Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 07-06-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On hell of a classy (and expensive) gesture from coach Harbaugh to the coaching staff: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...in-silver.html
Old 07-19-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was really nice of him. My friend from school saw the o-line coach at ocean city and he was wearing his ring.

Here is a 53 man roster now that FA seems to have completely died down.

QB-Flacco/Taylor
RB-Rice/Pierce/Allen
FB-Juice
TE-Pitta/Dickson/Furstenberg
WR-Jones/Doss/Thompson
LT-McKinnie/Harewood
LG-KO/Wagner
C-Gradkowski/Shipley
RG-Yanda/
RT-Oher/Reid
WR-Smith/Reed

total-23

DE-Canty/Spears/Tyson
NT-Williams/Cody
DE-Ngata/Jones
OLB-Suggs/McPhee
MLB-McClain/Smith/Bynes
MLB-Brown/McLellan
OLB-Dumervil/Upshaw/John Simon
CB-Graham/Smith/Jackson
FS-Huff/Brown
SS-Elam/Ihedibo
CB-Webb/Brown/Johnson

K-Tucker
P-Koch
LS-Cox

*Christian Thompson not on list for his 4 game suspension
Old 07-19-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
That was really nice of him. My friend from school saw the o-line coach at ocean city and he was wearing his ring.

Here is a 53 man roster now that FA seems to have completely died down.

QB-Flacco/Taylor
RB-Rice/Pierce/Allen
FB-Juice
TE-Pitta/Dickson/Furstenberg
WR-Jones/Doss/Thompson
LT-McKinnie/Harewood
LG-KO/Wagner
C-Gradkowski/Shipley
RG-Yanda/
RT-Oher/Reid
WR-Smith/Reed

total-23

DE-Canty/Spears/Tyson
NT-Williams/Cody
DE-Ngata/Jones
OLB-Suggs/McPhee
MLB-McClain/Smith/Bynes
MLB-Brown/McLellan
OLB-Dumervil/Upshaw/John Simon
CB-Graham/Smith/Jackson
FS-Huff/Brown
SS-Elam/Ihedibo
CB-Webb/Brown/Johnson

K-Tucker
P-Koch
LS-Cox

*Christian Thompson not on list for his 4 game suspension
good list,

2 questions - Is McPhee moving to OLB, I remember I heard something about him and a position switch but I'm not sure

Also, outside of Brandon Lloyd, who are some likely WR's we might add? I just think Jacoby is better suited as a slot/return man.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard McPhee might be tried as a pass-rusher at OLB but I'm pretty sure that was before the additions of Dumervil and Simon so I wouldn't be surprised to see him still at DE on passing downs. None of Jones, Canty, or Spears are pass-rushers so I don't see the point of having them in at DE over McPhee in pass-rushing situations with Suggs and Dumervil at OLB (or even Simon or Upshaw).
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...b-1ba3672c253f

Looks like he will be an OLB.

Arthur Jones did lose some weight this off season. I read an article in the sun saying him and Tyson lost 15 pounds each. They were listed at 315 so I guess they are approximately 300. Jones did have 4.5 sacks this past season so I think he will more then hold his own in pass rushing situations.

I am excited for all this talent we have at OLB and Dline it will be interesting to see how we work things.

One thing I think may work is we move Suggs to the SAM LB like JJ and Upshaw played and let Dumervil play weakside LB. I say this because Suggs can defend the run very well and cover. Its just he was our best pass rusher the past couple of years here. Now with Dumervil he has a pass rusher who is just as good if not better then him. I think that would be better then keeping the same rotation as last year and have Dumervil take Krugers role.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Von Miller's suspension holds, that will be a significant blow to the Bronco's D. Flacco is significantly better with a clean pocket, so facing them without Dumervil and Miller will help us take the opener. Still expecting Manning to roast an overhauled new defense but at least we should get Flacco at his best.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree with that. It will def help us out but it should be a close game.

Do u guys think we should bring back leach or let the cap space roll over into next season?
Old 07-24-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having at least some contingency on offense won't be a bad thing, and Leach is a very well respected player and voice in the lockerroom. He is still among the top 3 blocking fullbacks in the league and could be used to learn Juicecheck the ropes of the NFL.

Also, if you see highlights from Rice and Pierce, many of the long gains comes after a block from Vonta Leach, and he will add another dimension to an offense, which will most likely be more spread this year.

Yeah, I say resign him
Dan#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all for bringing back Leach. It was a purely financial move to cut him. He is still the best blocking FB in the league and a solid team leader. Bringing him back with a cheaper contract is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****, Pitta out at least 6 weeks with a dislocated hip. Already ruled out for week 1.

edit - ****, he's out for the entire year. My god, Flacco's two favorite weapons from last year are gone. Am I panicing or is it reasonable for me to be thinking that we should maybe put together a trade for a WR?

Even if Pitta didn't get hurt, I doubt any of the guys on the roster right now are starting material.

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 07-27-2013 at 07:43 PM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aaaannnd reports are he's out for the year. :(

I'm really hoping now that we're able to bring back Vonta so we can use Juice (Harvard, can't spell his name) as our TE2.

Last edited by TACKLE : 07-27-2013 at 07:43 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Harvard will plat more TE now and Dickson will start. I thought Pitta was going to have ahuge year and be our main receiver. I hear we were looking at Shiancoe as well so I expect him to be signed shortly.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 07-27-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't expect Juszczyk to play much as a TE. He might have a more expanded role in the offense now but I think that'll be more as an H-back rather than a TE. Juszczyk is pretty short and lacks the length to play TE. If Shiancoe signs then he probably becomes the 2nd TE with Furstenberg possibly challenging for snaps.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

I think Juszczyk will see a significant increase in snaps if he is ready. Maybe not in a traditional TE spot but just more snaps at FB/H-Back, motion him out to a flanker spot to seal the edge and such. This really sucks because I thought we would really rely on more two TE sets with our WR core being unestablished. I pray a WR steps up.

Screw it. Bring back Heap! Is he still alive?

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 07-28-2013, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Who will take a trade for a Te or WR? We should make a lee Rvans like trade for one. I understand not mortgaging your future for a Super Bowl
But we need to make a move a potential Super Bowl is staring us in the face.

Here is another option. U guys think we will
B in the mix for a title if we re signe leach and run the ball 35-40 times a game? I think so if our D plays up to our potential.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Juszczyk and Furstenberg have golden opportunities to make significant contributions to this offense this year, especially significant opportunity for Furstenberg to make this roster. That being said this injury shines an even bigger spotlight on the blunder of trading away Anquan Boldin.

Ozzie has to make a move for a WR IMO. Whether its taking a chance on an available veteran that's unsigned, making a trade or even signing a cut training camp player. This offense will have to pass to be successful and cannot depend upon solely the running game.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

There is Brandon llyod in FA. IDK what WR will be on the trading block though. I do agree we need to make a move for something. People talked about Visante Shianco(sp) since he did watch practice but I would rather make a trade then bring in a guy who made 0 catches in 4 games for NEW last year.

Im also nervous for Pittas long term career this sounds like it could be serious.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I don't expect Juszczyk to play much as a TE. He might have a more expanded role in the offense now but I think that'll be more as an H-back rather than a TE. Juszczyk is pretty short and lacks the length to play TE. If Shiancoe signs then he probably becomes the 2nd TE with Furstenberg possibly challenging for snaps.
But our 2nd TE really is an H-Back. Rarely do we run straight 2 TE sets because we didn't want to take Vonta off the field to add a Dickson or we'd just run heavy/overload stuff when we really wanted to run it . Where we saw our #2 TE most offset off the line, running patterns out of a FB spot, occasionally next to Flacco in the gun, etc. - ie. H-Back responsibilities. I'm not opposed to getting someone like Shiancoe but based off what we've seen from this offense, there's no reason Juszczyk wouldn't be perfectly fine as the TE2.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
There is Brandon llyod in FA. IDK what WR will be on the trading block though. I do agree we need to make a move for something. People talked about Visante Shianco(sp) since he did watch practice but I would rather make a trade then bring in a guy who made 0 catches in 4 games for NEW last year.

Im also nervous for Pittas long term career this sounds like it could be serious.
Proper diagnosis and treatment will be key to his career going forward. My concern is how the Ravens treat him after the season being that he'll be an UFA. Hopefully they don't try to nickel and dime him in negotiations, but at the same time can lock him up to a mutually beneficial deal.

As for another weapon, while I'm not necessarily opposed to a trade it does not have to be the only option. Draft picks are gold that is a given, but when you trade a Boldin for merely a 6th round pick it kind shows you the overemphasis on them.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Im real excited for Juszczyk. This guy screams cult hero. I think it is safe to say we re-sign Leach now and move him to the H-back role. If we find a #3 WR through a trade/FA/young gun I think we will be fine on offense.

Another thing I noticed is Pernell McPhee said he weighs 280. I wonder why are we giving him reps at OLB when he is that much. The last time he weighed 280 he was a great pass rusher with his hands in the dirt. He is going to sit on the bench at OLB. Him at DE gives us a Jones/Ngata/McPhee dline on passing downs. That's 3 legit 5+ sack pass rushers, not many teams have that from there dline.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Proper diagnosis and treatment will be key to his career going forward. My concern is how the Ravens treat him after the season being that he'll be an UFA. Hopefully they don't try to nickel and dime him in negotiations, but at the same time can lock him up to a mutually beneficial deal.

As for another weapon, while I'm not necessarily opposed to a trade it does not have to be the only option. Draft picks are gold that is a given, but when you trade a Boldin for merely a 6th round pick it kind shows you the overemphasis on them.
Everyone knew we were going to cut him the next day so they destroyed us in that trade. And if we go trade hunting now we will get destroyed too. We should probably wait and see if Doss/Thompson etc emerges as a #3 but Im not getting my hopes up for that.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Boldin didn't need to be cut/traded! Foolish move plain and simple.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-28-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
But our 2nd TE really is an H-Back. Rarely do we run straight 2 TE sets because we didn't want to take Vonta off the field to add a Dickson or we'd just run heavy/overload stuff when we really wanted to run it . Where we saw our #2 TE most offset off the line, running patterns out of a FB spot, occasionally next to Flacco in the gun, etc. - ie. H-Back responsibilities. I'm not opposed to getting someone like Shiancoe but based off what we've seen from this offense, there's no reason Juszczyk wouldn't be perfectly fine as the TE2.
I remember McClain being moved around that way a few years ago but not Pitta or Dickson. If they were on the field it was usually at TE or in the slot. I vaguely recall Pitta next to Flacco in some shotgun sets but not very often. For what it's worth I think Juszczyk plays quite a bit more than whoever the 2nd TE is this season. Caldwell should be able to fit him into what seems to be his type of offense pretty easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Boldin didn't need to be cut/traded! Foolish move plain and simple.
Would you rather have Boldin over Dumervil plus Canty and/or Huff? Even in the situation the Ravens are in now I think the answer is pretty obvious. Back then they couldn't have added Elvis plus at least one of the other guys since they didn't have a ton of cap space.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

I'm not sure there is a WR available that is worth it. The FA WR are all pretty weak and we would have to overpay in a trade. If a quality player gets cut in camp, then we should take a look. We don't need to panic.

Boldin was out either way. We only got a 6th because we didn't seriously try to trade him. Boldin was a man in the playoffs, but I feel he is getting overrated at this point. He struggled to get separation often last season. His production in the regular season wasn't that crazy, although his clutch catches are going to be hard to replace. I love Boldin; he was the perfect fit for Baltimore in terms of toughness at WR, but he is not an all pro anymore.

I think with Pitta we let him get healthy and then franchise tag him. The TE tag is pretty reasonable at 6 million. The only other major player who needs a new contract is Oher so maybe we lock him up first.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 07-28-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

If Pitta is out for the season I doubt that it would take the franchise tag to keep him around. Off the top of my head I'm not sure who the Baltimore's other free agents are but they're probably not going to use the tag if they don't have to.

Shiancoe was signed to a 1-year deal for the veterans minimum.