Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-23-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
And you give me grief for not watching Orphan Black over Doctor Who! SCREW YOU, PAL!
That's because it's you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Idris Elba is always first.
I find it hard to disagree with this sentiment even though I think you should watch it last. Damn you.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Orphan Black should be ahead of Luther my friend. Doctor Who should be above both. <3
Wrong.

Luther has 14 episodes, Orphan Black has 10, Doctor Who has 82 and counting. Why would he watch Who first? Use that silly little head of yours!
Old 07-23-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm watching veronica mars before orphan black.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Wrong.

Luther has 14 episodes, Orphan Black has 10, Doctor Who has 82 and counting. Why would he watch Who first? Use that silly little head of yours!
I believe show order should be viewed from best show on down, not which has the least amount of episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I'm watching veronica mars before orphan black.

Bad decision. Bad bad.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
someone tell me i'll eventually not be really upset that david tennant was replaced by matt smith. not that matt smith is awful. and i sort of felt the same way about eccleston, though eventually i liked tennant more.
I was in the exact same boat as you. I'm in the last season and I think Matt Smith is amazing. I still like Tennant more, but you'll eventually get over it and learn to love Matt Smith too.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vincent Van Goff.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
i figured. i keep telling myself it's the same as last time they switched. and it probably will be again, the next time they switch. but there's still a bit of an... off period at each transition so far.
Yep, agreed 100%. I didn't like Matt Smith at all for like five or six episodes, and then something just clicked. Same thing with the transition from Eccleston to Tennant.

Matt Smith is awesome, but he's no Tennant. (imo)

Old 07-23-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Just about done with the first season of Orange Is the New Black and highly recommend it.
Yeah i finished season one a few days ago. Very good show, can't wait for season 2.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yep, agreed 100%. I didn't like Matt Smith at all for like five or six episodes, and then something just clicked. Same thing with the transition from Eccleston to Tennant.

Matt Smith is awesome, but he's no Tennant. (imo)
Same for me. The shift from Tennant to Smith was ehh, but by the end of his first season I was on board. He's just too immature and goofy, and not intimidating enough when he needs to be imo. Still entertaining, but definitely in 3rd of the recent Doctors.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4 episodes into Orphan Black and completely hooked. WATCH IT!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Is it on netflix?
Old 07-23-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Is it on netflix?
I'm not sure but I don't believe so, I just downloaded it.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't panic, but the next 3 episodes have a small drop-off in quality before the end of the season brings it all home.

I thought it was a very good first season overall.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:39 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys seriously need to watch Drunk History. More informative than the History Channel and funnier than most things on Comedy Central.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching The End of Time Part 2.
For you Who fans.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished s03e03 of Luther

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
totally having the same issue with amy, too. she's just worthless as anything other than eye candy. at least donna and martha were fairly useful quickly, and didn't spend the entirety of every episode whining and being incapable of doing relatively simple tasks.
Give it time. She quickly became my favorite companion, and there are some neat storylines in your future.

Also don't badmouth my future wife. We're going to get married and then things will be awkward between you and I.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
You have been converted. Enjoy your new life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Is it on netflix?
It isn't. If you have cable it originally aired on BBC America. Or you can download it.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Almost through season 4 of Trueblood.

Need to start Ray Donovan, Orphan Black, Orange is the New Black, Boardwalk Empire, Oz, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men. (SUGGESTIONS)

Need to finish Shameless, Weeds, Homeland, The Bridge.

Caught up on Suits, GoT, Californication, Newsroom, Girls, Dexter.

Yeah, plate is full.

Last edited by tjsunstein : 07-24-2013 at 10:51 AM.
tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
i'm hoping so. though it'll be tough to outdo rose, for me.
I thought the same thing, but I'd be shocked if you still like Rose more after one full season with Amy.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Almost through season 4 of Trueblood.

Need to start Ray Donovan, Orphan Black, Orange is the New Black, Boardwalk Empire, Oz, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men. (SUGGESTIONS)

Need to finish Shameless, Weeds, Homeland.

Caught up on Suits, GoT, Californication, Newsroom, Girls, Dexter.

Yeah, plate is full.
Where do you find the time?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amy is my favorite, not by much, over Rose.

While I did eventually become content with Donna, she sucked hardcore. It just got to the point where I could absent mindedly ignore everything about her and still enjoy the show, plus Tennant awesomeness helped a lot.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought the same thing, but I'd be shocked if you still like Rose more after one full season with Amy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Amy is my favorite, not by much, over Rose.

While I did eventually become content with Donna, she sucked hardcore. It just got to the point where I could absent mindedly ignore everything about her and still enjoy the show, plus Tennant awesomeness helped a lot.
All of this is true.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-24-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

I will say this, while Tennant > Smith, Smith seasons are greatly helped out by having Amy plus Rory and River. I know Tennant had Captain Jack, who is awesome in his own right, but the stories with Amy + Rory + River are great to me.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I will say this, while Tennant > Smith, Smith seasons are greatly helped out by having Amy plus Rory and River. I know Tennant had Captain Jack, who is awesome in his own right, but the stories with Amy + Rory + River are great to me.
Agreed.
I wish Eccleston was given more time. But he did his job and restarted the series.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack