Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For what it's worth I think Schaub is right where he should be. Don't get the hate, he's a good QB. Maybe it's the "being a draft forum" thing that skews the opinion in favor of potential, but at this moment Schaub is a better QB than Luck, Kaepernick, Griffin at least.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I disagree. I think he was totally robbed in 2011. Rodgers had a great year with 45 TDs and only 6 picks, but Brees shattered the all-time yardage mark. Rodgers won the award because his team was better. It would be like Adrian Peterson running for 2300 yards and giving the MVP to Ray Rice for an 1800 yard season because the Ravens won the Super Bowl.
No, Rodgers won the award because he clearly had the better season.

Brees had more yards, whoopdy ****** doo. He also had 9 more turnovers.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's probably been said, I'm not bothering to read anything but what's on this page, but Schaub is about 10 spots too high. Most overrated QB in football, and that's with the knowledge that most people rate him in the 13-16 area.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
For what it's worth I think Schaub is right where he should be. Don't get the hate, he's a good QB. Maybe it's the "being a draft forum" thing that skews the opinion in favor of potential, but at this moment Schaub is a better QB than Luck, Kaepernick, Griffin at least.

That's the issue with Schaub, I don't see him as being better than CK/RG3/Luck and think all those QBs would have equal success to Schaub if not greater if they started for the Texans.

Schaub is solid. But he's not dominating. He's not clutch.
IMO Schaub just isn't a next-level guy to me.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree. I think he was totally robbed in 2011. Rodgers had a great year with 45 TDs and only 6 picks, but Brees shattered the all-time yardage mark. Rodgers won the award because his team was better.
Are you kidding?

That season by Rodgers was an all-time great season. It was almost flawless.
Go back and compare each of the big stats.

And forget about total passing yards.
Stafford had a ton too, that year and 2012.

Rodgers skipped the last game that year by the way, which could have gotten him 500 more yards and 5 TDs easily in that game.

Brees is awesome though, despite being "too short", not a "strong enough arm to make the out throws at the NFL level", and not worthy of being the Chargers starting QB anymore.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
It's probably been said, I'm not bothering to read anything but what's on this page, but Schaub is about 10 spots too high. Most overrated QB in football, and that's with the knowledge that most people rate him in the 13-16 area.
Couldnt agree more. Schaub is a solid QB, nothing more. truth is, we are in a golden age of QB play. We not only have an incredible class of elite QBs in Rodgers, Peyton, Brady, Brees...we have an incredible second group of quarterbacks Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Stafford, Romo. And beyond that, an incredible group of young quarterbacks in Kaepernick, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, RGIII, Russell Wilson, Tannehill, Dalton. Thats leaving out guys like Cutler, Bradford, Rivers, Vick, even Carson Palmer. Point is at the end of the day, no way can I put Schaub anywhere near my top 10. And I ultimately dont think the Texans are going any place special with him at QB. They will continue to be very good b/c of JJ Watt and a nice defense along with Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, Duane Brown, Chris Myers. I dont think Schaub would be thought of as anything special if he played for a different team. We saw what happened when Schaub went down with injury last year - the team went on just fine without him, i believe even won a playoff game without him.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with pretty much everything about Schaub. He is a fine QB and I certainly think the Texans can win with him. He is fairly stable and is a nice soild starter. He does lack a certain dynamic appeal that other top QBs have. Andre, the run game, and the star defense allow him to not have to carry the team.

PS Brees deserves an mvp but he was the 2nd best QB those years. He just was. He was never robbed because he frankly wasn't the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 07-21-2013 at 11:45 PM.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:00 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I felt like that yardage record was more valuable than most others did. It had stood for almost 30 years. I didn't mean to take anything away from Rodgers.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:22 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess I felt like that yardage record was more valuable than most others did. It had stood for almost 30 years. I didn't mean to take anything away from Rodgers.
You have to keep in mind that the offenses have a lot more leverage than they did in the 1980's against defenses. The rules are slanted in their favor so much via the pass. It's not surprising that we've had four 5,000 yard passers in the last four years, and only one before that which was Marino in 1984. Also, always take yards per pass into account. Matt Stafford threw for 4,967 yards in 2012, but it took him 727 attempts, the most in NFL history for a season, to do so.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yardage record doesn't really mean poop to me. With the current rule changes you basically can complete a pass on every play, the only question is for how many yards will you complete it for.

The underneath crossing routes have pretty much become impossible to defend.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Are you kidding?

Rodgers skipped the last game that year by the way, which could have gotten him 500 more yards and 5 TDs easily in that game.

Brees is awesome though, despite being "too short", not a "strong enough arm to make the out throws at the NFL level", and not worthy of being the Chargers starting QB anymore.
i agree here, yet the difference between rodgers and brees was substantially smaller imo than the difference was between brees and manning in 09 and manning got it over brees.

basically im just pissed that he got hosed by the whole "the MVP belongs to PM unless he loses it, than its in play" thing and brought up that season to illustrate why brees shouldve won it

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Are you kidding?

Yay I get to bust out my dominance rating stat again WOO!

By dominance rating Rodgers had the best season. Not only had the best season but it was one of the 5 most dominant seasons ever.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea as far as 2011 MVP, it would pretty much be impossible to play better than Rodgers did that year. It was the kind of season that makes you question if he is a man or a machine. As great as he was this past year (and I believe he deserved the MVP in 2012 as well, although I have no issue with AP getting it. But Peyton, Brady, or any other QB having votes over Rodgers in 2012 is a joke - the Packers dealt with an incredible amount of adversity in 2012, and Rodgers still managed to guide the team to an NFC North crown), his 2012 season couldnt stack up to his 2011 season - where he came about as close to perfection as possible.

All respect to Brees, who had an incredible year, as did Tom Brady, but the gap between Rodgers and every other player in 2011 was huge - its about the same as the gap between Adrian Peterson and every other running back this year.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
yea as far as 2011 MVP, it would pretty much be impossible to play better than Rodgers did that year. It was the kind of season that makes you question if he is a man or a machine. As great as he was this past year (and I believe he deserved the MVP in 2012 as well, although I have no issue with AP getting it. But Peyton, Brady, or any other QB having votes over Rodgers in 2012 is a joke - the Packers dealt with an incredible amount of adversity in 2012, and Rodgers still managed to guide the team to an NFC North crown), his 2012 season couldnt stack up to his 2011 season - where he came about as close to perfection as possible.

All respect to Brees, who had an incredible year, as did Tom Brady, but the gap between Rodgers and every other player in 2011 was huge - its about the same as the gap between Adrian Peterson and every other running back this year.
This seems logical but I respectfully disagree. Maybe statically for a year but They're all very close skill level wise. It's a tough debate I'm way to tired to debate.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The list. I think Mark Sanchez should be last.

Quote:
Old 07-25-2013, 02:35 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't quite get everyone saying Sanchez should be last. Dude went to two AFC Championship games and wasn't awful either year. Why shouldn't he be ahead of Locker, Flynn, or Henne?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I don't quite get everyone saying Sanchez should be last. Dude went to two AFC Championship games and wasn't awful either year. Why shouldn't he be ahead of Locker, Flynn, or Henne?
Well, this is 2013. And even back then he was essentially along for the ride with those two teams. You saw what happened when the run game got worse and the offensive line wasn't as good as it used to be. When Sanchez was asked to put the team on his back, he disappointed. And after four years he should have been a lot farther than he already has been. He's not even completing 60% of his passes. Yeah he doesn't have the best targets in the world, but at the same time in this day and age you should still be at around 60% or higher.

I don't know much about Flynn, but I'd probably take my chances over him based on what I've seen if it was between him and Sanchez to be the Jets starter.

That being said, I hope he gets better. I really liked him coming out of college and I thought he was going to do well. Maybe if he had gone to a different franchise and received better coaching things would have been different.

Quote:
Old 07-25-2013, 02:56 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But yet you say "put the team on your back" like that's something you can expect the 25th best QB in the league to do. He's not a good quarterback, but the people that expected him to be were always clearly mistaken. There is something between "not good enough to win a super bowl" and "worst QB in the league."

Matt Flynn has literally started like, one game in his NFL career, and zero that meant anything.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
But yet you say "put the team on your back" like that's something you can expect the 25th best QB in the league to do. He's not a good quarterback, but the people that expected him to be were always clearly mistaken. There is something between "not good enough to win a super bowl" and "worst QB in the league."

Matt Flynn has literally started like, one game in his NFL career, and zero that meant anything.
Matt Flynn started two. And the first game he started in Foxboro actually meant a great deal because Aaron Rodgers was injured the previous week and it wasn't even a certainty the Packers would make the playoffs that year. They didn't win the game, but Flynn played pretty well in the contest.

And Sanchez is now rated so low because he didn't capitalize on his chance to put the team on his back the last two seasons. That's why he's now rated 25th. The opinion on him has gotten lower and lower in media circles as time has went on.

Quote:
Old 07-25-2013, 07:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, Mark Sanchez really is that terrible. He still can't read a defense to save his life. The man can't run any plays that aren't 1 step drop quick slants. He's awful.

At least Locker can run. At least Flynn threw for like 4 TDs once in his life. At least Henne has arm strength.

Sanchez is just crap. There's no positives. It's just crap.