Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 07-14-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manziel is killing his reputation.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manziel is like the girl you meet that says she hates drama, so you know right away that they're actually going to be the cause of a lot of unnecessary shizz.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be fun to watch Manziel leave after next year, get invited to the draft, and then end up a 5th round pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He lacks the maturity to handle the spotlight.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd stay far away from him. Just seems like another coddled, egotistical Big Texas school prospect that has no comprehension of what it means to be a pro.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Manziel is killing his reputation.
I read this article back in November and I just had a bad feeling that things were about to start happening after he won the Heisman.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ing-by-wayside
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The comments in that thread are golden.

As far as Manziel...

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Manziel is like the girl you meet that says she hates drama, so you know right away that they're actually going to be the cause of a lot of unnecessary shizz.
Oh, man. "I hate drama" is the #1 phrase that should make guys run away, but suckers keep taking it at face value.

Anyway, JAWNY FOOTBAWL's daddy came out and said that he was sent home from the Manning thing because he was dehydrated. You know what causes dehydration? ****-tons of booze.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Disappointing. I've defended his prospects from a play standpoint, but the more I hear about the way he acts the less I'd want him in my locker room.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really can't even put into words what it is exactly about Manziel that I just don't like as an NFL prospect. Maybe it's his body type, maybe it's his play style, or a combination of them. I just don't see him being a premier QB at the next level. Maybe I'm wrong, but he just seems like a different form of Tim Tebow. Much better passer, for sure, but just in terms of being an absolute dynamo in college, but worthless in the NFL.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
I really can't even put into words what it is exactly about Manziel that I just don't like as an NFL prospect. Maybe it's his body type, maybe it's his play style, or a combination of them. I just don't see him being a premier QB at the next level. Maybe I'm wrong, but he just seems like a different form of Tim Tebow. Much better passer, for sure, but just in terms of being an absolute dynamo in college, but worthless in the NFL.
Everyone has guys that just "feel" like a bust to them. Since 98, I've been calling it "the Leaf factor."

Blaine Gabbert's a solid example of it for me, even though he looks a lot more like a QB than Manziel.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manziel is just a good college QB, nothing more in my opinion. He's a Chase Daniel / Todd Reesing guy.
mightytitan9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It isn't too hard to put into words what not to like about Manziel as a prospect. Undersized, not a great arm, character issues, potential injury future based on size and playing style.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 07-14-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah nothing I love for the NFL level. He could be a college legend but he isn't worth a good pick right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL at all these downer comments before the start of the 2013 college football season.

If Manziel equals or outperforms what he did on the field last year, being hungover at the Manning Camp will be a distant memory.

OCs scheme their offense around players like Manziel nowadays. Being a strictly in the pocket dropback QB is no longer the prototype.

Manziel's mobility and ability to make plays on the run I think are going to keep him a near lock for the 1st round.

Yes there are maturity issues with Manziel, although IMO they're minor, however his game is electric.

I like the more mobile Jeff Garcia comparisons. Most teams teams could do worse than having a guy with Manziel's skillset at QB.

I'm more concerned to see how he measures at the combine since I have a sneaking suspicion he's a hair under 5'11.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"More" mobile Jeff Garcia is a little bit of an understatement, I think. Obviously it's tough to tell how well it is going to translate against NFL defenses, but he clearly tore it up last year. While I admit it is a very large range, I see him somewhere between Colt McCoy and Michael Vick. I think he's a lot more athletic/mobile than McCoy, but has a lot less arm strength than Vick (and less athletic, but not by as much as you might think).
Old 07-15-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Yes there are maturity issues with Manziel, although IMO they're minor, however his game is electric.
I don't think his maturity issues are minor at all. Maybe if he was a receiver. But I hold quarterbacks to a higher standard. He has arrests, he blew a nice opportunity at the Manning camp, and he seems like he doesn't handle the spotlight well (he freaked out over a parking ticket). I think best case scenario he is Michael Vick. An exciting player who I would never want to lead my team.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 07-15-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Manning camp thing really is a non-factor and it won't effect his draft stock one bit. How he does in interviews will, however. And of course his measurables and arm strength. I'd expect most teams to pass but one to reach for him for ticket and merchandise sales (like the Jags)
Old 07-15-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well teams won't like it as a reflection on his character. Could you imagine RGIII or Andrew Luck doing that kinda thing? No way. Teams aren't gonna reach for him if they don't think he can play. People loved Ryan Mallett's tools, but he fell b/c of his character issues. Being small without an average arm and maturity issues is not a good combination.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The Manning camp thing really is a non-factor and it won't effect his draft stock one bit. How he does in interviews will, however. And of course his measurables and arm strength. I'd expect most teams to pass but one to reach for him for ticket and merchandise sales (like the Jags)
Jaguars don't need help with ticket sales by the way. They haven't been blacked out in a few seasons and they won't be next year either. The idea that the Jags have ticket issues is a myth that is repeated by the national media with complete disregard of the facts.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 07-15-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really can't wait to read Nolan Nowrocki's scouting report on Manziel.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton seemed to think it was a non issue even sighting a 20 year old Eli that missed meetings.

Seems like #### follows Manziel wherever he goes and hopefully it isn't a symptom of any character issues. A 20 year old that needs to grow up. Shocking.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I really can't wait to read Nolan Nowrocki's scouting report on Manziel.
Guess what, Nawrocki was actually right for all the flack he got about his Cam Newton scouting report.

This kid will be a bust in the NFL. Guaranteed. Less than 6'1", played with a dominant OLine last year, has a bad attitude...
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since everybody doesn't like him, I'm going to like him. :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Since everybody doesn't like him, I'm going to like him. :D
My guess is whatever team drafts him will have full fan support. Another average year for the Cowboys and he may be headed for Dallas.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote