Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-24-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Nic Cage can play Batman this time instead of Superman? I think people would pay for a Nic Cage Batman...

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Just end right there. Midnight in Paris is the only Woody Allen movie worth watching.
That movie sucked. Decent throughout, but the last 10 minutes ended so quickly and was so predictable that it ruined the rest for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Are they serious about this Batman Vs Superman movie? Please don't do this...
Why not? I mean I don't like the vs. moniker, but that could be changed.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why taint such a good thing (Batman) with such a HORRRRRIIIBBBBLLLE thing (Superman)?

Seriously, Superman is easily the lamest, blandest, least interesting "big" superhero out there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said, can we just get another batman movie without superman instead? Please?

Also, this looks like so much fun, and I really hope it will be awesome.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...ource=facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Like I said, can we just get another batman movie without superman instead? Please?
Who is to say you won't get that anyways soon?

Quote:
Old 07-24-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Why taint such a good thing (Batman) with such a HORRRRRIIIBBBBLLLE thing (Superman)?

Seriously, Superman is easily the lamest, blandest, least interesting "big" superhero out there.
If Superman was so horrible, he wouldn't have lasted this long. Especially past the 1950's when the comic industry almost folded.

And the character isn't that bad. I'm not sure why you believe Superman as a character is "horrible". I like the way Max Landis puts it below in regards to him as a character. Well, in some aspects.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never liked anything related to Superman. And the only Batman movie I liked was 'The Dark Knight' (and I only really liked that because of Heath Ledger's Joker.)

So I could just do without anymore Batman or Superman movies, and especially without one that features both.

EDIT- And yes, Superman is an awful superhero. So damn boring.

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 07-24-2013 at 11:03 PM.
XxXdragonXxX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
If Superman was so horrible, he wouldn't have lasted this long. Especially past the 1950's when the comic industry almost folded.

And the character isn't that bad. I'm not sure why you believe Superman as a character is "horrible". I like the way Max Landis puts it below in regards to him as a character. Well, in some aspects.

And I'm sure Transformers is one of the all-time great movie franchises.

Popularity ≠ quality.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
And I'm sure Transformers is one of the all-time great movie franchises.

Popularity ≠ quality.
Yeah but you're talking about a big budget movie with special effects that was already adapted from a previously popular media. And that's in an era where something like that will survive because of the dough it rakes it and because it was already well known. There is a little more to it than that. We live in an age of nostalgia. The Transformers films are set up perfectly to last simply because of the money it makes, regardless if the films aren't that great from a story level.

I'm talking strictly about the comic book back in the day when the superhero/comic book industry almost died, and in a lot of ways hasn't fully recovered. Comic books don't have and never will have the same presence a 21st century big budget film has to save itself from cancellation. The mediums are completely different. Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman were really the only big three at DC to survive at the time.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 07-25-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want them to taint the great Batman trilogy we just saw with Superman's filth.

I always hated Superman. The lamest comic book hero of all time. So you can do basically anything, you have super strength, you can fly, you can shoot ******* lasers out of your eyes, and your arch villain is some rich dude?

Really? Really?! A rich dude? You can't figure out how to beat a rich dude?

Punch him in his chest. Shoot a laser in his face. Go throw him in the ocean. USE YOUR POWERS.

Dude can't even beat a rich dude. Lamest comic ever. Can't stand Super Man.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 07-25-2013 at 07:33 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how much the justice league would cost in terms if movie budget?

Cheapest superhero comic, aqua man lol.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Batman is by far the most overrated Super Hero of all time.

Bring me the Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Superman. Batman is so overdone.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Batman is by far the most overrated Super Hero of all time.

Bring me the Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Superman. Batman is so overdone.

I will fight you to the death.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if that were true (its not), at least batman has an amazing rogue's gallery of villains including one of, if not THE best, comic villain ever.

Superman.....not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
That movie sucked. Decent throughout, but the last 10 minutes ended so quickly and was so predictable that it ruined the rest for me.
*shrug* the movie went were it needed to go and wrapped things up nicely and quickly.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Even if that were true (its not), at least batman has an amazing rogue's gallery of villains including one of, if not THE best, comic villain ever.

Superman.....not so much.
Oh, it's most definitely true. That's not saying he is bad. I love Batman, and I agree his stable of villains is absolutely one of the best. DC has plenty of other great heroes, some of which I like more than Batman, such as The Flash and Green Lantern.

I really hope you're not calling The Joker the best villain ever though.

edit: I'm actually watching Batman right now on Syfy, haha.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 07-25-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I am not really a huge Batman fanatic, but I do think he's got a good thing going, and his villains are definitely awesome. Definitely like Green Lantern and the Flash more than Batman as well. I know most don't like him, but I like Aquaman too.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want a Flash movie... I just don't know how they could possibly get away with bringing in his villians... I think they'd be better off just creating some random serial killer or borrowing the Riddler instead. Talking gorillas from hidden cities don't really mix with the realistic setting of these movies.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 07-25-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Also.... Leo turned down Star Wars for Tobey McGuire's Robotech movie and Ryan Gosling as Luke's son?

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/279...next-star-wars

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 07-25-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why people are obsessed with making super hero movies that are seemingly realistic or plausible......just make it like the comic book - outlandish with crazy ass bad guys. It's all about pure entertainment anyways, that's the spirit of super hero comic books.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

I don't expect it to be realistic. How can they ever do a realistic Justice League? They can't without making it an abomination.

Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold, and Professor Zoom would all be awesome.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Also.... Leo turned down Star Wars for Tobey McGuire's Robotech movie and Ryan Gosling as Luke's son?

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/279...next-star-wars
Sad news that he turned down Star Wars, but I love Robotech also. Really excited for it.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I don't expect it to be realistic. How can they ever do a realistic Justice League? They can't without making it an abomination.

Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold, and Professor Zoom would all be awesome.
Exactly. Filmakers of Batman and Spiderman and Xmen and stuff seem to be bent on making superhero movies that can almost scientifically happen or seem realistic. I can see Batman doing that, they obviously did a great job with the Dark Knight trilogy, but when it comes to the Justice League it makes sense to go more farfetched. Another reason why they should just start over with Batman when they bring him into the next Superman movie.