riser, I believe right now I am the only person to have him on the 1st Round radar.
Diggs is a not a huge out of the norm pick, he is a very good player but hard to notice him on a Texas team that has been very sub par over the past few seasons. Has great ball skills, quick, covers well, great tackler for his size, good with the ball in his hands. But like I said, hard to notice him on an awful Texas defense last year, they just seemed terrible to me and that is hard to believe since they had Okafor, Jeffcoat, Diggs and Vaccaro on that defense. So either they do not play as a group, have a bad coordinator or some of those players are not actually that good.

Diggs again though I would not say is a stretch as a 1st rounder. It is probably more people might not think he will come out and is not better than Roby or Ekpre-Olomu.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:36 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Diggs is a not a huge out of the norm pick, he is a very good player but hard to notice him on a Texas team that has been very sub par over the past few seasons. Has great ball skills, quick, covers well, great tackler for his size, good with the ball in his hands. But like I said, hard to notice him on an awful Texas defense last year, they just seemed terrible to me and that is hard to believe since they had Okafor, Jeffcoat, Diggs and Vaccaro on that defense. So either they do not play as a group, have a bad coordinator or some of those players are not actually that good.

Diggs again though I would not say is a stretch as a 1st rounder. It is probably more people might not think he will come out and is not better than Roby or Ekpre-Olomu.
2 seasons
72 solo 8 INT 22 PBU 2 FF

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 07-14-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm down with Big Cyrus. I also wouldn't mind Seantrel there as long as he gets it together this season.

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:30 AM    (permalink
freak_of_nature
Rookie

freak_of_nature hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Nice pick for Miami. I'm a big fan of Cyrus.
Hopefully we traded up to get him.

Miami should go BPA amongst LT, TE, DT, FS, 4-3 SLB in the 1st round.
freak_of_nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not only is Mosley a poor fit for the Tampa 2, but Dallas has no need to spend a 1st on a LB. We have 2 studs in Lee and Carter, Justin Durant is young and just signed to play Sam, and we have good depth in Ernie Sims, Alex Albright, Davonte Holloman and Brandon Magee.

Giving us Mosley makes even less sense when you have Jake Matthews and Cyrus Kouandjio going right after our pick, Tackle is a huge need for Dallas... and I'd be willing to bet if we're drafting 13th next year it's because our OL sucked yet again.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Unless Ponder fails miserably next season and Cassel finishes the season as starter, I see no way the Vikings take a QB round 1.
That strikes me as a pretty plausible scenario.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
b_rent87
Rookie

b_rent87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With Decker in a contract year and Bey Bey the following year I don't see Denver keeping Decker, Brandon Coleman would be a good pick at 31 or Ra'Shede Hagemen to play DT next to Williams.
b_rent87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't expect the lions to be targeting a CB in round 1 at this point. Their early needs are Oline, WR, OLB, and Safety (assuming that Delmas has another oft injured season).
Old 07-29-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
11. Dallas - C.J. Mosely OLB Alabama
I'd break my TV if Dallas took Mosely there.

Give them any of the following instead:
Quote:
14. Arizona - Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M
15. Miami - Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama
16. St. Louis - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix S Alabama
23. Indianapolis - De'Anthony Thomas RB/WR Oregon
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Yelnats View Post
Tampa won't take Duitt.
as a saints fan id be very happy if tampa passed on tuitt tbh

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote