Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
They're young but any of their five starters could emerge as a top tier player if any of them live up to their potential in the next two years.
None of them are emerging as a viable #1 option for next season. They're talented, but they will absolutely stink next year.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, they're way too young to put anything together this year. On a related note, I really like Gordon Hayward.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which roster would you rather have. Jazz or Magic
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yup, they're way too young to put anything together this year. On a related note, I really like Gordon Hayward.
I'm fine with Hayward. I doubt he'll ever be anything more than a 3rd option on a good team though. Derrick Favors, however, is dat dude.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Is rabies not an option?
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jazz but I'm not happy about it.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've soured a bit on Burke, but Hayward, Kanter, Favors is a really good core with a bunch of upside, and Brandon Rush is a solid shooting option off the bench. The only guy from the Magic i'd want is Vucevic. And Tobias Harris if he continues to play like he did after he got traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'm fine with Hayward. I doubt he'll ever be anything more than a 3rd option on a good team though. Derrick Favors, however, is dat dude.
Yup, Favors is their blue chipper but Hayward is no slouch. I wanna see his production with starters minutes and a little more ball handling.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd need to know who is going to develope into the better player, Kanter or Vucevic. Behooves both these teams to get a high pick next year.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Magic. No horrible horrible contracts to hinder you, while getting Hedos 12 mil off the books this year. Going to be worse than the Jazz, so hopefully a higher pick. Grab a high flyer to put with Oladipos D and Vucevics low post and Harris outside, and you have a good nucleus to build on.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Magic. No horrible horrible contracts to hinder you, while getting Hedos 12 mil off the books this year. Going to be worse than the Jazz, so hopefully a higher pick. Grab a high flyer to put with Oladipos D and Vucevics low post and Harris outside, and you have a good nucleus to build on.
Neither do the jazz. The 3 from GS are expiring.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Utah by far
Old 07-25-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Neither do the jazz. The 3 from GS are expiring.
I know they dont, I just meant overall they have the chance of getting cap space to sign what they need. Has the Jazz ever had a big signing rather than re-signing their own players? Magic had a few, so gotta factor in if free agents want to come there to play.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Utah by far
This. Burke-Hayward-Favors-Kanter is an awesome young core and you will suck this year and add what will hopefully be an All Star caliber player in the draft. Add in the extra first rounders they have and you're pretty money.

Utah is one of the best set up teams for future success IMO.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So do all of you see Favors as a future 18-20PPG and 10RPG player??

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 07-25-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You mean what Boogie has been all his career? #KingsIn2016
Old 07-25-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
You mean what Boogie has been all his career? #KingsIn2016
You haven't mentioned him in a few days so it is allowed.

#OnlyifLeBronIsRetired

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-25-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

It's crazy how underrated he is. He has been a 17/10 guy for the last two years while showing drastic improvement every year between, and he's only 22. Hope they don't stupidly leave him off Team USA again.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favors next year, 14 pts 13 reb 3 blk and one of the best defenders in the league

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
It's crazy how underrated he is. He has been a 17/10 guy for the last two years while showing drastic improvement every year between, and he's only 22. Hope they don't stupidly leave him off Team USA again.
It's just the personality/character concerns everyone wants to talk about which is why he underhyped. Then you add in Sacramento not being a winning team in those seasons. He did it to himself with the character questions in the beginning of his career, but really seemed to improve last year on those issues. He should start getting some new respect soon especially if the Kings start turning it around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Favors next year, 14 pts 13 reb 3 blk and one of the best defenders in the league
30-34 mpg? Not bad.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-25-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pelicans aren't better than the Jazz, that's ludicrous. I think Davis will emerge as a star this year, but other than that, meh. Jrue and Eric Gordon are overrated, Tyreke is good but shouldn't be a small forward or whatever they do with him, they don't have anyone to play the 5 and Austin Rivers is on the roster.

I keep saying this but Brandon Rush is incredibly underrated, Burke could easily be the rookie of the year, Favors and Kanter will get much better, Alec Burks could emerge, Marvin Williams is solid and Hayward is a nice starter. I love the way they are built...not a contender right now, but they will fight for the last two spots in the West and I think they will make it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The Jazz are way too young, and like young teams they will be awful on defense. I don't think they will be challenging anything, but they will be fun to watch and root for. And I already mentioned Brandon Rush so I out hipster'd you.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How will they be awful on defense? Nobody on the team is a bad defender exactly.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

They were 20th in fg% allowed last year and are adding a rookie and giving heavier minutes to inexperienced guys. I expect their defense to be worse than last year.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jazz roster over the Magic's and it's not close.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote