Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-16-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a terrific game. Watching those games I'm reminded how great of a runner Roberson and Scobey were.

It was really amazing the tranformation Rock Cartwright did going from college to the NFL as well, he was a 5'8" 240 pound fullback in college and transformed into a 5'8 215 pound TB and special teamer in the NFL

The one thing I can say negative against Snyder is sometimes he simply gets outcoached. He's so calm and collective, and often too conservative. Over the years, that philosophy has won us many games, but it's cost us in many big-time games as well.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:17 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who ever pays me the most

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:07 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
People that are listing Alabama are seriously underrating the odds that you will get your scholarship cut. Yeah it's a great place if you're a stud player, but if you're not Nikky Saban will cut you like dog meat.
There is a thin line between Saban and Satan, but if you are a stud on defense, Alabama has to be on the short list at the moment.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:56 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
There is a thin line between Saban and Satan, but if you are a stud on defense, Alabama has to be on the short list at the moment.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.) LSU-Dream school and an nfl factory and has the best broadcasting department in the nation.

2.) Stanford-would get recognition on a national stage and get a 2nd to none degree.

3.) UCLA- would love to live out west and I hate USC so that's a plus.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It entirely depends on my position....

QB - Florida State. No other coach is cranking out NFL 1st Rounders like Jimbo Fisher right now.

RB - Oregon. Wide open system to put up a lot of yards and show a complete skill set while preserving carries for an NFL career.

WR - Clemson

OL - Alabama's track record speaks for itself.

DE - Florida State or LSU

DT - Alabama

LB - Stanford

DB - Alabama

Last edited by MassNole : 07-16-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.) USC-
Favorite team, Business major,(Marshall school of business) Pride/tradition/alumni, networking available for post graduates. Also beautiful women and beautiful campus

2.)Stanford-
Academic powerhouse, beautiful area, great coach with great morals, sweet unis

3.)Michigan
Academics,Tradition,the Big House!, Fan Base, Sweet Unis as well
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) BYU - family tradition haha

2) Arkansas - these ******* get EVERYTHING! (walmart, tyson chicken, jerry jones, etc. all donors to the program) and fayetteville is an awesome place to live

3) Texas A&M - no idea why. playing in that stadium would be insane though

i just realized my picks have nothing to do with football or academics

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.) Cal - homer pick. Stay home, get a good education, I'd love to play vs USC and Oregon, close to family.

2.) Florida State - like most of you guys, I always just thought they were cool.

3.) Penn State - To honor my dad. It'd probably be #1 if it weren't for the Sandusky fiasco. I have a weird fascination with the big 10. I'd love the rivalry games and would feel honored to be a part of them, more so than my previous choices.

Honorable mention: South Carolina, Miami, Oklahoma state, Clemson, and Georgia
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will do five since you get five visits:

1. Florida State- Obvious

2. Alabama- The premier program in the country right now, with the best coaching staff, and playing in the best conference

3. Texas- The best facilities in the country, and the history.

4. LSU- A top 10 program in the country and a perennial national title contender with outstanding facilities.

5. Oregon- The uniforms, the facilities, Nike. What else needs to be said?
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post

3) Texas A&M - no idea why. playing in that stadium would be insane though

i just realized my picks have nothing to do with football or academics
no cheerleaders, fans that hiss and making up championships just to belong to the sec, hell no on aTm

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That makes me think, what about least likely schools (out of the big five conferences)?

1) Mississippi State- Starkville is in the middle of nowhere, the state in general is about as backward as it gets, you'll never win your conference.

2) Syracuse- The Carrier Dome is a dump, Syracuse gets about 100 ft of snow a year, and the fan base is apathetic towards football.

3) Washington State- Pullman is also in the middle of nowhere and Mike Leach annoys the **** out of me.

4) Texas Tech- I'd rather stab myself in the dick than live in West Texas, a dirty hot desert with nothing to do.

5) Baylor or A&M- Too many religious/conservative nutjobs. I don't have a problem with religious or conservative people, but it's a special breed in certain parts of Texas.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Least Likely of the AQ schools (ACC, B1G, B12, P12, SEC)

1. Wake Forest. Small school with good but not great academics (compared to Duke, Miami, or Vandy). Style of play is effective but by and large does nothing to get offensive players into the NFL.

2. Washington State. System offense run by a crazy coach in the middle of nowhere while severely outclassed by Washington.

3. Mississippi State. **** tier academics coupled with being the #2 dog in state to Ole Miss with an increasingly widening gap.

4. Minnesota. Team has sucked since WW2, it is in the far north and virtually no team in the state as much fan support. Just not a sports state.

5. Iowa State. Number two team in a weak state that his historically been awful save a season here or there. Add to that you don't have the increased exposure and academics that Iowa has and it is just a wasteland.

Syracuse nearly made this list, but their excellent Journalism department kept them off.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota is definitely a sports state, it's just that they have 4 pro teams and three college revenue sports (football, basketball, hockey) to divide the interest.

There are virtually no markets in the U.S. the size of Minneapolis that have as many choices, which leads to a thinning of the fan-base and a good deal of bandwagon jumping (on the flip side, I was able to watch a lot of Timberwolves and Gopher football games for super cheap)

Old 07-17-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Minnesota is definitely a sports state, it's just that they have 4 pro teams and three college revenue sports (football, basketball, hockey) to divide the interest.

There are virtually no markets in the U.S. the size of Minneapolis that have as many choices, which leads to a thinning of the fan-base and a good deal of bandwagon jumping (on the flip side, I was able to watch a lot of Timberwolves and Gopher football games for super cheap)
Which is why it nearly lost the Twins and Vikings and did actually lose an NHL team at one point. I don't doubt there are sports fans in Minnesota, but the lack of fan support shows overall it is not a sports state. I also don't really buy the school cutting into the fan support of the Vikings and T-Wolves nor do any of them have anything to do with the Twins support or lack thereof.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Which is why it nearly lost the Twins and Vikings and did actually lose an NHL team at one point. I don't doubt there are sports fans in Minnesota, but the lack of fan support shows overall it is not a sports state. I also don't really buy the school cutting into the fan support of the Vikings and T-Wolves nor do any of them have anything to do with the Twins support or lack thereof.
It's basic math. You have seven sporting options and a limited amount of spending money.

It's part of the reason why the SEC is so popular in the South. What else is there to do in Alabama, Arkansas, South Carolina, etc?

Old 07-17-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lost the Lakers too...
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's basic math. You have seven sporting options and a limited amount of spending money.

It's part of the reason why the SEC is so popular in the South. What else is there to do in Alabama, Arkansas, South Carolina, etc?
I just don't buy UM Football and Basketball as legitimate options that cut into the respective pro teams. Nor can this apply to the Twins in full as they play their entire season without conflict from the Vikings and very limited conflict from UM. I do appreciate that hockey is huge in Minnesota (and realize it was more than just attendance that lead the team to move) but again have issues saying UM hockey really cuts into the Vikings, T-Wolves, or Wild.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Lost the Lakers too...
I'm not going to count a team in the 1950's (maybe early 60's) moving to Los Angeles in comparison to the attendance struggles the other franchises have seen the past 15-20 years.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Least likely 5:

1. Memphis- They are now in an AQ conference. The academics blows, the facilities suck, and they have no football history. Memphis isn't a horrible city, but there are many cities I'd rather live in.

2. Texas Tech- They are the 4th or 5th team in their own state and it's in Lubbock. Why would anyone go there?

3. Oregon State- Living in Corvalis, Oregon would suck enough. Being the ugly stepsister to Oregon makes Oregon State an absolute no.

4. Mississippi State- If you are going to go to school in the worst state in America, why not go to Ole Miss where the academics are marginally better and the women are significatly more attractive?

5. Iowa State- Crappy team in a crappy location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
I just don't buy UM Football and Basketball as legitimate options that cut into the respective pro teams. Nor can this apply to the Twins in full as they play their entire season without conflict from the Vikings and very limited conflict from UM. I do appreciate that hockey is huge in Minnesota (and realize it was more than just attendance that lead the team to move) but again have issues saying UM hockey really cuts into the Vikings, T-Wolves, or Wild.
You have zero logic to back that up with, but I don't care enough to argue.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Least likely 5:

1. Memphis- They are now in an AQ conference. The academics blows, the facilities suck, and they have no football history. Memphis isn't a horrible city, but there are many cities I'd rather live in.

2. Texas Tech- They are the 4th or 5th team in their own state and it's in Lubbock. Why would anyone go there?

3. Oregon State- Living in Corvalis, Oregon would suck enough. Being the ugly stepsister to Oregon makes Oregon State an absolute no.

4. Mississippi State- If you are going to go to school in the worst state in America, why not go to Ole Miss where the academics are marginally better and the women are significatly more attractive?

5. Iowa State- Crappy team in a crappy location.
The city of Memphis makes up for a lot of the downfalls of the program. Though honestly, Memphis is definitely one of if not the most underachieving programs in the country.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The city of Memphis makes up for a lot of the downfalls of the program. Though honestly, Memphis is definitely one of if not the most underachieving programs in the country.
Meh, the city of Memphis isn't all that great. Outside of Beale Street, I've never found anything of real interest there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alabama
Stanford
USC
Old 07-17-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Meh, the city of Memphis isn't all that great. Outside of Beale Street, I've never found anything of real interest there.
You don't find rampant murder, rape, theft, racial strife, and widespread crippling poverty interesting?
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote