Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-18-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duchene gets 30/5, so now Colorado only has 85% of their roster to deal with by next offseason.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Matty told Landy that "he's next" so I'm guessing something around 2-3 year for 4-4.5 per for the captain. After that I'm hoping we at least try and get both or either Stastny or Radar to sign for 5-5.5 and life will look good. Although I'd like to see them get Varly locked up now, before we actually put a defense in front of him and he starts stealing games on the regs like he was in the KHL and boost his salary over 5 per.

That would only leave more minor pieces like Downie, McGinn, Barrie and Elliott to re-sign next year.

I know our defense is going to go to **** a month or two into the season when Ryan Wilson gets hurt again and we start scrambling to stick anyone and everyone next to EJ, but the top 9 on this team is so nasty. If only Philly would just give us Coburn for Wilson, our 2nd and a prospect like one of our goalies. Then our top 4 would actually be decent enough as Coburn - EJ and Hejda - Barrie would be two capable top 4 pairings. Then we'd be talking about the playoffs.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 07-18-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hockey is back Oct 1st

So how about that Metropolitan Division?
Old 07-19-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Hockey is back Oct 1st

So how about that Metropolitan Division?
When I think Metropolitan, I think Columbus, OH and Raleigh, NC. ....
Old 07-19-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's so weird being in the Atlantic division.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
It's so weird being in the Atlantic division.
Tell me about it ...
Old 07-20-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Team USA Olympic roster projection: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...dium=twitt er

Discuss ... It's been a while since I thought about this sort of thing. Anyone think Jimmy Howard could actually start in goal over Jonathan Quick? What about the third goaltender? Think they'd really leave Ryan Miller off given his previous success in 2010?

EDIT: And here's Canada: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...140401738.html

Last edited by Xiomera : 07-20-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick-Howard are almost certainly our 1-2, but I would have to think Quick gets the nod at the start. You never know, though. As for Miller, he might not be better than Anderson or Schneider right now. I think it's still possible for him to be one of the best goalies in the league at some time and I think he is very much in the running for the team, but some suspect that since he is not going to be the starter than he just might not be included at all. I'm not sure I buy that, even for the league's token emo player, that seems pretty messed up when it comes to representing your country at the Olympics. But it might not even matter if Anderson and/or Schneider continue to be better. Lambert doesn't even mention him, but he's heavily based out of advanced stats and trolling Buffalo fans, and beneficial or not that's not what these things always come down to.

As for the rest of the roster, there are no real surprises. Chris Peters, good writer of USA hockey things, did a projection over at CBS Sports and his only differences were Orpik in for Faulk and Schneider over Anderson. Personally, I like Justin Faulk a whole lot even at his age and would like him in there. I also really like Dubinsky but I don't know if he has a spot. I also don't care for how sheepish they are on Stepan.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I thought the author of that article did make a great point though. Howard somehow backstopped the Red Wings to a 5th-best GAA for the season behind a defense that lost Nick Lidstrom and Brad Stuart without replacing them with anything more than inexperienced defenders.

I could see a scenario in which they each get a start in the preliminary round assuming both are playing well in the NHL prior to the Olympic break.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Sure looking like Jagr to the Devils. So now we get to watch Jagr and Brodeur hang out for parts of a season while their team does horribly.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I wonder if this means Damien Brunner won't end up in New Jersey now ... I can't believe that guy isn't signed still ...
Old 07-22-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Nathan Horton - Dallas
Mike Ribeiro - Washington

David Clarkson - Toronto
Jarome Iginla - Ottawa
Jaromir Jagr - New Jersey
Michael Ryder - Carolina
Valtteri Filppula - Winnipeg

Stephen Weiss - Detroit
Daniel Briere - Boston
Ryan Clowe - Nashville
Derek Roy - Florida
Victor Stalberg - Calgary
Brendan Morrow - Phoenix

Ray Emery - Calgary
Tim Thomas - Philadelphia

Andre Ference - Toronto
Rob Scuderi - Los Angeles
Ron Hainsey - Calgary
Ryan Whitney - Dallas

Aka I have no idea
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i have to imagine it's the same reason we didn't bring him back: he wants way more money than he's actually worth.
That's part of it. He's a very one-dimensional player. I don't know how valuable a 25-goal scorer is if he doesn't play defense, kill penalties or play with any physicality. Some non-contending team will give him more than $3 million/year long-term, but I wouldn't.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Brandon Dubinsky not invited to Olympic camp? lolwut

They must have a really good idea of who they want, not surprisingly, if they're trying to get future experience for guys like Bjugstad and Beau Bennett, who have no business being there over guys like Dubinsky and Pominville (who I never expected to make the team, but still)
Old 07-22-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I thought the author of that article did make a great point though. Howard somehow backstopped the Red Wings to a 5th-best GAA for the season behind a defense that lost Nick Lidstrom and Brad Stuart without replacing them with anything more than inexperienced defenders.

I could see a scenario in which they each get a start in the preliminary round assuming both are playing well in the NHL prior to the Olympic break.
Yep, it should depend on how well they're playing leading up to the Oly break. And it's nice to see that the Americans have the advantage in goal...
Old 07-22-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

John Gibson > All Canadian goaltenders
Old 07-22-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clearly you're forgetting Jonathan Bernier.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Gerbe to Carolina :/

I wish him luck, even if he is on that gross, irrelevant team.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone, anywhere, ever liked the Hurricanes?
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would be in for a 90's fantasy draft?
Old 07-28-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Well that sounds just great to me.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will you be naked?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

We will all be, obviously.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

All arbitration cases were avoided. Still a lot of interesting RFA contracts to be handed out, though. Pietrangelo, Stepan, Kadri, Hodgson, Henrique, Johansson, Boedker, Nyquist, ...
Old 07-30-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pavs signed a 5 year $30M extension with Sharks.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote