Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 07-22-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The problem with drafting Clowney is he is a 5 year rental if you don't build a team around him fast.

Why would a player like him stay in a terrible situation for his career?
Somehow it's worked out all this time that the draft has been around, but now all of a sudden Clowney is just a rental. Oh ok. Good to know that he'll be the first elite player to go to a terrible team at the top of the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you draft Clowney and don't build a good team around him, you won't make it to the end of his contract to worry about him leaving.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SC is a good team, but I still think about what Bama would look like if he went there. That would be absolutely horrifying.
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
SC is a good team, but I still think about what Bama would look like if he went there. That would be absolutely horrifying.
Alabama with a legitimate threat at pass rusher... that would be insane.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I would prefer not to think about that.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

Clowney, Stephon Gilmore, and Devonte Holloman all played on the same HS school team which is about 20 miles from Charlotte, NC. while Cordarrelle Patterson and Justin Worley played across town.Rock Hill SC has put a lot of players into the NFL.
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Alabama with a legitimate threat at pass rusher... that would be insane.
Pay attention to Jonathan Allen. He may mature into a DE, but the kid is scary fast and likes to anticipate snap counts. He'll be getting some playing time as a true freshman along with true sophomore Denzel Devall at Jack LB.
SilentJaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:20 AM    (permalink
JustisM
Rookie

JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JustisM is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All these teams aren't going to pick QB's. Give me Clowney/the 5th (at worst) QB #1/#33 instead of Teddy/2nd round rusher #1/#33.
JustisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustisM View Post
All these teams aren't going to pick QB's. Give me Clowney/the 5th (at worst) QB #1/#33 instead of Teddy/2nd round rusher #1/#33.
I've said it would have to be someone on the level of a John Elway or Peyton Manning to make me pass on Clowney but not everyone thinks like us.

On a somewhat unrelated subject I wonder if the rumor of an association with Jay Z will go anywhere.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There could be worse things for him then getting suspended for a year and not risking injury. Only thing you would have to worry about is conditioning which is easily fixed.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I've said it would have to be someone on the level of a John Elway or Peyton Manning to make me pass on Clowney but not everyone thinks like us.

On a somewhat unrelated subject I wonder if the rumor of an association with Jay Z will go anywhere.
Eh, I wouldn't doubt that Jay-Z and Clowney may have had contact, but I seriously doubt that either side would be dumb enough to violate the rules.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd think with how high profile Clowney is the school & Spurrier are educating him about what he can and can't do. Just don't take anything for free and pay for your own stuff at a minimum. Probably another agent trying to cause Roc Nation trouble.

Huge get for Roc Nation if they can sign him when he leaves. They are really getting legit in a hurry.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if we're speaking hypothetically, I want Clowney and Chandler Jones for the future on the edges. If we had those two with Vince inside we would just need someone with a pulse to round out the DL.
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last dream I had before waking up this morning was me driving with Clowney in the passenger seat and Michael Brockers, Trent Williams, and Glen Dorsey in the back seat.

I spend too much ******* time on this site
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Bobby Layne
Rookie

Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I read that he dropped his weight down to 258? I don't like that. Clowney needs to be a 280 lb monster of a DE.

Anyone who drafts him and is stupid enough to force a 3-4 front on him needs to get fired anyway. You build your scheme around Clowney, not the other way around.
I think it was 268. IIRC Spurrier said he was around 270 at SEC media days.
Bobby Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Clowney and JPP on the same team. A healthy JPP and Clowney would be ridiculous.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Layne View Post
I think it was 268. IIRC Spurrier said he was around 270 at SEC media days.
He went through spring practice at 272.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-25-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
There could be worse things for him then getting suspended for a year and not risking injury. Only thing you would have to worry about is conditioning which is easily fixed.
Not sure there wouldn't be some teams that would prefer he sat the season out, as strange as that sounds.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Also, as expected, Clowney has been cleared in regards to his relationship with Jay-Z.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-25-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walterfootball (senior writer Charlie Cambell) has "sources" (which he identifies as scouts) saying that the Clowney situation at South Carolina is the same kind of deal as it was for Mario Williams at NC State.

Quote:
"[Clowney]'s lazy in conditioning. He does what he wants and has a different set of rules," said one scout. "He has the attitude of 'What are you going to do? Bench me?' He isn't a great worker and he doesn't do anything he doesn't want to do."
It could be teams already trying to get his stock down (to make it cheaper to trade to #1), Spurrier trying to get him to work harder, or a legitimate concern.

It would be a shame for Clowney to turn into Mario Williams 2.0
Old 08-25-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't buy what that "scout" is saying

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I want Clowney and JPP on the same team. A healthy JPP and Clowney would be ridiculous.
JUST THINK OF WHAT COULD HAPPEN WITH CLOWNEY AND BRANDOM GRAHAM ON THE SAME TEAM!
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I don't buy what that "scout" is saying
I'm calling BS on that one too. Sure, every superstar is differant than the other guys and might get an attitude but this guy didn't get where he is today because he was just born that way. It's sort of an insult to the player really.

As for the Mario Williams comparison i'm not quite as high on him as someone who has any great motor so that end of the comment i might agree with.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if he's lazy, but it does worry me that Clowney is being praised and worshipped so much, as if he's a 100% lock to be the next elite pass rusher. It's not that unusual for top edge rusher prospects to fail to live up to the hype. Clowney could turn out to be a very good NFL player and still not live up to the "OMFG best defensive prospectz everz!" hype that he's getting.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Eh, over these past two seasons Clowney has taken plays off and has come out earlier than you'd want to see. During fall practice, he got injured and tried to milk it a little bit so he wouldn't have to stand out in the extremely hot weather.

That being said, he's not lazy. All you have to do is look at his development, physical and mental. He's put on nearly forty pounds, and he may be actually be faster than he was before. His pass rush is much improved, relying much on less on pure speed or strength but now utilizing real technique to beat blockers. He watches a lot of tape and is very adept at quickly finding out his blockers weaknesses and making sure he's prepared to exploit them. Clowney came out of high school touted as the rare player who could jump straight into the pros, yet he clearly hasn't coasted on expectations and pure physical ability. He is never going to be your cliche gym rat, the guy who works harder than everyone else. That being said, he also doesn't really work any less than anyone else either. Come draft day, no scout is going to be moving him down the big board because of supposed work ethic concerns.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 08-25-2013 at 03:53 PM.